University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Kevin Wu
My condolences, it is truly UCL's loss.

Where are you going? Just out of interest.

going to firm sussex and for insurance it's out of manchester and reading :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 321
Original post by clark08
did you ask for the reasons or did you get emailed :frown:

they emailed me
Reply 322
Does anyone who received an unconditional offer have the message "See also a letter sent by the institution" under conditions?

This has got me worried as my other unconditional offer doesn't have this message.

Thanks.
Reply 323
Hi! has anyone applied for UCl law but not gotten their replies yet? Roughly by when does UCl reply applicants? the suspense is killing me :O
Original post by AddyWaddy
Hi! has anyone applied for UCl law but not gotten their replies yet? Roughly by when does UCl reply applicants? the suspense is killing me :O

I imagine you'll get a reply by the end of the month, like most unis. I did apply to ucl for law this year, but got rejected. Got an offer from LSE though, so it's all good :wink:
For all offer holders out there - did you receive any emails/mail from UCL after your UCAS track was updated? I'm just asking because LSE followed up with the offer in the mail as well as an email about the open day after I got the offer via UCAS track. Thanks in advance!
So, just received this wonderful little email from UCL. WHAT. THE HELL.

Dear Applicant

I am contacting you regarding your application to one of the LLB programmes at the Faculty of laws, UCL. Your application has been considered by one of our Admissions Tutors as well as the Faculty Tutor and is currently in a holding batch. Due to the large number of outstanding applications, competition for a place on the LLB at UCL is extremely intense; the number of strong applications by far outweigh the number of places available which has led to a small number of candidates being placed in a holding batch to be reconsidered for the very few places remaining. A decision will be made available for you to view on UCAS track when UCL re-opens following the Easter break and the Faculty Tutor has returned.

We appreciate this is a very anxious time for applicants and apologise for any inconvenience caused. It is important to note that there has been an 11% increase in applications to the LLB at UCL for September 2012 entry which means the competition for a place is even tougher than in previous years.

Please note, a decision will be available for you to view on UCAS track the week commencing 16 th April 2012.

Yours sincerely,

Shibhan Atack Undergraduate Admissions Officer

GRHGSGHOKDSGBOFXJJOHCDJBD!!!!!!! >.<
Reply 327
Original post by kokomichelle
For all offer holders out there - did you receive any emails/mail from UCL after your UCAS track was updated? I'm just asking because LSE followed up with the offer in the mail as well as an email about the open day after I got the offer via UCAS track. Thanks in advance!

Yes, they send a physical letter. I got LSE's first and UCL's roughly a week after.
Original post by ratio
Yes, they send a physical letter. I got LSE's first and UCL's roughly a week after.

Strange, I never received mine...I better send them an email to see what went wrong. Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 329
Original post by kokomichelle
Strange, I never received mine...I better send them an email to see what went wrong. Thanks for your help! :smile:

No problem. I wouldn't worry too much as there is zero new information in the letter. It basically restates the info on Track but on UCL letter-headed paper. What you choose to do with the Track offer is what is legally binding anyway.
Reply 330
Is anyone still waiting for a reply ?
Reply 331
Hi all! Thought this might be interesting and (hopefully) useful for all who had their applications in the 'holding batch'.

I received an update on UCAS Track and an email from the admissions offer on 18 April. Track indicated that I had been unsuccessful with my application. However, the on the 19th, I received yet another email from the admissions officer stating that there had been a mistake and that my application was, in fact, successful. The officer apologized and I was extended a conditional offer to read law at UCL.

If Track now indicates that you were unsuccessful, you might want to call UCL to check if there have been any mistakes with your application!
Original post by marsyyam
Hi all! Thought this might be interesting and (hopefully) useful for all who had their applications in the 'holding batch'.

I received an update on UCAS Track and an email from the admissions offer on 18 April. Track indicated that I had been unsuccessful with my application. However, the on the 19th, I received yet another email from the admissions officer stating that there had been a mistake and that my application was, in fact, successful. The officer apologized and I was extended a conditional offer to read law at UCL.

If Track now indicates that you were unsuccessful, you might want to call UCL to check if there have been any mistakes with your application!

This is sort of what happened with mine, except they never said it was a mistake, but that instead of being able to offer me a place on the Law with Another Legal System course I originally applied for, they were making me an offer on the standard 3 year LLB instead. I've read on other threads that this has happened to a few others too, but I'm thinking that if by now if you haven't received another email from UCL saying they're reversing their decision, it is most likely a rejection, seeing as the majority of people who were originally rejected had their decisions reversed the very next day. To be honest, I wasn't really pleased with how they toyed around so much with everyone and I was so close to confirming my second choice as soon as my rejection came in, but now I'm infintely grateful I didn't and waited before UCL's second decision came through :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello! I've applied to UCL this year, sent my application on the 16th of October and did my LNAT on the 20th. I've being predicted A*AA :smile:
When do you guys/girls reckon that I would hear back from UCL?
Hi i got an LNAT score of 24. my essay was avg do you think i still stand a chance at KCL and UCL? i met their academic requirements and my PS was ok

Original post by KnowstheLaw
I believe you get your LNAT score at the end of January or very early February. In terms of interviews at UCL, the woman I spoke to said they don't normally interview for straight law, however they do usually for law with european legal system etc.

Mr Flash, am I right in saying you have an offer from warwick? What were your academics if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest