The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Mechanical Engineering 4 years.

Im looking at probs furness or Fylde, cheapest accom. available, that way ill have more money for going out with.

Word of advice like, ensuite accom. aint all its cracked up to be, just a way of get extra money out of you. I have my own bathroom at home and it doesnt bother me at all having to share a bathroom if needs be.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by MarshyJ7792
Firmed Mechanical Engineering 4 years.

Im looking at probs furness or Fylde, cheapest accom. available, that way ill have more money for going out with.

Word of advice like, ensuite accom. aint all its cracked up to be, just a way of get extra money out of you. I have my own bathroom at home and it doesnt bother me at all having to share a bathroom if needs be.

Fylde is 100% ensuite; so, it won't be the cheapest accommodation available on campus. :smile:
Original post by bownessie
Hiya, I'm studying history there at the moment, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks, I'll remember that.

Out of curiosity, which minor subjects did you choose?
Original post by affinity89
Fylde is 100% ensuite; so, it won't be the cheapest accommodation available on campus. :smile:

Good information, Furness it is then, cheers :wink:
Original post by MarshyJ7792
Good information, Furness it is then, cheers :wink:

Yay.

Furness is a good choice. Everywhere else is nowhere. :tongue:
Reply 25
Firmed Management and IT here :smile: Thinking of going for either furness superior ensuite or county superior ensuite catered, still not sure if I want to be catered or not.
Reply 26
Maths G100

Furness or Grizedale standard

Can't wait! :smile:
Reply 27
Politics firmed :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by lfcjamie
Politics firmed :smile:

Hoping to do this as a minor so may see you there :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Not Guilty
somebody should make a lanc 2012 facebook group.

Software engineering. Bowlands hopefully or failing that County.

In regards to the facebook group, there already is one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/313933688628226/
Reply 30
Firmed for physics. Any other physics firmer's? :biggrin:
Original post by Ladyliesel
Thanks, I'll remember that.

Out of curiosity, which minor subjects did you choose?

I am minoring in human geography and sociology, but I am a bit wierd because I started out doing biology so when I switched I had to switch to minors that would let me on them.

From the people I know, the most common minors for history are politics, religious studies, philosophy and English lit probably. If I had actually had the choice I probably would've picked at least one of them to do instead of sociology and possibly instead of human geography as well.

Are there any subjects you are particularly interested in minoring in?
Reply 32
Firmed for philosophy
Original post by bownessie
I am minoring in human geography and sociology, but I am a bit wierd because I started out doing biology so when I switched I had to switch to minors that would let me on them.

From the people I know, the most common minors for history are politics, religious studies, philosophy and English lit probably. If I had actually had the choice I probably would've picked at least one of them to do instead of sociology and possibly instead of human geography as well.

Are there any subjects you are particularly interested in minoring in?

I wasn't certain yet. I'd considered criminology, film & cultural or gender & women. That sort of thing. I was looking into something new from what I've studied before.
Original post by Ladyliesel
I wasn't certain yet. I'd considered criminology, film & cultural or gender & women. That sort of thing. I was looking into something new from what I've studied before.

Yeah, it is certainly a great opportunity to try out something too! Just note that media & cultural studies and film studies are different from eachother and you (probably) can't minor in film. Gender and women's is a minor course- which means you can only take it for a year so if you want something that is potentially majorable, then that isn't an option. They are all good though!
I've just firmed Lancaster for French and Spanish, no too sure which college I'll go for yet but probably between County and Furness
Just firmed Lancaster for MMath year abroad- no insurance because I didn't like warwick :s anyone know when/how we can start applying for accommodation?
Hiya everyone :smile:
Just firmed to do English and Philosophy :biggrin: Thinking of Cartmel :smile:
Also picked Keele as insurance which I've noticed a few other people on here have too! Good choice :wink: ha ha
Reply 38
Keele's a nice little university, not as nice as Lancaster but still :biggrin:
Hiya! :smile:

Just firmed yesterday for medicine, and im leaning towards bowland because its cheap and i want to live in a tower.

Really fallen in love with the uni, great place to learn for 5 or so years, and us medics get a free laptop. It's free! Brilliant!

Quick Reply

Latest