The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

STILL no reply from any of the following....anyone else heard something? I'm definitely assuming it'll be a stack of PFOs...

Covington and Burling, Charles Russell, HLW Keeble Hawson, Hunters, Leathes Prior, Goody Burrett, Silverdale and Hay & Kilner

:frown:
Does anyone know how the training contract process tends to work if you have a vac scheme with that firm?

I've got a Vac Scheme with Addleshaw Goddard, and my application was joint vac scheme/TC 2014, so I'm presuming I won't have to go through another round of phone interview and assessment centre?
Reply 3002
Original post by LauraAS
STILL no reply from any of the following....anyone else heard something? I'm definitely assuming it'll be a stack of PFOs...

Covington and Burling, Charles Russell, HLW Keeble Hawson, Hunters, Leathes Prior, Goody Burrett, Silverdale and Hay & Kilner

:frown:

I was invited for interview at Covington about 3 weeks ago and had it yesterday. They told me that they would let me know whether I was successful with my application in the next week..
Anyone heard from Bond Pearce or Veale Wasborough Vizards?
Do VWV do a proper vac scheme now? They didn't last year when I looked at them.
Original post by Blue locket
Has anyone heard anything from; Shoosmiths, Weightmans or Trowers and Hamlins?

Nothing from Weightmans...
Reply 3006
Original post by elguiri

Nothing from Weightmans but Ive had PFOs from the other two
Original post by elguiri

Waiting to hear from Weightmans is KILLING ME. but on the website it says we should hear by March 30th...so if nothing by next week think I'll just ring up!
Reply 3008
Bristows PFO.
Irwin Mitchell Manchester Vac Scheme :biggrin:
Reply 3010
Original post by mpickup
Bristows PFO.

Likewise.
Original post by hello45
Has anyone heard anything from Bristows yet? I put my first choice as their spring placement, but haven't' heard anything!
And anyone still waiting to hear from Clyde & Co?

It seems like Bristows have done some emailing today so you should've got something from them. I got a stalling email explaining large number of applications, will be in touch soon etc, meanwhile a few mates have had PFOs
Reply 3012
Eversheds Vac scheme! Has any body else got a place at the Leeds office?
Original post by LJohno13
Eversheds Vac scheme! Has any body else got a place at the Leeds office?

Congrats! Unfortunately that is almost certainly doom for me as I've heard nothing (and applied ages ago) :frown:
Reply 3014
Original post by midlandsman
Does anyone know of any 31st March Deadline Vac Schemes, preferably ones just needing a CV + Cover letter?

Laytons.
Reply 3015
What is going on with Clyde & Co?

It seems a lot of people still haven't heard anything.. people that had interviews and offered places, was that for summer schemes or easter? :s

P.S still waiting on Charles Russell and had a phone interview for Shoosmiths monday.
Original post by bravenew
I was there too! But havnt heard back...

Have you heard from them yet? Would be cool if you were there at the same time
Has anyone heard from TLT post-phone interview?
Reply 3018
Original post by midlandsman
Great shout mate. Thanks a lot.

Now kindly delete your post before word gets out. :wink:

Any other suggestions anybody? :biggrin:

Edit: Neg seriously? I thought it was clear from the wink that I was joking... get a life.

No problem! All the best with the application!

If you are interested in Shipping, More Fisher Brown opens over the Easter weekend. They have no official dates listed, but they do accept applications over Easter for vac schemes.
Reply 3019
Not looking good it appears that Charles Russell are my last hope. Has anyone heard anything from them today yet? I swear that their acknowledgement email stated that they would get back to us by the end of March.

Quick Reply

Latest