The Student Room Group

Is this a good idea for my gap year?

Ok, I'm on a gap year atm- and have done nothing yet. It took me a while to find a job, because I live in the middle of nowhere!

Do you think this - http://www.britishinstitute.it/en/courses/1/italian-language-courses/ - would be worth it? Probably for two months, if I can get enough money together. Might combine it with art as well.

Trouble is, I can only afford one trip before I go to university - I'm going to do Classics in October.

Is it worth all the expense?

Also, just so you know, I have only been abroad three times in my whole life (I'm 19) and two of those were choir tours!

thanks!
Reply 1
I'll take that as a no, then.
Reply 2
The link isn't working. Where are you doing Classics and is it a Latin/Ancient Greek course?
If you're interested in studying Classics in Italy, have a look at the Greek & Latin Summer School run by the University of Bologna - more info here. I heard about it a few years ago, looks very interesting and I'm considering signing up for it myself - I'm in a similar position to you in terms of being half way through a gap year with very little planned!

The course you suggested actually looks really interesting. There's a big gap-year tour called Art History Abroad very popular among spoilt 'gap-yah' types and costs over £8,000 (yes, £8,000) for a two-month course. Compared with that, the British Institute is actually pretty good value so, if it's what you're passionate about doing, I'd say you should definitely go for it!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply