The Student Room Group

Brown Discharge on Cerazette

I went on Cerazette last year for about 6 months and in those 6 months I did not have one single period, I then took a break for a couple of months as I suffered with quite bad depression at the time and wondered if the pill might be causing it. My emotions didn't change so I went back on the pill and have been on it for about 2 months now, yesterday I noticed there was a small amount of brown discharge. It's a very little amount but enough for me to wear a light pad in the day - I don't generally get any at night, I was just wondering if there's any chance it might go soon as I've heard people say it goes after a couple of days and some people say they've had it for 3 months :L
Reply 1
If it helps it also strangely started after I had done quite a long workout the day before..
Reply 2
as long as you are not confusing your front bottom with your back bottom.....
Reply 3
I was on this for 3 months and had exactly the same problem, I had it everyday and it became a pain in the end so I stopped taking it
I had this for six months on cerazette - it's basically a very light period. With PoP everyone reacts differently, sometimes not having a period at all, sometimes having one constantly like you are now. It might pass as your hormones settle back down, but maybe not.
Reply 5
I wouldn't worry too much, I get this too, except rather than being constant it tends to be on and off, so I occasionally randomly stop getting it for a few days before it starts again. Although like you its very light, only having to sometimes wear a pad during the day and by the evening it is usually gone, which is good for me cause I find it doesn't really interfer with sex, as at night and when I first wake up there is usually little to none there and thats when I'm most likley to sleep with my boyfriend. :tongue:

I've only been on it for a month and a half though, so I can't say how long this will last for, but I'm aware it varies from person to person anyway.
Reply 6
I get this too. I never get an actual period on Cerazette, but I do get brown discharge at the time of the month when my period would be (although it is annoying because I seem to get this for two weeks rather than just a week, and I always break out in spots around this time too :colonhash:). It is old blood mixed in with vaginal discharge. It's basically just spotting but brown because the blood is old.

Quick Reply

Latest