The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by MissLightyear
just got an offer from Salford ... for sports rehabilitation! Erm, no thanks, If I was interested in that I'd have applied for it! Worse than a rejection that, 'we dont want you for physio, why not do this course you have absolutely no interest in instead since we cant fill the places from people actually interested in it!'

Only UCLan to wait for now, please be an offer!

Hi I had the same offer which is strange because it has changed my choice on UCAS to the Sport Rehabilitation code can they do this?? Surely they would have to put "unsuccessful" next to the Physio code choice and then send a letter to offer sport rehab?? Am sure this is a big mistake I will be ringing them first thing to find out, i wonder if anyone else has had this offer??
just got an offer from Salford ... for sports rehabilitation! Erm, no thanks, If I was interested in that I'd have applied for it! Worse than a rejection that, 'we dont want you for physio, why not do this course you have absolutely no interest in instead since we cant fill the places from people actually interested in it!'

Only UCLan to wait for now, please be an offer!

Original post by natwahxx
Hi I had the same offer which is strange because it has changed my choice on UCAS to the Sport Rehabilitation code can they do this?? Surely they would have to put "unsuccessful" next to the Physio code choice and then send a letter to offer sport rehab?? Am sure this is a big mistake I will be ringing them first thing to find out, i wonder if anyone else has had this offer??

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1722
Original post by Scoachie
has anyone done the hpat test for uni of ulster? have any of you got offers or will you just get a decision when you get your test results? i haven't heard anything from ucas :frown: starting to worry now!!!

noo! i haven't heard anything from the uni or hpat yet:frown: it says the results are out in late march so hopefully they should be out soon!! i heard sometimes they give out offers on track the day before the hpat results are actually out but that was just someone last year so im not sure
Original post by natwahxx

Pretty sure they can do it, I dont see the point in it though, if someones interested in one course why bother giving them an offer for a course theyre not inerested in? WOuld rather have been rejected.

Original post by Maes Seren
I don't know whether it's the same for Salford, but I think some uni's allow you do complete the first year on a sports therapy course and then swap to physio (providing they run closely in 1st year) so may be worth checking if that is their idea?

Theyve not mentioned it in the email they sent, but either way im not interesed in the course so doing a year of it would be tough, plus its £8000. Luckily I wasnt going to firm/insure salford anyway.
Reply 1724
Anyone excited yet?!? I am! Who's going to Man Met? :biggrin:
Original post by hannahwk
Anyone excited yet?!? I am! Who's going to Man Met? :biggrin:

Possibly, it all depends on whether UCLan give me an offer or not :tongue:
I've the same dilemma with Bradford, love the facilities for our course, they aeon really friendly too, but the place is grim and a bit of a dump (and this is coming from someone who lives in the northwest)

It will probably end up as my insurance tbh.

Original post by jack9
anyone firming bradford?
really liked the health building and the people within physiotherapy, but its the place and the rest of the uni..

anyone else have anything to say about bradford?

Original post by themeadows
I've firmed Bradford as I came to the decision that I wouldn't actually be at the uni for that long - maybe first year, but then you've got placements and the uni year is only 6 months long or so....personal preference I think :smile:

Hi Everyone!
Congratulations on everyones offers!
I have been made two offers, Bradford and MMU.
I have a dilema over my first choice. Like some of you have said, I loved the campus and facilities that Bradford has to offer, but not so sure about the area.
If anyone who has offers from either of these places could tell me what they think about them then I would really appreciate it.
Who else has firmed Brunel??
Reply 1728
Just firmed Man Met! Uclan rejected me for not meeting the expectations at the interview but the interview was pretty irrelevant to the course so i'm not too bothered :smile:
Reply 1729
Original post by clarke137
Who else has firmed Brunel??

I have :smile:
Rejected from UClan, no surprise as it was my first interview and I was nervous as hell! Not going to lie, I was devastated, even considered withdrawing my application.

However, I found out on the way to my first senior rugby match so couldn't do anything. Anyway match went awesome, met some awesome people and generally have a more positive outlook on life!

Man met is still a great uni and I'm lucky to have got other offers, UCLan isn't the be all and end all.
So basically, gonna have man met as firm and Bradford as insurance!
Rejected from UClan, no surprise as it was my first interview and I was nervous as hell! Not going to lie, I was devastated, even considered withdrawing my application.

However, I found out on the way to my first senior rugby match so couldn't do anything. Anyway match went awesome, met some awesome people and generally have a more positive outlook on life!

Man met is still a great uni and I'm lucky to have got other offers, UCLan isn't the be all and end all.
So basically, gonna have man met as firm and Bradford as insurance!

Hard Luck.
At least you have offers though!
I know you really wanted Uclan,
But as you can read here, many people have received a lot of rejections, some receiving 5 rejections which is unlucky and must be heart breaking.

On the bright side, you get to go to Manchester for 3 years, a cracking city.
Original post by pashoxphysio
Hard Luck.
At least you have offers though!
I know you really wanted Uclan,
But as you can read here, many people have received a lot of rejections, some receiving 5 rejections which is unlucky and must be heart breaking.

On the bright side, you get to go to Manchester for 3 years, a cracking city.

Yeah I am happy just to have offers!

I live near Manchester anyway so at least I know the place, only thing is with it being in the city parking will be an expensive nightmare! I need my car to get to training so hopefully I can find somewhere

Also, the sports scholarship isnt great, only £500. It sounds odd focussing on that but I need all the scholarships I can get!

It did seem like a great place though and the woman that interviewed me seemed really friendly and actually interested in what I was saying
Reply 1733
well......hpat results in. what did everyone get?
Looking at MMU, struggling in terms of moneas in the accomodation is really expensive and they don't offer much in terms of bursaries!

Also, can't apply for a parking permit for the Manchester campus unless you're disabled, I need my car at uni for training.

Closest halls aren't that close, and are £100 a week, don't think I can afford it :/

Really considering withdrawing and reapplying next year!
Reply 1735
i'm still waiting to hear from northumbria, had the interview and 2nd referee has sent off the reference like they told me to.

should i be expecting to hear from them in the next couple of days as there is only one day left in march?

I got 86 percentile but I'm really not too sure if that's enough...
anyone got any ideas? x
Original post by jack9
i'm still waiting to hear from northumbria, had the interview and 2nd referee has sent off the reference like they told me to.

should i be expecting to hear from them in the next couple of days as there is only one day left in march?

I heard back the day after I sent mine off and got a conditional :smile:
So you should hear pretty soon.. although I did get asked for the references on the 9th march and had sent them off by the 10th and had the offer on the 11th so there might just be a back log of people who have only just sent theres off so the addmission staff are trying to get through them all... hope you hear soon :smile:
Reply 1738

100th percentile :biggrin:

Just as well, it's my last college. Wanted Manchester but what hope had I when everyone on here is firming it?!
Original post by DK_Tipp
100th percentile :biggrin:

Just as well, it's my last college. Wanted Manchester but what hope had I when everyone on here is firming it?!

well done :smile: panic panic panic haha :P

Quick Reply

Latest