The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We have to use Gibbs. There is a good understanding between the back four at the moment. After the Man city game, then swap with Santos as he can settle in against weaker opposition in Wigan and Wolves, We can then play him against Chelsea. The rest of the games depends on what you want (work-rate or attacking flair).

Can't wait for the match! Love Arsenal, COYG!
(edited 12 years ago)
It feels like there hasn't been a match for ages, COYG!!!

Won't be easy, but I reckon we could snatch a clean sheet and win.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
A non-Premier league game that was entertaining? That's not possible!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live bro?

West London now, usually on campus though :ninja:
Reply 7544
It's going to be a tough game today, I can easily see it fizzling out in a draw. We need out players to keep sharp in front of goal; I'd predict we'll have good attacking play in periods and spurts, but actual chances might be hard to come by.
Original post by In2deep
West London now, usually on campus though :ninja:

Oh, I thought you meant it was 5am in the morning wherever you was at the time of the Dortmund game. :colondollar:
Reply 7546
Original post by J.Star
Personally, if he is 100% match fit, then I'd rather see Santos.

Problem is that even if Santos is 100% match fit, he never looks it on the pitch.. :wink:
Santos is my favourite player I think. Was excellent pre-injury.
We haven't done the double over QPR since 1991. Stats doesn't tell the whole truth but hopefully no bad omens.
Original post by ak12
Problem is that even if Santos is 100% match fit, he never looks it on the pitch.. :wink:

Santos looks really fat. he needs to lose some of that weight so he can run faster.
Reply 7550

pass the ball to Van Persie, DENCH goal, oh lord have mercy

Lool, Frimpong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

edit: arsenal.com on twitter posted this line up, arsenal live (which is also official) has ramsey in the starting line up. don't know which to believe.

edit: it seems that ramsey is starting, arsenal.com got it wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Going with Koscielny I see. Risky but hey, I trust Wenger.
I like it, keeping it consistent there's no reason for change
It's in fact Ramsey that starts instead of Gervinho!

Mass Twitter confusion!
tbh, i don't agree with ramsey starting he is so wasteful. worse then gervinho when it comes to finishing.

but in Arsene we trust
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7556
Must win game!!!! COYG
Reply 7557
Rosicky on the left and Ramsey in the AM?
Original post by J.Star
Rosicky on the left and Ramsey in the AM?

I think it's the other way round, I remember Ramsey playing on the left recently so :dontknow:

Team to face QPR: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie.

Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

No problem with Ramsey starting for me. Guaranteed to cover Gibbs and allow us to dominate possession/midfield. Just hope his finishing is better.

Latest