The Student Room Group

The 2012 STEP Results Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dog4444
Right, you don't need to put STEPs as pending, applying to Warwick/Cambridge either?

Nope, I didn't :smile:
Original post by Dog4444
Right, you don't need to put STEPs as pending, applying to Warwick/Cambridge either?

I didn't
Original post by Dog4444

And me neither :smile:
Original post by Xero Xenith
Check the first post - there's a list. Basically, yes :smile:

Wow you sure have kept that post updated! That should be saved for posterity (or rather, until next year when the rest of us are too lazy to make another one)
Reply 1384
Original post by deejayy
Imperial, i really want to go there. I'm considering firming it.

Go for Imp as Firm/Insurance. You are taking a gap year right? You can always reapply with next year if exams don't go to plan.

I think a 2 is easily possible with practice. Even a bad day should not make it impossible.
STEP I 1992, Q2. It's not in the 'style' of a modern day STEP question, but what a fun problem! (why did I ever think doing STEP was a bad idea...)
Original post by shamika
Wow you sure have kept that post updated! That should be saved for posterity (or rather, until next year when the rest of us are too lazy to make another one)

That's one of the reasons I made it... I couldn't see any good "all in one place" STEP dealies around. So now there's at least a decent start, hopefully :smile:

Though I'm worried about the effects on this year's grade boundaries... :tongue:
Original post by shamika
STEP I 1992, Q2. It's not in the 'style' of a modern day STEP question, but what a fun problem! (why did I ever think doing STEP was a bad idea...)

Great question :smile:

And that's also a nice paper! A few questions possible with GCSE knowledge too... might recommend some questions from it to some Y11/Y10s :smile:
Reply 1388
Does anyone know what bus/buses I need to catch to get from Cambridge Train Station to Churchill College?
Original post by fruktas
Does anyone know what bus/buses I need to catch to get from Cambridge Train Station to Churchill College?

Ask the bus driver of any bus and he/she should be able to tell you which stop to get off and direct you thereafter; that's my plan anyway :tongue:. What time are you planning to reach the station?
Original post by fruktas

I need to search that :tongue:....heck I havent even booked a ticket which shouldn't be a problem still as there are plenty of trains to catch from Kings cross :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
I need to search that :tongue:....heck I havent even booked a ticket which shouldn't be a problem still as there are plenty of trains to catch from Kings cross :colone:

What time are you planning to leave king's cross?
Reply 1392
Original post by safmaster
Ask the bus driver of any bus and he/she should be able to tell you which stop to get off and direct you thereafter; that's my plan anyway :tongue:. What time are you planning to reach the station?

I think about 12/12:30 in cambridge, since I don't want to stand there waiting!

And that's also a nice paper! A few questions possible with GCSE knowledge too... might recommend some questions from it to some Y11/Y10s :smile:

Remember that a calculator was allowed, which makes Q1 less tedious! (Or, perhaps more tedious, if someone...

Spoiler

Q5 is also rendered simple, because

Spoiler

I need to stop doing STEP instead of my far more tedious and boring studies :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
What time are you planning to leave king's cross?

havent really decided on a time.....i just hope im on time at Chruchill college :tongue:

you leaving at kings cross as well?
Original post by Rahul.S
havent really decided on a time.....i just hope im on time at Chruchill college :tongue:

you leaving at kings cross as well?

Yeah... planning to leave kings cross at 11:15 given that the train to Cambridge station takes about an hour.

I am in year 11 and want to do STEP in hope of going to Cambridge/Warwick or others, so could you please tell me ta few STEP questions that appear to be of GCSE ability. I know C1 and C2 as well, and have done S1; so slightly advanced stuff wouldn't be a problem. Also, I know about modular arithmetic since I learnt it when doing the Intermediate Maths mentoring scheme, so of you could highlight any questions at my ability I would be very grateful.
Yeah... planning to leave kings cross at 11:15 given that the train to Cambridge station takes about an hour.

umm it takes me around 40 mins to get to Kings cross......Im guessing there is a train leaving around 11:15...I will reach Kings cross around 10:45 just in case......if you happen to see a moist gasst yout around that time with a case....you know its me :colone:
Original post by GreenLantern1
I am in year 11 and want to do STEP in hope of going to Cambridge/Warwick or others, so could you please tell me ta few STEP questions that appear to be of GCSE ability. I know C1 and C2 as well, and have done S1; so slightly advanced stuff wouldn't be a problem. Also, I know about modular arithmetic since I learnt it when doing the Intermediate Maths mentoring scheme, so of you could highlight any questions at my ability I would be very grateful.

Check out the 1992 STEP 1 paper, and see how many of those you can do. If you are on the mentoring scheme, perhaps we can expect big things from you :smile:

EDIT: Immediately after I made the post, I realised that could be misconstrued as pressuring. If its your first time doing STEP, it might take a while to get used to the style. I wouldn't worry about doing it in the time limit - just pick out questions that take your fancy and see how you get on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rahul.S
umm it takes me around 40 mins to get to Kings cross......Im guessing there is a train leaving around 11:15...I will reach Kings cross around 10:45 just in case......if you happen to see a moist gasst yout around that time with a case....you know its me :colone:

Yeah, there should be a train leaving at 11:15. I'll be there around 11ish so I'll keep an eye out for you :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending