The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Michael.
Your work is :eek: (amazing) what pathway did you choose ?

Thanks so much! I chose Fine Art what about you?
Reply 261
Original post by emerchant
Thanks so much! I chose Fine Art what about you?

I chose fashion & textiles :smile:
Reply 262
anyone still waiting for a reply?
Reply 263
AHHH GOT INTO CSM ON TUE!!!! see you all there xxx
Reply 264
shall we all join a facebook group for csm foundation students ?
Reply 265
got rejected today, so gutted :frown:
here's an example of my work, oil paint on 60x42 inch canvas http://i42.tinypic.com/28cirnq.jpg
I got a conditional offer for the diagnostic pathway. I'm really unsure of wheather to accept it though, as I hadn't expected to get it (applied on a whim) and have accepted a place at Falmouth, which I can cancel, just won't get my deposit back. I'm really confused about where to go, everyones telling me different things and I like both places and courses equally, but I keep hearing nasty things about CSM and worry that I'd be really out of the way in Falmouth. I don't want to get on a course and hate it! Anyone else having this kind of trouble?
Reply 267
Original post by 12Sparrow21
I got a conditional offer for the diagnostic pathway. I'm really unsure of wheather to accept it though, as I hadn't expected to get it (applied on a whim) and have accepted a place at Falmouth, which I can cancel, just won't get my deposit back. I'm really confused about where to go, everyones telling me different things and I like both places and courses equally, but I keep hearing nasty things about CSM and worry that I'd be really out of the way in Falmouth. I don't want to get on a course and hate it! Anyone else having this kind of trouble?

I applied to those two courses at CSM and Falmouth as well At first i couldn't decide, but after visiting both i decided CSM.. personally i found the standard of the work ridiculously better at CSM, and i know that Falmouth is a very very relaxed year and being so far out of the way people rarely leave... the atmospheres are so different and it depends what kind of year you want to have really. The good thing about Falmouth is that the tutor relationships are really good and they act a lot more like school art teachers, because of the small numbers on the course. When i went to my Falmouth Interview they were very bitchy about CSM saying it rides on its reputation etc... but it does have a good reputation for a reason! i chose CSM in the end because i think London is just a much more exciting place and i have heard a lot of people say negative things about Falmouth being out of the way and stuff.
Original post by emerchant
I applied to those two courses at CSM and Falmouth as well At first i couldn't decide, but after visiting both i decided CSM.. personally i found the standard of the work ridiculously better at CSM, and i know that Falmouth is a very very relaxed year and being so far out of the way people rarely leave... the atmospheres are so different and it depends what kind of year you want to have really. The good thing about Falmouth is that the tutor relationships are really good and they act a lot more like school art teachers, because of the small numbers on the course. When i went to my Falmouth Interview they were very bitchy about CSM saying it rides on its reputation etc... but it does have a good reputation for a reason! i chose CSM in the end because i think London is just a much more exciting place and i have heard a lot of people say negative things about Falmouth being out of the way and stuff.

Yeah I did think that if I went to Falmouth for foundation I'd get stuck there, and I don't really think I could handle much more than a year as it so small, its lovely, but London seems more convenient. The Falmouth people were bitchy at my interview too! And I've had teachers telling me I'm more "suited" to Falmouth, but they are my teachers and don't REALLY know me. Its so confusing!
Reply 269
Original post by mallins
got rejected today, so gutted :frown:
here's an example of my work, oil paint on 60x42 inch canvas http://i42.tinypic.com/28cirnq.jpg

I got rejected too :frown: but I love your painting Im surprised you weren't accepted
Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 270
Original post by BMRing
I got rejected too :frown: but I love your painting Im surprised you weren't accepted
Have you applied anywhere else?

cheers, you got any work online?
and unfortunately no, i think i'll end up doing a foundation at a nearby college but it won't be as good :/ what about you?
Reply 271
I got into CSM, but I think i want to go to Goldsmiths instead, what do you guys think?
Reply 272
Original post by mallins
cheers, you got any work online?
and unfortunately no, i think i'll end up doing a foundation at a nearby college but it won't be as good :/ what about you?

Yea there are some bits I put in my porfolio on here http://www.flickr.com/photos/bmring/
Thats not too bad you can always apply to CSM for degree? :smile: I think im going to go to Ravensbourne
Reply 273
I'm so glad I got into to CSM but am really worried about the bad things I have heard, like lack of space, run down facilities that you have to book way ahead of time to use due to so many people wanting to use them too and so little time with tutors. But it does have a good reputation which surely it wouldn't have if it were seriously as bad as some of the things you hear?!

Do any of you guys no anyone who has/ is doing their foundation at CSM, have they found the negitive things to be true? How are they finding it?
Reply 274
do anyone know if C.S.M sent accomodation prospectus to everyone applied or only to those that they will accept?
Reply 275
http://www.flickr.com/photos/through-the-camera-lens/
This is my online portfolio (has a lot of my work, not just what went in my portfolio)
I got accepted but i don't think my work is as good as some of the others i've seen - I've got a lot to work on before september! :smile:
Reply 276
Original post by cait_
hope you're ok!

I'm alright thanks! Have you heard back from them yet?
Just bit the bullet and accepted my offer for the diagnostic pathway at CSM. Did anyone get around to setting up a Facebook page? Would be really cool!
someone made a fb group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/202034499876875/

but we could make a page too?
Reply 279

Quick Reply

Latest