The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Your Subcard is your best friend
Reply 1421
When you get small discounts at places that take cash/change only by playing the 'that's all the money I've got' card.

And also when one of the most appealing things about going back home is being able feast like a sumo wrestler when you arrive.
(edited 11 years ago)
When after writing one sentence of your essay you think you deserve a break.
Original post by tillytots
Your cheap food concuctions at uni don't taste as amazing when you're home. Same goes for the 20p bourbons whuch you thought tasted wonderful.

Lol :biggrin:, i was telling my mum about tesco value bbaked beans tasting good, she said that she didnt like my cheap lifestyle :tongue:
Reply 1424
Looking at the reduced sections first before doing a full shop
you go on a shop with your mum, for the first time in ages, because she will buy stuff and you wont have to... :P
the university finds new ways to screw you over...

seriously my only free period today and some work wanted to fix the door to the corridor for 45mins....

Not only did I have test to revise for, but I have to sort my room out as its the last day!!!!

why fix it today, why not tommorow when most it not all of us are gone?

rant over
Reply 1427
when your falling asleep in the lecture as they are just reading off the powerpoint which I can do at home
Reply 1428
Original post by stubear
the university finds new ways to screw you over...

seriously my only free period today and some work wanted to fix the door to the corridor for 45mins....

Not only did I have test to revise for, but I have to sort my room out as its the last day!!!!

why fix it today, why not tommorow when most it not all of us are gone?

rant over

Cos they want a day off too? :P
You complain when your lecturers just read off their powerpoints.

But you also complain when they don't have them,so you actually have to pay attention :tongue:
You forget your usb drive which has extra cirruclar material on, and winds up in lost property lol
Reply 1431
When writing your essay seems so hopeless that you contemplate using the 'a picture is worth a thousand words' route and submitting a few comical images instead...

...this £3,000 a year thing is definitely not wasted on me.
Reply 1432
Original post by tillytots
You complain when your lecturers just read off their powerpoints.

But you also complain when they don't have them,so you actually have to pay attention :tongue:

I find the best lecturers are those that expand on the stuff that is said in powerpoints.
Original post by No Man
I find the best lecturers are those that expand on the stuff that is said in powerpoints.
As it should be :smile: It's only when they speak too fast for you to put the extra stuff down that it's a problem, and then only put the slides up online (and not their notes)...
There's the whole complaining about how skint you are then next minute planning your next night out...
Original post by ily_em
Cos they want a day off too? :P

true, but when you only got a hour free to revise for a test (material was in my room) and clean your room to leave and finish packing you don't give a **** about them
Reply 1436
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
There's the whole complaining about how skint you are then next minute planning your next night out...

People like this really really piss me off. My brother can't even afford food but he is planning his holiday to Ibiza. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
When you only see your family if you need something!
Original post by LettersFromTheSky

Lol, yesterday in the shop I spent a good 5 minutes figuring the way to get the most energy for least money for lunch. At the till I asked for 20 quid cashback....which has now mysteriously vanished.
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Lol, yesterday in the shop I spent a good 5 minutes figuring the way to get the most energy for least money for lunch. At the till I asked for 20 quid cashback....which has now mysteriously vanished.

Haha, I pretty much do the same :colondollar:, it really gets on some peoples nerves though!

Quick Reply

Latest