The Student Room Group

India is about to hang someone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by f1mad
Come on, this is simply a case of De jure and De facto.

Even still: quite clearly Sikhs are discriminated upon the fact that their marriage is recognised under "Hindu law".

it took bluestar, woodrose, genocide, ethnic cleansing, and all we got was fu%%%%%% rajiv longwal accord forget this india
Reply 241
Original post by f1mad
Come on, this is simply a case of De jure and De facto.

Sikhs in theory are given rights. But in practice, really? We can easily relate this situation with the struggle for African American civil rights.

Even still: quite clearly Sikhs are discriminated upon the fact that their marriage is recognised under "Hindu law".

Original post by okapobcfc08
lol baba rajoana showed it didnt he that no Sikhs get jack from dirty indian consitution do you agree that he deserves not to be hanged now after this mini history replay lol?

Like I said I don't know whether the constitution is implemented fairly, having never lived in India, but it has been amended to include Sikhs on a par with Hindus.

Should the Hindus who committed crimes have been let off? No. But that doesn't mean that Sikhs who committed crimes should also be let off. I agree it's unfair, but then it is the job of those who feel wronged to petition their government for fairness, and I believe that fairness should come in the form of those who committed crimes from both sides being brought to justice.
Reply 242
Original post by James82

Should the Hindus who committed crimes have been let off? No. But that doesn't mean that Sikhs who committed crimes should also be let off.

We're not arguing for "let off:undefined:".

We want equality in the justice system.

Also there have been MANY petitions over the years; they have achieved nothing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by James82
Like I said I don't know whether the constitution is implemented fairly, having never lived in India, but it has been amended to include Sikhs on a par with Hindus.

Should the Hindus who committed crimes have been let off? No. But that doesn't mean that Sikhs who committed crimes should also be let off. I agree it's unfair, but then it is the job of those who feel wronged to petition their government for fairness, and I believe that fairness should come in the form of those who committed crimes from both sides being brought to justice.

17 years in jail and then they want to hang him, what justice is that, if your gonna sentance baba rajoana do it one way not 2 3 4 or 5 ways?
Reply 244
Original post by f1mad
We're not arguing for "let off:undefined:".

We want equality in the justice system.

Then you won't mind that justice is served on Babba Rajoana for his part in the murder of 18 people.

Original post by f1mad
Also there have been MANY petitions over the years; they have achieved nothing.

Then people need to keep petitioning and protesting until they are heard, or form a peaceful rebellion against the government. Martin Luther King didn't give up after a couple of speeches, the suffragettes didn't get removed from railings a few times and go and hide back in the kitchen.
Reply 245
17 years in jail and then they want to hang him, what justice is that, if your gonna sentance baba rajoana do it one way not 2 3 4 or 5 ways?

How many times has he been sentenced, I was under the impression this was the first time?
Original post by James82
How many times has he been sentenced, I was under the impression this was the first time?

what i mean was the way they treat Baba Rajoana first they say death sentance, then they let him sit there for 17 years, suddenly they go lets hang him, then they say we'll put it off now f knows what theyll do. Baba Rajoana's fellow matrys are all life imprisonment why as Baba Rajoana got the death sentance when all he did was conspire. If your going to punish him, do it straight and truthfully, but thats asking a bit much of dodgy fake judicial system
Reply 247
Original post by James82
Then you won't mind that justice is served on Babba Rajoana for his part in the murder of 18 people.

We've already discussed this. You're going round in circles

Then people need to keep petitioning and protesting until they are heard, or form a peaceful rebellion against the government. Martin Luther King didn't give up after a couple of speeches, the suffragettes didn't get removed from railings a few times and go and hide back in the kitchen.

