The Student Room Group

Interview at IOE next week !!!

Hi all,

Is there anyone going for a PGCE Primary interview, next week, at IOE, Uni of London? :s-smilie:
I do! Freaking out a little bit about it all really.

Can I ask what you are wearing?

Presentation. Interview. Tests. GAH!

The only bit I'm not freaked out about is the document drop off :smile:

What group are you in?

Good Luck, see you there
Leanna
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbreadgirl
I do! Freaking out a little bit about it all really.

Can I ask what you are wearing?

Presentation. Interview. Tests. GAH!

The only bit I'm not freaked out about is the document drop off :smile:

What group are you in?

Good Luck, see you there
Leanna

Hi,

I was so tensed and serious but you made me laugh when you mentioned about the 'document drop off'...

I think a decent trouser, shirt will be fine. What about you? What are you wearing?

When is your interview? Mine is on Tuesday.

Do you know how much we have to say on the educational issues? I still have no idea...:s-smilie:

By the way, I'm in group 3.

Thank you and good luck to you too.
Rose
Hi Rose,

I feel so much better having made contact with someone going through the exact same thing as me (Haven't really seen much about IoE on here). My interview is tomorrow as well :s I'm glad I could help stave off the stress :smile:

I think I'm going for trousers and a blouse with flat shoes (don't want to add the additional stress of potentially falling on my face haha

I'm not too sure about the educational issues. I think you should know one relatively in depth, enough to state the facts and give a well considered opinion. The trouble I have is that I can't put my finger on what issues to look at. I've been reading the TES and going on the education sections of the Guardian and Telegraph websites but nothing seems like a major issue. I'm going to have a look at the curriculum review I think. Just work the issues into your work experience and it should be fine (I hope)

I wish there was someone who'd already had an interview who could shed some light

I'm group 1.

See you tomorrow :smile:
Leanna
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbreadgirl
Hi Rose,

I feel so much better having made contact with someone going through the exact same thing as me (Haven't really seen much about IoE on here). My interview is tomorrow as well :s I'm glad I could help stave off the stress :smile:

I think I'm going for trousers and a blouse with flat shoes (don't want to add the additional stress of potentially falling on my face haha

I'm not too sure about the educational issues. I think you should know one relatively in depth, enough to state the facts and give a well considered opinion. The trouble I have is that I can't put my finger on what issues to look at. I've been reading the TES and going on the education sections of the Guardian and Telegraph websites but nothing seems like a major issue. I'm going to have a look at the curriculum review I think. Just work the issues into your work experience and it should be fine (I hope)

I wish there was someone who'd already had an interview who could shed some light

I'm group 1.

See you tomorrow :smile:
Leanna

I'm so stressed. :s-smilie: Hope things are fine tomorrow. I'm still trying to search something on educational issues.
Do you have any idea about Maths and English tests? Are they too difficult? I have no clue... Will look up at Bitesize Maths.

Good luck!
Please, do let me know how it went. :smile:
Rose
I know I'll be just as bad tomorrow.

I'm working on my presentation now. The educational issues, just going to flick over the TES.

I wouldn't worry too much about the tests, I heard that in general they're just to see where you're at and how much help you would need to pass the qualifying tests. (also it doesn't say you get rejected if you fail, it does about the presentation :s)

I would recommend looking quickly at a SATs paper, they have as recent as 2010 online for free. They're really quite easy and should make you feel a bit better.

I'll definitely let you know how it goes, hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

Good luck
Leanna
Hello, I have done the IoE interview but didn't get on so you will have to really knuckle down on it.

Educational issues that IoE are looking for:

-EAL pupils
-Free Schools
-Ofsted

Loads more but certainly look up EAL pupils, they asked me that in the interview.
Reply 7
Hi everyone,

I have an interview at the IOE for Primary this coming Tuesday. Could someone give me some ideas of what the levels of the Maths and English tests are please?

Thank you!
Hi guys,

Just checked my track, got an unconditional offer, so very excited.

Rose, I don't think I saw you, how did you find it?

Maths - It's mostly basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. I'd recommend reviewing fractions and decimals. There were a couple of word problems so if you get confused by the phrasing of those questions have a look at some beforehand. I found it quite easy but others found it difficult (I went over a few questions out of a year 6 maths text book beforehand)

English - They're just checking your writing skills (spelling, grammar, punctuation). We had an essay question and roughly 20 minutes to answer. Nothing too stressful.

I would encourage you to make sure you have researched an issue in education because they asked everyone about it on Tuesday.

Also don't be too nervous, I know you probably will be until the day. Try and chat to some of the applicants with you, they're friendly. Also the interviewers all seemed to be want to put you at ease. Apparently they're assessing you from the moment they see you.

Good luck guys
Leanna

PS Lastly make sure you bring all of your certificates, photos and your ID. A delay with that might mean they assess you later.
Reply 9
Hi,

I have been offered a place for PGCE Primary at IOE, University of London. :biggrin: It's an unconditional offer. Yayyyy!!! :colone: I am so excited...
Reply 10
Good Luck to all those who are appearing for an interview and those awaiting their results... :smile:

Rose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending