The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Just got a wee offer from Jordanstown! So happy.
Original post by bethanyrose2
Hiya i'm beth I have firmed sheffield but insured DMU! Its so nice that we can meet people on here before we go but I just hope I get the grades now! Have you applied for accommodation yet? :smile:x

I've also firmed Sheffield :smile: I've applied for Endcliffe, have you applied for accommodation yet? x
Original post by Lemons_on_wheels
I've also firmed Sheffield :smile: I've applied for Endcliffe, have you applied for accommodation yet? x

I know it's not my firm, only my insurance, but I applied for Endcliffe too! I don't mind if I get put in Ranmoor instead though, it's just as lovely. I applied for ensuite and i'm a little bit worried about organising my finances because it's quite expensive, but if I do miss my grades and go to Sheffield I can transfer my job, so it shouldn't be too bad. So excited :biggrin:
Original post by juliewho
I know it's not my firm, only my insurance, but I applied for Endcliffe too! I don't mind if I get put in Ranmoor instead though, it's just as lovely. I applied for ensuite and i'm a little bit worried about organising my finances because it's quite expensive, but if I do miss my grades and go to Sheffield I can transfer my job, so it shouldn't be too bad. So excited :biggrin:

They're both lovely :smile: In the end I just picked Endcliffe because it was bigger and seemed a little more lively, but I feel the same, i wouldn't mind either way :L ooh thats handy :biggrin: me too!

I applied for endcliffe too but yer ranmoor is just as nice so i don't really mind x
Original post by Hermione_moo
Just wanted to post on here and say a massive good luck.

My son was diagnosed with verbal dyspraxia aged 3 and spoke like a dolphin, in a series of clucks and clicks. SALT worked with him intensely and hes now 7 and wow, hes nearly there.

Just want to let you know what a very big effect you guys will have on the lives of the people you work with. For my son, his life changed so much and hes a different child.

Wow that is so nice to hear. That is exactly why I want to become an SLT to make a difference to children like your son. Its really heart warming to know it has made a difference :smile: x x x
I applied for endcliffe too but yer ranmoor is just as nice so i don't really mind x

Me neither, i'm so excited :smile: x
Reply 3987
Offer from MMU, think I'm going to go with there over the others. Time to start properly researching accommodation, and sorting out finance and all that boring stuff.
I've been accepted onto the postgrad at City Uni. Has anyone heard from NHS about applying for the bursary or know when they'll contact us to apply?
Hiya i'm beth I have firmed sheffield but insured DMU! Its so nice that we can meet people on here before we go but I just hope I get the grades now! Have you applied for accommodation yet? :smile:x

yaaaaay! i know same im a bit worried about getting the grades :s-smilie: ive not applied yet cause it wont let me, do you know how long you have to wait after you've firmed the offer? im going to apply for endcliffe though, preferably shared bathroom cause its cheaper! how about you? x

I've firmed sheffield aswell! :smile: x

woooo thats a few of us now then! im so excited but im worried about getting the grades now! have you applied for accommodation? x
Sorry to go on but I am STILL waiting for news from BCU and DMU. This is driving me crazzzzy! Ive have just called UCAS and they advised me that now its the Easter Hols its very unlikely that I'll hear anything over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Nooooo! Im getting so fed up, I have so much planning to do as its a HUGE life change if I do this. Is ANYONE else in the same boat as me or is it really just me who hasn't heard a thing? Sorry to rant but I want this SO bad, more than anything :frown: x

Btw does anybody know whether any uni staff will be in during the Easter Hols such as admin or admissions? If anybody hears off them during these next two weeks let me know. Surely if they are behind with applications they will work some of the Easter Hol? It may just be my wishful thinking tho lol x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3991
Original post by pink_flamingo
Sorry to go on but I am STILL waiting for news from BCU and DMU. This is driving me crazzzzy! Ive have just called UCAS and they advised me that now its the Easter Hols its very unlikely that I'll hear anything over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Nooooo! Im getting so fed up, I have so much planning to do as its a HUGE life change if I do this. Is ANYONE else in the same boat as me or is it really just me who hasn't heard a thing? Sorry to rant but I want this SO bad, more than anything :frown: x

Btw does anybody know whether any uni staff will be in during the Easter Hols such as admin or admissions? If anybody hears off them during these next two weeks let me know. Surely if they are behind with applications they will work some of the Easter Hol? It may just be my wishful thinking tho lol x

Hi .... I hadn't heard from any of my choices at all until friday either, when I heard from 3 all at once, including DMU (offer). My application was submitted way back in mid October, so they took ages. Also, I had emailed DMU a few days before asking (nicely) when I could expect to hear, maybe that prompted them. Have you tried phoning admissions for the speech and langauge, or health scince, department, directly ?
I am just waiting to hear from QMU now. I emailed them on friday and they responded this morning to apogise for taking so long and that I would hear back within 7 working days
Yaaaay! I just got an offer from BCU! :biggrin: Firming!
Original post by isjkdwbw18
heyy my name is georgie ive been looking at this thread for a while (sorry to sound creepy haha) so i thought it was about time i posted! i was extremely lucky to receive 5 offers for speech therapy and have finally just plucked up the courage to firm the university of sheffield with man met as my insurance :smile:

anyone else out there firmed the uni of sheffield? would be lovely to get to know some people before we go! x

Hey! I firmed Sheffield too :biggrin:
Original post by isjkdwbw18
yaaaaay! i know same im a bit worried about getting the grades :s-smilie: ive not applied yet cause it wont let me, do you know how long you have to wait after you've firmed the offer? im going to apply for endcliffe though, preferably shared bathroom cause its cheaper! how about you? x

woooo thats a few of us now then! im so excited but im worried about getting the grades now! have you applied for accommodation? x

I've firmed Sheffield too :biggrin:! Does anyone know the deadline for applying for accommodation?
Reply 3995

Im not in the same position but I really empathise with you, the waiting is bad enough I can't imagine having to wait THAT long. I've got everything crossed for you, I really have!
Original post by 123emily
Yaaaay! I just got an offer from BCU! :biggrin: Firming!

When was your interview?!?!
i had mine about a week ago, how long do they take to get back to you?
Original post by geek chica
When was your interview?!?!
i had mine about a week ago, how long do they take to get back to you?

Mine was on the 13th March so just over two weeks :-) Good luck!!
Ahhh thanks, mine was actually sent on 15th Jan so dont know if that has made a difference. So when they say 'reply' does that mean that they may not have to give a final answer yet but just reply to us say to invite us for an interview? (what I mean is does an interview invite count as a reply or not) Im not sure whether the uni ive chosen is still interviewing or not (BCU), they may have finished by now. I may be looking to much into it but i wonder whether 'reply' means their final decision (by end of March) or just getting in touch with us for an interview or something (by end of March). Sorry hard to explain, do you see what I mean though? Im so worried about it. I know that they aim to get back to us by end of March but apparently some say it can take till May too. Cant help worrying now. Hope you hear something soon, its frustrating isn't it. Good luck!! x

Bcu are done with interviews til end of april, they emailed me and invited me to their last one, and said if i couldnt make it they had like a final session where they would "mop up" in april, so hopefully you get that!! don't be worried, you'll get a chance :smile:
Original post by 123emily
Mine was on the 13th March so just over two weeks :-) Good luck!!

oh awesome, thankyou !
and well done on getting in!

Quick Reply

Latest