That's easier said than done. However, the world-media storm is certainly helping the Sikh cause (positively). Although internally, I bet people are being fed BS lies.
Did anybody go to Westminister? I wish I had read this earlier, I would have gone :frown:
Reply 250
Original post by -Someone-Like-You-
Did anybody go to Westminister? I wish I had read this earlier, I would have gone :frown:

Yes, turnout was amazing in the thousands, its disgusting that this was not reported in any western media. Its funny because the other day I saw bbc news covering some protest for an issue I can't remember which had what looked like a mere 30 people at most outside parliament. The Sikh vigil for rajoana had 1000s of sikhs attending. there is clearly a massive cover up happening.

Here is a video showing highlights from the vigil:

Reply 251
well, the soldiers who killed bin laden were rewarded with medals. rajoana killed a man who killed far more people than bin laden. and he's served 17years compared to hindu prisoners like kishori lal who killed sikhs in dehli in the 1984 anti-sikh riots he's going to get out of jail soon and not even servehis full sentance! sikhs haven't had any justice for what happened in india. sajan kumar and jagdish tytler were amongst the rioters in the anti-sikh riots these people haven't been sentanced but been given promotions in the indian parliament. i think if they won't hang murderers like sajjan kumar and jagdish tytler then rajoana shouldn't. should be the same rules for all people.
Reply 252
Original post by 12e80

should be the same rules for all people.

Exactly :yy:.
Original post by Rajoana
The Sikh vigil for rajoana had 1000s of sikhs attending. there is clearly a massive cover up happening.

Oh please; what complete and utter nonsense :rolleyes:

The protest had at most, a hundred or more people, certainly not "thousands". Unless you can verify this independently? No, thought so. Secondly, the media has better things to than engage in a "massive cover-up" of Rojoana; a guy that not many even know or would care about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MirandaPanda
O

The protest had at most, a hundred or more people, certainly not "thousands".

a bit of sillyness there, yes i agree maybe not 1000+ but if go to 36 mins of the video, i see 100 people easily in the back of the video there were probably 2 or 3 times more people there so dont correct others when you are wrong yourself
a bit of sillyness there, yes i agree maybe not 1000+ but if go to 36 mins of the video, i see 100 people easily in the back of the video there were probably 2 or 3 times more people there so dont correct others when you are wrong yourself

I said a hundred plus (so in other words, a minimum of a hundred and likely not more so than a few hundred); NOWHERE NEAR the ridiculous thousand plus figure stated. Ergo, I'm not wrong in my view, and certainly less so wrong than the OP. Oh and its nice that you refer to the blatant miscalculating of these figures, to portray a false image of the protest, as just "a bit of silliness (or rather sillyness)" :rolleyes:
I said a hundred plus (so in other words, a minimum of a hundred and likely not more so than a few hundred); NOWHERE NEAR the ridiculous thousand plus figure stated. Ergo, I'm not wrong in my view, and certainly less so wrong than the OP. Oh and its nice that you refer to the blatant miscalculating of these figures, to portray a false image of the protest, as just "a bit of silliness (or rather sillyness)" :rolleyes:

tbf looking at it again 1,000 is a fair estimate so you are wrong. Nice to see how you edited your previous post and took out "not all sikhs support baba rajoana"
tbf looking at it again 1,000 is a fair estimate so you are wrong.

Oh please; so your eyes have suddenly changed from seeing "a few hundred people" to now "a thousand people"; you're a joke :facepalm:

Also, if you cannot independently verify the figure of 1000+ - as believe it or not, your eyes are not a independent verifier LOL - you're talking nonsense.

Nice to see how you edited your previous post and took out "not all sikhs support baba rajoana"

I never said "not all sikhs support baba rajoana", so can it with the lies, yet again. However since you mentioned, obviously not all Sikhs do support Rajoana.
Reply 258
I said a hundred plus (so in other words, a minimum of a hundred and likely not more so than a few hundred)

Oh what a great estimate.

No **** sherlock.

Do you know of the actual attendance? Do you know whether or not 1000+ were there?

If not (which I doubt you do), stop attacking other posters.
Reply 259
Original post by f1mad
Oh what a great estimate.

No **** sherlock.

She seems to be miles away from the point, and is instead caught up in a life long search for the correct statistic of Sikh protest attendance, lol.

Quick Reply