The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gcayte
Sorry, I was on about the probability one, Im not sure of question numbers.
For the confidence interval did you do it in thousands? Because it was for wages? Can you remember what you kinda got? :colondollar:

And I agree.

Don't even ask :colondollar: I was far off... i got something that didn't even lie in the conference interval:frown:
Reply 101
Original post by coolcat2727
Don't even ask :colondollar: I was far off... i got something that didn't even lie in the conference interval:frown:

I got something quite bizarre, like the two values that you have to evaluate didn't lie near mine at all :redface:
Never mind....
Original post by Gcayte
I got something quite bizarre, like the two values that you have to evaluate didn't lie near mine at all :redface:
Never mind....

same.. the onlyy bit i found alright was q2) the one that you had to right if it was definitely impossible, most likely it is impossible etc etc... i no one of them was definately impossible because it was bigger than....
Reply 103
Original post by coolcat2727
same.. the onlyy bit i found alright was q2) the one that you had to right if it was definitely impossible, most likely it is impossible etc etc... i no one of them was definately impossible because it was bigger than....

yeah, the regression line question was alright for 5 marks.
I think there were a few normal distribution questions, just looking up in tables which weren't too bad either.
I really dont want to retake, I just dont know what grade Ill be happy with :redface:
Reply 104
I thought it was a alright paper apart from part b of the twin questin where they have another brother involved, but I could figure it out after making lots of calculations. loool and the petrol question with 1.34 pound for each litre, i think you have to times both means and s.d. of the petrol by the prize for each litre. well we will see anyway.
Reply 105
Did any of you get something like 0.9... for 6b) the the second part of the probability question?
Reply 106
Original post by Tempa
Did any of you get something like 0.9... for 6b) the the second part of the probability question?

:yes:
Reply 107
Anyone got the paper or remember the questions? I'll do a full mark scheme.
Original post by Gcayte
Sorry, I was on about the probability one, Im not sure of question numbers.
For the confidence interval did you do it in thousands? Because it was for wages? Can you remember what you kinda got? :colondollar:

And I agree.

I messed up on the last question. I did the whole thing in thousands. As a result I will probably lose all 11/14 marks because statistics is like that.. I will probably re sit because I want to aim for 100 UMS in it.
Original post by Sagacious
I messed up on the last question. I did the whole thing in thousands. As a result I will probably lose all 11/14 marks because statistics is like that.. I will probably re sit because I want to aim for 100 UMS in it.

I think they'll accept it in thousands, the question clearly stated 'in thousands'

They should give all the marks.
Original post by Last Chance
I think they'll accept it in thousands, the question clearly stated 'in thousands'

They should give all the marks.

I mean, I did the whole question in thousands... Therefore I got a different mean, standard deviation etc.. :/ Tbh, I'm going to re-sit it in the summer to see if I can score 95+ UMS :smile:

I appreciate your hopefulness though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by vedderfan94
Here:

Have you managed to produce a Mark scheme yet?

I'm sitting this exam in June so starting my revision now xD

Thanks.
Does anyone have a mark scheme for the 2012 paper yet?
plz can sum1 pass me the mark scheme of stats 1b jan 17th 2012. tanx. i have da qp
cud i also hav da mark scheme of pure core 2 jan 2012
Reply 115
Attached - my answers. Any errors (probably will be!!) please let me know.
Reply 116
And my answers for C2.
tanx but cud u find da examiners markscheme as well. thanx very much.
Reply 118
can't believe it.. i messed up on the last question of the paper and got a B :angry:.. other than that my paper in jan was good... resitting in june now
Reply 119
Original post by singh224
can't believe it.. i messed up on the last question of the paper and got a B :angry:.. other than that my paper in jan was good... resitting in june now

I messed up on 1 question too and got a B :redface: looking back it looks fairly straight forward which makes it worse, hopefully we can get an A this time! :smile:

Latest