The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5840
PaydayPaydayPaydayPaydayPayday (plus the bonus)! :biggrin:
I've given my manager my email address so she can register me to be able to apply the discount whilst shopping on John Lewis online, but it's not working at the moment. Does it take a while to activate or something?
Reply 5842
Original post by itsmyname
I've given my manager my email address so she can register me to be able to apply the discount whilst shopping on John Lewis online, but it's not working at the moment. Does it take a while to activate or something?

Up to 2 weeks...
Original post by Lucy King
Up to 2 weeks...

Thanks. It got done yesterday just checked.... Well chuffed :colondollar:

Do you know if we're allowed to return things bought from John Lewis instore, after it was bought with the partner discount?
Reply 5844
Original post by moregano
We signed contracts and filled in other paperwork, we were told about our training and got a USB stick with training stuff to complete at home, and confirmed our business dress sizes. :smile:

How's the job going Moregano?

I still keep an eye out for JLP jobs but never see any suitable :frown:
Reply 5845
Thanks. It got done yesterday just checked.... Well chuffed :colondollar:

Do you know if we're allowed to return things bought from John Lewis instore, after it was bought with the partner discount?

Yes you can return stuff to a John Lewis store the delivery note shows you have discount.
Reply 5846
How do I get festival tickets subsidised? I bought my reading ticket today and just wandering.
Reply 5847
How do you apply for a job if you're U18, can't seem to work the website
Reply 5848
I recently had a group interview for supermarket assistant at gerrards cross. What happens next if I get through this stage? I said quite a bit in the interview so what are the chances of me getting further?
Reply 5849
Original post by Yeezy2k
How do you apply for a job if you're U18, can't seem to work the website
What issues are you having with it? I was 17 when I applied for my job and I didn't have any problems with age. :smile:
(Also, just out of curiosity, which store are you applying for?)
How do I get discount on Vue Cinema tickets? Do I just show the people at vue my discount card?
How do I get discount on Vue Cinema tickets? Do I just show the people at vue my discount card?

On Partner Connect it says about getting Vue Movie Money tickets, 'Contact your Leisure Benefits Coordinator or Waitrose Branch Social Club Secretary who may keep a supply of tickets.'

I doubt that was helpful lol :confused:
Original post by Elvendork
On Partner Connect it says about getting Vue Movie Money tickets, 'Contact your Leisure Benefits Coordinator or Waitrose Branch Social Club Secretary who may keep a supply of tickets.'

I doubt that was helpful lol :confused:

Yeah I saw that Lol, I don't even know who that is in my branch
i recently aplied for an 8hour/week job as supermarket assitant - part time

on my application i jsut realised i accidently put temporary instead of permanent

will this affect my chances of success? :s-smilie:
Original post by mandem2k11
i recently aplied for an 8hour/week job as supermarket assitant - part time

on my application i jsut realised i accidently put temporary instead of permanent

will this affect my chances of success? :s-smilie:

I think all staff (non-management) are taken on as temps now for 13 weeks, then its new temp contract, no job, or perm contract.

This seems to be the way with the majority of retail jobs at the moment, or at least that's my experience.

Good luck, I don't think it'll make any difference to how your application is viewed by personnel. :smile:
Original post by looby5776
I think all staff (non-management) are taken on as temps now for 13 weeks, then its new temp contract, no job, or perm contract.

This seems to be the way with the majority of retail jobs at the moment, or at least that's my experience.

Good luck, I don't think it'll make any difference to how your application is viewed by personnel. :smile:

ok thank you for your help
Is it premium pay if your working good Friday?
Is it premium pay if your working good Friday?

Yes and you get time off in lieu as well :smile:
Reply 5858
Original post by moregano
Yes and you get time off in lieu as well :smile:

Whats time off in lieu? :confused:
Original post by BenjyK
Whats time off in lieu? :confused:

Bank holidays are part of your holiday entitlement, so if you do a shift on one you get to take that holiday at another time. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending