The Student Room Group

Accomodation application

This probably varies for different colleges, but generally, when do people who have firmed Cambridge apply for accomodation? I would email the college but they are on easter break and I just want to know right now so I can get finance sorted out.

Thanks
Original post by roflcopter94
This probably varies for different colleges, but generally, when do people who have firmed Cambridge apply for accomodation? I would email the college but they are on easter break and I just want to know right now so I can get finance sorted out.

Thanks

It does vary by College - Clare, for one, did it in February when I applied. I'd recommend emailing the College: if they're on Easter break they'll just reply when they get back, so there's nothing to be lost by emailing them now :smile:

Congratulations on the offer, by the way!
Reply 2
Original post by roflcopter94

Thanks

The college will probably send you a form after results if you haven't already had one. They'll definitely make it clear if you need to do anything.
Some colleges will just randomly assign rooms, I assume, especially if you don't get a choice of room prices, so you may not have to do anything at all.

EDIT - even if the students are on Easter break the administrative staff probably aren't so feel free to email anyway. If they're away then they'll pick it up when they get back and you won't miss anything.
Reply 3
I got sent a form in the August before I started, after A-level results came out. I wouldn't worry about it, but send an email to the college if you're concerned, it'll take them 10 seconds to reply and I'm sure they won't mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending