The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nachtjenevel
Yep! I applied for diagnostic and therapeutic radiography. I'm kind of hoping for therapeutic, but I suppose what's for you won't pass you. :smile:

hey just wondering what score you got? ( if you want to share?)
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by lucyt246
Yeah i applied for both diagnostic and theraputic, i got 65 and a percentile of 86. Has anyone got any offers for radiograhy yet??

ive heard nothing yet anyway . . . . hate waiting
Reply 42
It's because the scores are scaled. If you have a narrow range of scores, say from 60 to 70, then if you scored a 70 you'd be in the 100th percentile and if you scored 60 you'd be at the zero end. Everyone who scored below 60 points would be disqualified automatically, and 60 would be the beginning of the scale and 70 would be the end, so there would be a 10 point spread. Just using that as an example. I scored 77 overall and I'm the 100th percentile, so it must have been quite a narrow spread.

Oh, I might be in with a slight chance, fingers crossed. Hope they let us know on Monday.:confused:
Reply 43
i got 60 with 65 percentile, applied for diagnostic radiography, with what people are saying doesnt look like i'll get an offer :frown:
Original post by Barney01
Hi I got a score of 60 and a percentile of 65, applied to O.T. and Speech Therapy, have no idea if I have any chance.

That's strange, I got a score of 66 and got a percentile of 85% big jump?
Reply 45
Original post by rebeccaIRE
hey just wondering what score you got? ( if you want to share?)

I got a 77 overall, 100th percentile. I was totally shocked this morning!
Reply 46
Original post by ch34
I did the Hpat this year and last year because I didnt get into the course I wanted, I got my hpat results on the 30th and UCAS came on the 31st last year, im assuming it's the same this year. The scores are so close together that its hard to tell if you'll get an offer or not, my friend got 2 marks more than me and got into physio but are percentages were 49% and 86%. Also last year someone got into radiography with 18% so im sure you will all be fine.

Was this diagonistic radiography because i got 21% (score 51) and i am dreading the rejection i will probably get but i wish they would put us out of are misery.

(sorry can't spell very well)
Reply 47
Hi guys,
I got my HPAT results today as well. I have applied for SLT and OT, the careers advisor in my college phoned up admissions in Jordanstown for me today to ask when the offers would be coming out. They said that the offers were all ready, and that they were due to go out today, but they department of Health hasn't told them how many places they are funding for each course and this is what has held the offers up. They said that as soon as they get word they will issue the offers, not sure when that will be though.
Reply 48
Original post by rosierua
Hi guys,
I got my HPAT results today as well. I have applied for SLT and OT, the careers advisor in my college phoned up admissions in Jordanstown for me today to ask when the offers would be coming out. They said that the offers were all ready, and that they were due to go out today, but they department of Health hasn't told them how many places they are funding for each course and this is what has held the offers up. They said that as soon as they get word they will issue the offers, not sure when that will be though.

Now *that* is the most useful information I've seen yet today! Thanks for posting that.
Reply 49
Now *that* is the most useful information I've seen yet today! Thanks for posting that.

No problem, I'd probably have been torturing myself like everyone else here has been if the careers department in my college weren't so helpful! Now I know all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and wait to see if I get any offers.
Reply 50
Any UUJ Physio applicants on here? Anyone hear anything?
Yeah I applied for physio in uuj and i havent heard yet hope they hurry up!
Reply 52
Original post by Rowinglegend
Yeah I applied for physio in uuj and i havent heard yet hope they hurry up!

Ye confident based on the hpat?
emm not too sure did alright gonna have to wait and see
Reply 54
yess i have also applied for physio have heard nothing back yet either :/
Anyone applied for podiatry? Does anyone know if you have to get a good score on hpat because mines was crop.
Reply 56
I applied for podiatry and physio, but didnt get in last year to physio and not very hopeful this year. The cut off marks are so close
Reply 57
Original post by ollscoilabu
I just got my results. They are awful even though it was a true guessing game in the hpat. But i got 47 over all but sitting on 8%. whats that all about? Somebody got 56 over all and are sitting on 55% wtf:s-smilie:

I got 56 in my hpat score but im sitting on 43%
Original post by ch34
I got 56 in my hpat score but im sitting on 43%

That's exactly the same overall and percentile I got lol got a decent mark for section 3, then a lower mark for section 1 and 2
Reply 59
does anyone know how much weighting is in the hpat? is it more important than personal statement and work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest