The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cloop
Results went completely tits up for us yesterday.. I was so confident as well. However, the faith is there! I still believe we will go up automatically..

Your run in is a lot harder than ours IMO so I am still fairly optimistic! :biggrin:
OG scores for us again:biggrin: jumping between 4th and 8th at the moment. tbh not sure I could deal with playoffs/wembley again
Just retire already Kevin Phillips, hang up your bloody zimmer-frame.

8 points off the play-offs with 9 games left to play, think it's over now in terms of promotion.
Back on track for Sheffield Wednesday after they had a disappointing draw against Walsall last Tuesday, guessing the blades play Monday or something.
Congrats to Chesterfield!
Original post by Rock Fan
Back on track for Sheffield Wednesday after they had a disappointing draw against Walsall last Tuesday, guessing the blades play Monday or something.

Chesterfield at home Wednesday night! Due to them being in the paint trophy final last weekend! Must win game.
A nice 4-1 win last night to move into second place again. We have now scored 77 goals which is the highest in the top 4 leagues in England and third highest in Europe behind Real Madrid and Barca. :biggrin:
Not looking good for Barnet, they are slipping down the table.
Reply 6888
Original post by ipswichblade
A nice 4-1 win last night to move into second place again. We have now scored 77 goals which is the highest in the top 4 leagues in England and third highest in Europe behind Real Madrid and Barca. :biggrin:

You know, I have a REALLY nasty feeling that second place will go down to goal difference.. And we are ****ed
Reply 6889
I'm 99% certain we'll be in League One next year. It could be a rubbish southern league next season too because:

- Portsmouth and Bristol C will probably join us.
- Two from Huddersfield and both Deedar clubs may go up.
- Chesterfield and Rochdale look certain to go.
- Bury or Walsall may join them.
- Coming up from League Two, take your pick, 4 from: Swindon, Shrewsbury, creepy Crawley, Torquay, Oxford, Southend and Cheltenham.

At least we'll still have the big derby with Scunny.
Forest are hitting decent form at the right time (I'm glad to say). I've worried alot this season (I wrote our season off the moment McClaren took over), but I think we look almost safe. Two more wins should see us fine.

Stunned that Coventry are also looking like they'll survive. Donny and Portsmouth are certainties for the drop now, and ever since January I've felt that Bristol City would go down without their goalscorer (Maynard).
Original post by DJB_1990
I'm 99% certain we'll be in League One next year. It could be a rubbish southern league next season too because:

- Coming up from League Two, take your pick, 4 from: Swindon, Shrewsbury, creepy Crawley, Torquay, Oxford, Southend and Cheltenham.

Yeah I think you guys don't stand a chance any more.

Sorry :colondollar:
Reply 6892
Original post by DJB_1990

I blame the lack of Spurr <3
Original post by cloop
You know, I have a REALLY nasty feeling that second place will go down to goal difference.. And we are ****ed

Maybe. Going to be loads of ups and downs for all involved though. :colondollar:
Reply 6894
Original post by cloop
I blame the lack of Spurr <3

Been one of our best players this season has Tommy, and he's been injured for most of it.
Buzzing for the skates this sat. Can't wait to send them further into the abyss the dirty cheating *****. On the piss from 9am, going to be an incredible day. Biggest derby in almost 30 years.
Reply 6896
Original post by Super_Hans
Buzzing for the skates this sat. Can't wait to send them further into the abyss the dirty cheating *****. On the piss from 9am, going to be an incredible day. Biggest derby in almost 30 years.

I am quite scared for if the Saints don't win.. Maybe see you there!
Original post by cloop
I am quite scared for if the Saints don't win.. Maybe see you there!

Im nervous but also buzzing for it! Am planning on doing a match report for Sotontab but will be absolutely smashed come kick off so remembering it all may prove difficult....
Reply 6898
Original post by Super_Hans
Im nervous but also buzzing for it! Am planning on doing a match report for Sotontab but will be absolutely smashed come kick off so remembering it all may prove difficult....

Wait, you write for SotonTab? I never knew haha
Can see pompey winning to be honest. There has to be one redeeming moment in their turd season hasn't there?