The Student Room Group

HELP- applied for 2013, but now going in 2012. What should I do about UCAS?

OK so my gap year plans have fallen through and I want to firm my choice for Notts ( Who have kindly agreed to take me this year) but the deferred entry on my UCAS won't change for another 7 days roughly.
If I firm the offer now, with 2013 entry written on UCAS, can it still be changed? Or do I have to wait for it all to go through before I can firm? :confused:
I really want to get it done because I need to apply for my accommodation before all the good rooms go!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!:afraid:
Reply 1
Original post by vox001
OK so my gap year plans have fallen through and I want to firm my choice for Notts ( Who have kindly agreed to take me this year) but the deferred entry on my UCAS won't change for another 7 days roughly.
If I firm the offer now, with 2013 entry written on UCAS, can it still be changed? Or do I have to wait for it all to go through before I can firm? :confused:
I really want to get it done because I need to apply for my accommodation before all the good rooms go!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!:afraid:

Are you sure that is how the notts accommodation works? I would say just double-check that first to make sure. I believe that for most uni's, if you apply for accommodation right now, or apply next week, it won't make a difference as there's not a first come first served basis this early, but I might be wrong.
Reply 2
The halls are allocated randomly but the room types are first come first served. I want a large single study and unfortunately I think they're the most popular.

Oh well I guess I get what I get.

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 3
You can do whatever you like with UCAS. They can change it before or after you accept the offer. If you're absolutely convinced that this is what you want and that your offer will be changed, do it now. If you have any doubts don't let the accommodation thing sway you.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
You can do whatever you like with UCAS. They can change it before or after you accept the offer. If you're absolutely convinced that this is what you want and that your offer will be changed, do it now. If you have any doubts don't let the accommodation thing sway you.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending