The Student Room Group

Do all shops list all their vacancies online?

A lot of my friends seem to easily get a job but whenever I look for a part-time job online they're mostly permanent. Very, very few are temporary and the majority of the time I lack the experience to be able to apply for it :redface:

E.g. my friend got a saturday job at Iceland but when I looked at their website there weren't any temporary jobs available at all...Should I keep looking online or visit the shops themselves and ask?
Reply 1
Do both! You don't need much if any experience for a supermarket, it's more about pushing what you have done and making it relevant to the work ie. communication, organisation, stuff like that.
Original post by cardine92
Do both! You don't need much if any experience for a supermarket, it's more about pushing what you have done and making it relevant to the work ie. communication, organisation, stuff like that.

Yeah I was planning on doing both lol I'm in serious need of a job so yeah :tongue:
A lot of firms now advertise online but a lot only advertise the senior vacancies online. Try asking in store if they have any shop assistant roles instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending