The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire new university!!

ne1 applying there?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I've got a conditional offer for Music Management & Artist Development, but it's my 4th choice!
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
I've got my offer today for Music Management only, even though I am pretty sure I applied for Live Events too :/ dont know what to do, I will probably have to write an email or something to ask them

But this could probably be my second choice as I heard they do also postgraduate for Music Management
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Yep ive accepted them as my firm to study event and festival management :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by xtinalouise
Yeah I've got a conditional offer for Music Management & Artist Development, but it's my 4th choice!

really? (smile slowly fades..) lol whats ur first choice? have u bn to visit bucks (must admit ive never bn there :biggrin:)
Reply 5
Original post by ivka
I've got my offer today for Music Management only, even though I am pretty sure I applied for Live Events too :/ dont know what to do, I will probably have to write an email or something to ask them

But this could probably be my second choice as I heard they do also postgraduate for Music Management

arrhhh.. kool! another music management? i had the same prob.. i applied for creative advertising n advertising management and digital communications.. n i got the creative adv first.. but they didnt respond to the other.. so i cancelled my choice 4 creative adv.. n THE NEXT DAAAY! i got a reply 4 adv management.. so im not sure if that was a co-incidence or just pure unluckiness! so yer.. they do take a while to respond.. but call them if ur worried..
Original post by samsamsami
really? (smile slowly fades..) lol whats ur first choice? have u bn to visit bucks (must admit ive never bn there :biggrin:)

1st choice - LIPA (Unsuccessful)
2nd choice - Leeds Met (Unsuccessful)
3rd choice - Manchester Met (Don't really like the course & uni to be honest!)
4th choice - Bucks New (Too far from home)
5th choice - Bournemouth (Wrong course for me & too far again!)

Everythings gone down the ****ter now, so I might actually re-apply for 2013..although I don't know how to occupy myself til then! I've never been to bucks, I think it's a short distance away from London which is handy, and Bucks New is meant to be a very good university, especially for music! xx
Reply 7
Original post by xtinalouise
1st choice - LIPA (Unsuccessful)
2nd choice - Leeds Met (Unsuccessful)
3rd choice - Manchester Met (Don't really like the course & uni to be honest!)
4th choice - Bucks New (Too far from home)
5th choice - Bournemouth (Wrong course for me & too far again!)

Everythings gone down the ****ter now, so I might actually re-apply for 2013..although I don't know how to occupy myself til then! I've never been to bucks, I think it's a short distance away from London which is handy, and Bucks New is meant to be a very good university, especially for music! xx

oh WOOOW! lol thats bad.. if it helps.. i know the feeling.. ive only been excepted to 2 out of my five! n there both conditional! one i HATE!! (slight exaggeration) n the other (bucks) wants s**t loads of points so im basically f***d.. might have to join u on the re-applying thing.. lol but like u said.. "occupying yourself" is something that's virtually impossible or at most a rare occurrence for me lol- good luck btw!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Im going to bucks :smile: got a conditional offer for audio and music production :smile: oh and to you guys that are asking what its like the facilities are amazing their studios are industry standard if not better and by the looks most of you are doing creative like things so your be in the gateway. Have a look on their webby they got a virtual tour.
Reply 9
Original post by Pananda
Im going to bucks :smile: got a conditional offer for audio and music production :smile: oh and to you guys that are asking what its like the facilities are amazing their studios are industry standard if not better and by the looks most of you are doing creative like things so your be in the gateway. Have a look on their webby they got a virtual tour.

kool! yer ive seen there virtual tour! the whole university looks sweet!! hope i get the grades.. reeeally wanna go there... worryingly though... only students doing some sort of music are going there.. i'm doing advertising! might have to do further research!
Reply 10
Original post by cuddles050
Yep ive accepted them as my firm to study event and festival management :biggrin:

kool, so hopefully i'll be seeing you there :biggrin: did they send you a Bucks Personal ID by any chance.. (when u accepted there offer)
Reply 11
i firmed them for Music Management & Studio Production (:
Reply 12
Original post by lizaaaa
i firmed them for Music Management & Studio Production (:

another music management & studio!! lol looks like im the only advertising student them ey? nice choice newayz.. hopefully ill see yah there :wink:
Reply 13
Heya, I'm starting in September and doing psychology ... Has anyone heard about residence of halls yet? X
Reply 14
Original post by Katy147x
Heya, I'm starting in September and doing psychology ... Has anyone heard about residence of halls yet? X

i asked the other day about halls and they said they're sending stuff out end of april/start of may time :smile:

just firmly accepted my offer for music and live events management :biggrin:
Reply 15
I've accepted a place for pg dip nursing at their uxbridge campus! Has anyone else firmed nursing for here?
Reply 16
Original post by Becs261093
i asked the other day about halls and they said they're sending stuff out end of april/start of may time :smile:

just firmly accepted my offer for music and live events management :biggrin:

I applied for music and live events management too, I have it on my ucas welcome letter, however I got offer for music management only. Do you know what could that mean? can they change it like that?
Reply 17
Hiya, I am starting at bucks new uni in sept. I am doing the adult nursing degree at Uxbridge. Anyone else doing nursing?.
Reply 18
How long it take u to hear ?? had interview on wed and waiting to hear. loved the uni so really hoping for a place . applied for bsc child nursing x x
Reply 19
Original post by nlb112
How long it take u to hear ?? had interview on wed and waiting to hear. loved the uni so really hoping for a place . applied for bsc child nursing x x

Hi, I had an offer within two weeks from my interview. I'm sure you will hear soon. Have you applied for sept intake?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending