The Student Room Group

Any current or past phlebotomists around?

Hey all,

So I'm currently in Year 13 and most likely going to be taking a gap year after receiving (essentially) 4 rejections for Medicine.

I've been looking on the NHS Jobs website for the past couple of days, and thought that becoming a phlebotomist for a year would be suitable - it would give me some good clinical experience, while getting paid, and not getting bored after 3 weeks of holiday (which is what usually happens to me :colondollar:) - given that I won't have any higher education qualifications.

So I've got just a few quick questions to ask you lovely people :colondollar::

What are the hours like?

How long is the on-job training - i.e. is there any point in me doing the job of a phlebotomist for a year or so, if I'm (hopefully) going to university in October?

Do you get a good exposure to people from a wide variety of backgrounds - possibly something I could write about in my Personal Statement for next year?

Thank you all in advance for your help! :smile:
Reply 1
Will +rep if it motivates you to reply :tongue:
Reply 2
No one? :sad:
This forum is dedicated mainly to retail and catering trades. You would be better off asking under health/nursing career section or in the medicine forums.
Reply 4
Original post by StarsAreFixed
This forum is dedicated mainly to retail and catering trades. You would be better off asking under health/nursing career section or in the medicine forums.

Ok, cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending