The Student Room Group

Failing a first year module?

OK, so I'm a first year geography student. I passed my january exams with straight 2:1's and am pretty comfortable in all my second semester modules, except one...

There's a coursework based module that I do not understand at all. It's based on 2 parts, 1 is a literature review and the other a statistical test review. Basically, I've already failed the literature review (as in, 38%, so properly failed) and although I haven't got my second part back yet, I cannot imagine it is good enough to pass. My figures were all over the place compared to other people so it's basically a 2,000 word report on nonsense numbers that are completely wrong.

If I fail this module, does it mean I have to resit the whole of 1st year, even if my other module results are good? :s-smilie: I really don't want to resit so I'm getting kinda worried about the prospect.

Thanks for your help.
It depends what university you go to. So long as you passed the 1st year overall mine would let you into second year, but make you resit any failed modules.
Reply 2
It is highly unlikely that they will make u resit the whole year. As long as you have 40 % overall... the worst they can do is make you resit the module in summer.. or take it up in second year.. thats at my uni though!! check your uni handbook
Reply 3
At my uni as long as you got 40% overall in each module then you could progress or even get between 30-39% in up to 40 credits and go into second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending