The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Chat Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nitzy
Yeah, that just made me have a craving for toast... :colondollar:

Boo, I can no longer be in holiday mode. Sad times.

Eugh, that made me retch a little, though I suppose you would have to have seen it in all of its 'glory'. It. Was. Awful.

I'm in assignment mode, it's due in at midnight, I'm so so stuffed!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 4221
Original post by Becca-Sarah
17-5 :sigh:

What's the etiquette for removing stuff from library desks when someone has blatantly just dumped their stuff there to reserve a desk with no intention of using it anytime soon? :reaper:

get the little librarian on their ass lol :security:. In all seriousness, they should normally leave a note; I do that if I've gone to the loo. Otherwise, just move the papers to another desk.
Reply 4222
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Eugh, that made me retch a little, though I suppose you would have to have seen it in all of its 'glory'. It. Was. Awful.

I'm in assignment mode, it's due in at midnight, I'm so so stuffed!

Haha, I grossed you out :awesome:

Heh, its like I never went on holiday, oh the abuse I get, I'm surprised I haven't killed anyone there yet.
Original post by Nitzy
Haha, I grossed you out :awesome:

Heh, its like I never went on holiday, oh the abuse I get, I'm surprised I haven't killed anyone there yet.

I'll get you! What about the hip operation I was in theatre for the other day, and at the end, once the patient had been taken to recovery, I found a nice little blob of her flesh on the floor? Or the old dear with the PV bleed that I turned only for the most gigantic of clots to plop out of her crimson lady garden. I mean, you could have fried it, stuck it in a bun and given it to someone as a burger! (Anywhere close?)

ETA: I hear you where the abuse is concerned. A guy blew up on me as I asked him to put his spliff out/away; he soon stormed out with his toddler leaving his girlfriend in tears. Heh. The world is full of *****. Another holiday?:P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4224
I'll get you! What about the hip operation I was in theatre for the other day, and at the end, once the patient had been taken to recovery, I found a nice little blob of her flesh on the floor? Or the old dear with the PV bleed that I turned only for the most gigantic of clots to plop out of her crimson lady garden. I mean, you could have fried it, stuck it in a bun and given it to someone as a burger! (Anywhere close?)

ETA: I hear you where the abuse is concerned. A guy blew up on me as I asked him to put his spliff out/away; he soon stormed out with his toddler leaving his girlfriend in tears. Heh. The world is full of *****. Another holiday?:P

No, I found that funny :tongue:

I was also referring to colleagues too... but more the teasing kind, I was there for less than an hour before the banter began again... :shifty:

Yes, preferably out of the country! Want to come with? :tongue:
Just had my last ever lecture here. Inadvertently made myself look like a massive racist. Woops...
Original post by Nitzy
No, I found that funny :tongue:

I was also referring to colleagues too... but more the teasing kind, I was there for less than an hour before the banter began again... :shifty:

Yes, preferably out of the country! Want to come with? :tongue:

I will gross you out if it's the last thing I do!

Ah, the banter can get a bit too much sometimes, kick their shins!

Where will we escape to?:tongue:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Just had my last ever lecture here. Inadvertently made myself look like a massive racist. Woops...

Racism is in fashion.:tongue:

Finishing in style I see :cool: Congrats, now just do the exams and you're done :tongue:
Original post by Democracy
Finishing in style I see :cool: Congrats, now just do the exams and you're done :tongue:

Haha, I've got two essays to do over easter. One on childrens books and the other on Marquis de Sade. Tell me my degree isn't varied! All over 28th May... Then moving onto a new university ;D
Reply 4230
I will gross you out if it's the last thing I do!

Ah, the banter can get a bit too much sometimes, kick their shins!

Where will we escape to?:tongue:

Oh, I aim the bobbles at their faces :colone: Might need to use something sharper though.

Malaysia, then we can find out why they make their deserts green! (But really we should escape, even if its just as far as Europe :tongue:)
Haha, I've got two essays to do over easter. One on childrens books and the other on Marquis de Sade. Tell me my degree isn't varied! All over 28th May... Then moving onto a new university ;D

UEL right? Congrats again :biggrin:

I think once you're done, all the people from the original QMUL Chat will have graduated and finished with QM :o:
Original post by Nitzy
Oh, I aim the bobbles at their faces :colone: Might need to use something sharper though.

Malaysia, then we can find out why they make their deserts green! (But really we should escape, even if its just as far as Europe :tongue:)

The green desserts were a bit peculiar...and the explanation about them were even more strange! 'Some people make it differently:s' Hmph, my mum just got back from Paris yesterday, but I couldn't go with her, I do love that city in the sunshine!
Original post by Democracy
UEL right? Congrats again :biggrin:

I think once you're done, all the people from the original QMUL Chat will have graduated and finished with QM :o:

I'm thinking about going back for a particular PhD, I might stick in an application, but it doesn't really fit in with my 'plan'.
Eeeep no lectures for a year!
Original post by .Scout.
Eeeep no lectures for a year!

I don't get it.

Spoiler

Reply 4236
The green desserts were a bit peculiar...and the explanation about them were even more strange! 'Some people make it differently:s' Hmph, my mum just got back from Paris yesterday, but I couldn't go with her, I do love that city in the sunshine!

I know, she should have just said she didn't know. I would've accepted that answer! Actually, now I'm wondering why is biryani rice yellow...

Hmm, I actually want to go to Portugal, weather seems to be decent most of the time there.

Heh, I bought a playsuit for £12 when it was originally £50, and its nice that I can fit into extra small :colondollar:
Original post by Nitzy
I know, she should have just said she didn't know. I would've accepted that answer! Actually, now I'm wondering why is biryani rice yellow...

Hmm, I actually want to go to Portugal, weather seems to be decent most of the time there.

Heh, I bought a playsuit for £12 when it was originally £50, and its nice that I can fit into extra small :colondollar:

I'd imagine the yellow is due to turmeric and/or saffron. Bloodu turmeric, every time I make patties I have yellow fingers for an age.

I've not visited anywhere in Portugal as it happens, my dear other half keeps trying to prod me in that direction but we always end up going elsewhere.

I need to do some shopping, but then I should also save some money as I had actually planned to do this year. Eep, I think I'll use the excuse of not being in uniform anymore to treat myself.
Reply 4238
I'd imagine the yellow is due to turmeric and/or saffron. Bloodu turmeric, every time I make patties I have yellow fingers for an age.

I've not visited anywhere in Portugal as it happens, my dear other half keeps trying to prod me in that direction but we always end up going elsewhere.

I need to do some shopping, but then I should also save some money as I had actually planned to do this year. Eep, I think I'll use the excuse of not being in uniform anymore to treat myself.

I have no idea what my mum puts in :lol: might be the turmeric...

I should be saving too, really should open another account and just transfer the money there, and make sure its not easy to spend it! But I can help you shop :teeth:
Original post by Nitzy
I have no idea what my mum puts in :lol: might be the turmeric...

I should be saving too, really should open another account and just transfer the money there, and make sure its not easy to spend it! But I can help you shop :teeth:

Lol, you should so learn how to cook Indian food! Elsewise when people ask you you'll give explanations like Little Miss Green Dessert.

Hmm, I don't earn enough to be saving, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending