The Student Room Group

When do you start you UCAS application?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh kl thanks guys :smile:
Reply 21
Just get your application done as soon as possible to get it out the way! This way you don't have to worry about it and can just concentrate on getting the grades that you need.
Reply 22
so true! the minute my skl gives me the username/password, im so getting it done, & my personal statement!
Reply 23
Original post by HEY_101
so true! the minute my skl gives me the username/password, im so getting it done, & my personal statement!

Your personal statement is the hardest bit lol!
Reply 24
how do you start it?
I'll ask my form tutor after exams!

how long did it take you?
I started my PS mid-August, submitted to school at the end of September for references etc to be attached, and it was sent from UCAS October 20th. Don't worry about starting now.
Reply 26
Started my PS in April and finished all my application in September 22 :smile: Just to make sure that if you are interested in Camb/Ox, get ready with your application about this time is neccessary (I wouldn't say it is a must) :smile:
Get your exams out of the way first and then start collecting ideas for it. Start jotting down reasons for wanting to study your subject as and when they come to you. Note down the names of books you're reading which are relevant. Try to get a draft done before the summer holidays and show it to your tutor, then you can work on it in the summer holidays. Your exam results may change your ideas a bit. Aim to send it off before the October half term if you can, but don't rush to be too early in case you change your mind when the reality of A2 starts to bite. You'll find quite a few threads from people who were in a rush to get theirs off and then found themselves regretting their choices and being forced to go through Extra when they changed their minds.
make a first draft over the summer holidays. Go through it with a variety of teachers.

My final was draft 7 :smile:
Reply 29
yeh ill start after AS exams and give it to my form tutor thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Latest