The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andriux
That's nice. About Hispanic Studies, didn't you have -when you applied- two versions of the same Programme? I found one for 4 years, and the other one for 5 years. But i don't know what's the difference, and on the website there's no informations about that. I mean, from what I know, the last year is a study abroad (in a hispanic country) year, but I think this applies to every "Hispanic Studies" Programme. Am I wrong? I applied for both of them, but I'm still wondering which should I reply to as firm.

For my joint honours I didn't get the choice in the different versions of the course...
But the year abroad should be the 4th year I think. Everyone I spoke to at various universities about their year abroad said how much they enjoyed it and how valuable they thought it was helping with their language skills. At the same time, I'm terrified and I'm not sure that I want to do it at all!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Does anyone know when we can apply for accommodations? Also what happens once you've firmed Aberdeen? :P
Original post by Silver Aurora
Does anyone know when we can apply for accommodations? Also what happens once you've firmed Aberdeen? :P

Once you have accepted an offer, you will receive an info pack. This can take a long time to arrive, sometimes not until June ish. Inside are details of how to apply for accomm.

The accomm portal doesn't open for a while yet, definitely after all the info packs are sent out. Aberdeen uni doesn't really do speed...of any kind :tongue:
Firmed Aberdeen today, will see some of you in September! :biggrin:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Once you have accepted an offer, you will receive an info pack. This can take a long time to arrive, sometimes not until June ish. Inside are details of how to apply for accomm.

The accomm portal doesn't open for a while yet, definitely after all the info packs are sent out. Aberdeen uni doesn't really do speed...of any kind :tongue:

I see, that's ages! Ah well haha, can't wait for Aberdeen! :biggrin:

Original post by atomos
Firmed Aberdeen today, will see some of you in September! :biggrin:

Woo nice one! :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by starxriddled
I've never been to Italy, but I think I'd be too distracted by how beautiful some of it is to study!

Aberystwyth has an alright reputation I suppose, it's not one of the best, but definitely not one of the worst I'd say, and it is a lovely place!

Where else did you apply to?

I also applied to Salford, Sunderland, Wolverhampton - their courses related to the film science were interesting and they had good equipment. I got conditionals to all of them... Right now I'm only sorry for my application to Wolverhampton, because there were some other, better universities, which I should have put on its place... But, whatever, I'm happy that I'm going to study at Aberdeen, bacause it was my first choice anyway :smile:.
Reply 586
Aberdeen seems to have become my top choice after getting an unconditional offer for Anthropology. The city looks lovely! Not sure if I'd like to do 4 years though compared to the 3 at other UK unis.
Original post by fbear
Aberdeen seems to have become my top choice after getting an unconditional offer for Anthropology. The city looks lovely! Not sure if I'd like to do 4 years though compared to the 3 at other UK unis.

At least Aberdeen will not charge you tuition fees on the extra year.
Reply 588
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
At least Aberdeen will not charge you tuition fees on the extra year.

Although I'll be an international student so I'm not sure that applies to us. Still very nice of them to do that for the rest of the UK.
Reply 589
Good luck! I hope to see you there :smile:

Cheers :smile: you too! I have now officially firmed Aberdeen :biggrin: meeting the Advanced Higher condition will be a struggle though as I have a fairly... em... useless English teacher. :frown:
Original post by Iliana
I also applied to Salford, Sunderland, Wolverhampton - their courses related to the film science were interesting and they had good equipment. I got conditionals to all of them... Right now I'm only sorry for my application to Wolverhampton, because there were some other, better universities, which I should have put on its place... But, whatever, I'm happy that I'm going to study at Aberdeen, bacause it was my first choice anyway :smile:.

Ahh well, at least you've chosen the right one :smile:
Original post by Lewis_Mac
Cheers :smile: you too! I have now officially firmed Aberdeen :biggrin: meeting the Advanced Higher condition will be a struggle though as I have a fairly... em... useless English teacher. :frown:

I am sure you'll be fine :smile:
I'm worried about meeting my grades as my offer is BBB and I think I'll get ABCC, so we'll see how they go about that...
Reply 592
Ahh well, at least you've chosen the right one :smile:

Thanks, I'm sure I did :smile:. The course contains everything I'm interested in. :smile:
Reply 593
Got an unconditional and just firmed Aberdeen uni :smile: I didn't visit the city, but from what I could gather on the internet, it seems like the perfect place to spend 4 years of my life.
Reply 594
Argh!!!! Stirling Aberdeen Dundee or Heriot-Watt!!!?!?

Economics btw^^
Reply 595
Just firmed my offer from Aberdeen for IR and Language & Linguistics, cant wait :biggrin:
Reply 596
Original post by Kost_119
Argh!!!! Stirling Aberdeen Dundee or Heriot-Watt!!!?!?

Economics btw^^

I'm still struggling between Aberdeen and Stirling too!!!
Reply 597
I am sure you'll be fine :smile:
I'm worried about meeting my grades as my offer is BBB and I think I'll get ABCC, so we'll see how they go about that...

Good luck! :smile: Are you doing Highers/AH's or A Levels?
Original post by Lewis_Mac
Good luck! :smile: Are you doing Highers/AH's or A Levels?

A Levels.
Reply 599
Original post by Alt__x
I'm still struggling between Aberdeen and Stirling too!!!

On one hand Stirling is soo close to everywhere (Edinburgh, Glasgow, ect) and also has a beautiful campus!!
On the other hand Aberdeen has an awesome reputation as a university, which also ranks in top 150 worldwide rankings!! But its so far away:frown:( I really dont know mate. For what course have you applied??

Quick Reply

Latest