The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel scared if they see a chav?

Just curious.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A chav, no. A group of chavs, perhaps.
Reply 2
man up.
Original post by goape
A chav, no. A group of chavs, perhaps.

This, depending whether they have hands down pants with knives...
Reply 4
depends, if its late at night and there is a big group of them and i'm alone then yes, i would be scared.
if its just me and them and its daylight and they don't look threatening then i'm fine
guess, it depends on the situation, place and time.
Reply 5
Not really, when I was younger I was. Thing is I grew up in an area riddled with them and always used to get started on cos I was a bit of a mosher when I was younger lol. Now though, after getting to know most of them, I've realised you get up to the same stuff and you get on. A lot of them are actually really, really sound people so you can't judge them all.

Chavs are mostly all mouth, if one started getting aggressive then the best option is to react first.
(edited 12 years ago)
This is sterotypical is someone said yes, I know many chavs, many are very polite, don't judge a book dude...
Reply 7
Original post by Benniboi1
Define chav.

Some people on TSR just seem to live in their own little bubble.

Reply 8
Nah, a threatening person doesn't have to be a chav, got a lot of chav mates, they're not aggressive people. Most of the aggressive people I know are actually part of the "alternative" crowd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Iron Lady

Thats a chav that would 'scare someone' in your mind?

Jesus, some people really dont have a clue on this site. I mean, surely the term 'violent' comes into your vocabulary at some point when thinking about a chav once you have specified being scared by them? not just people who dress a certain way...
Man up.
Reply 11
Original post by Tommyjw
Thats a chav that would 'scare someone' in your mind?

Jesus, some people really dont have a clue on this site. I mean, surely the term 'violent' comes into your vocabulary at some point when thinking about a chav once you have specified being scared by them? not just people who dress a certain way...

Of course.

She does look aggressive though, like she's about to hit someone. And crikey, those tattoos / gold chains :eek:
Reply 12
Of course.

She does look aggressive though, like she's about to hit someone. And crikey, those tattoos / gold chains :eek:

Ye.. how scary..

:facepalm2:

So tell me the point in this thread other than a way to put forward your ignorant view on 'chavs'?
when it's just one on their own they're harmless.
If I'm walking down a quite road with a group of them heading towards me, then yeah. I think this is a pretty logical reaction, in all my experiences with these vermins, about 4/10 times have been confrontational one way or another, they just find something to start on you to try and impress the rest of their gang of fagbags. Its always petty and pathetic, I've seen it all: jump in front of you, shout out ''oi mate'', throw a bottle, throw a sweet wrapper, try and touch you and then giggle like a pack of schoolgirls .....
Reply 15
Original post by Tommyjw
Ye.. how scary..

:facepalm2:

So tell me the point in this thread other than a way to put forward your ignorant view on 'chavs'?

Aww sweetie, have I hit a nerve?

I was just wondering whether people feel frightened by chavs to the extent I am (panic attacks, etc.), hence why I said "just curious" in my OP.
Reply 16

A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.
Reply 17
Original post by Riderz
A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.

:toofunny:

Or X celebrity is over there. :tongue:
Reply 18
chav on their own nahhh a large heard of them on a dark night makes one feel slightly intimidated :rolleyes:
No, I'd never go out otherwise. Besides, most people don't mean any harm.

EDIT: And half of my family lives in council housing, and they're all decent people, despite conforming to some of the stereotypes surrounding "chavs", so I don't really buy into all that.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest