The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EIG
Where is it your going again ?? ive had an offer from coventry , but cant accept untill i have heard from northampton , dont want to withdraw just in case , although coventry is my first choice mmm il just have to be patient my offer from cov isnt going anywhere, i just want it all sorted :smile: roll on sept

Coventry, I was in the same situation, but always had Coventry as my 1st choice. Are you thinking that you'll put Northampton as insurance? Are you waiting for results?
Just declined brookes.. good luck to anyone still waiting to hear :smile:

Brighton - Firm
Portsmouth - Insurance.

Any others for brighton come join our facebook group!!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/380580715287117/

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear, hopefully the waiting is nearly over!!
Reply 2782
Original post by Anyastasia
Coventry, I was in the same situation, but always had Coventry as my 1st choice. Are you thinking that you'll put Northampton as insurance? Are you waiting for results?

yeah northampton as insurance if im successful , although i already have all my qualifications , just because on the coventry website it says access applicants dont need GCSEs separate but then the conditions state access diploma with Maths and english grade a - c GCSE equivalences ??? i only have grade d maths but think it should be included with my access course ?? think its me just being paranoid because i cant believe i actually got an offer il be happy when im sat at my desk in sept :smile:
Original post by Emily21
Hey, Does anyone know how many places Bournemouth and Plymouth have?

I think 32 and 50 respectively
Got a weird letter today from Hertfordshire. I applied to study there, and received an outright rejection a few weeks ago. However, today, I got a letter inviting me to interview! Checked UCAS track, and sure enough, that status has changed from an "Unsuccessful" to an "Invitation" (though it is odd that UCAS didn't contact me about that!)

Anyway, quite chuffed about that, as well as slightly taken aback!

:smile:
Reply 2785
Original post by Standby250

Those with offers, if you already know what your decisions are, please make them to give other people peace of mind. I'm sure we'd all really appreciate it!

I have to agree, the waiting list is my only chance now and I know people are starting to decline their places they dont want, but the comments about waiting until all universities get back to them make me very nervous. As if it wasnt bad enough waiting the first time round now I have to wait for a phone call that may never come.
Reply 2786
Original post by Clross
I have to agree, the waiting list is my only chance now and I know people are starting to decline their places they dont want, but the comments about waiting until all universities get back to them make me very nervous. As if it wasnt bad enough waiting the first time round now I have to wait for a phone call that may never come.

ucas doesnt allow you to accept an offer until you have heard from all universities unless you withdraw your other applications which not everybody wants to do as some want an insurance choice incase they dont meet conditions of the first choice ,
Reply 2787
Anyone at UClan yesterday how did you feel it went? Thought it went really well, staff are lovely, good facilities and the bursary :biggrin: what more could you ask for?!
Original post by EIG
yeah northampton as insurance if im successful , although i already have all my qualifications , just because on the coventry website it says access applicants dont need GCSEs separate but then the conditions state access diploma with Maths and english grade a - c GCSE equivalences ??? i only have grade d maths but think it should be included with my access course ?? think its me just being paranoid because i cant believe i actually got an offer il be happy when im sat at my desk in sept :smile:

equivalents to GCSE at grades A*-C generally means a level 2 qualification, a lot of access courses include these if you haven't already got the GCSEs - have you done any numeracy stuff as part of your access ?
Reply 2789
Original post by zippyRN
equivalents to GCSE at grades A*-C generally means a level 2 qualification, a lot of access courses include these if you haven't already got the GCSEs - have you done any numeracy stuff as part of your access ?

thanks , for the info I did level 2 numeracy and level 1 and 2 national test so happy days
Original post by f0rbesy
Anyone at UClan yesterday how did you feel it went? Thought it went really well, staff are lovely, good facilities and the bursary :biggrin: what more could you ask for?!

I thought it went really well too! the staff were really friendly especially in the interview, made you feel really relaxed :smile: which one were you?
has anyone found any useful funding solutions for people who cant get student loans?
Any one heard anything back from JMU post interview?? the wait is killing me!!!
Original post by rachael22
Any one heard anything back from JMU post interview?? the wait is killing me!!!

Nothing here. Pretty sure they said beginning of April but it's Easter now so might not hear until after the holidays- unless someone else knows any different.
Reply 2794
I didn't think that administration staff took the easter holidays, I thought they just did shorter days? Unless someone knows different.
Reply 2795
I suspect the admin team just has the bank holidays off. I.e. Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday?

This is only a guess though! - Don't take my word for it.
They definately said the beginning of April. I really want LJMU too so i'm going to be a nervous wreck this week!!
Reply 2797
Original post by dashton23
has anyone found any useful funding solutions for people who cant get student loans?

Same situation as will be a second degree, I am getting a career development loan (interest paid by government for two years) and funding the rest myself... gonna be in debt but hopefully worth it.
Got a double wammy on Thursday UCLAN fitness test @9am :O however LJMU have given me an interview for 1pm. Both universities were if you cannot attend we cannot change the date (very cooperative I know). If i fail my UCLAN fitness test in the morning I can get to LJMU for 1pm but if I pass it, I'm going to have to do the UCLAN interview and phone LJMU and beg them for another date. Anyone else in the same boat :frown:
Reply 2799
Original post by hollyfb
Same situation as will be a second degree, I am getting a career development loan (interest paid by government for two years) and funding the rest myself... gonna be in debt but hopefully worth it.

I'm in exactly the same situation but I found it wasnt funding the degree that is the problem so much as funding myself while i'm on it. Since you cant really work while on the course.

Latest