The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can't sleep so I've decided to watch 'Mean Girls'! :tongue:
Original post by Undulipodia

Hah! :biggrin: You summarily crushed him, though? :colone:

He was vanquished.

Also, this one time, his satsumas rolled across the floor of the lab.

Not a euphemism.

(...probably.)
:yawn: Ugh, 4 measly hours of sleep. Bad time to find out that your PBL group want sort out the poster after out 9 am lecture. :rant:

Original post by Jace Falco
You didn't start on Red/Blue? How young are you?

Spoiler

I think I bought Pokemon Blue a few weeks after crystal. I recall that at the time it was £5 at Littlewoods. :awesome:

Yeah, I really wanted to play as a girl. :ninjagirl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rissa14
I never knew people could be so passionate about pipettes

It used to be 50% of my last job to repair, calibrate, validate and maintain everyone's pipettes, so I used to get quite annoyed when I saw people doing silly things with them.

Beyond that though, you wouldn't believe how personal and precious people get about their pipettes in the lab :tongue:
Reply 164
Looks like my Ox-visit is going ahead after all, recommend anywhere to visit? :grin:

The Covered Market!

Also, you can't got to Oxford and not go to G&Ds, regardless of the weather.
Can someone explain what G&Ds is?
Original post by cpdavis

Lrn2google :pierre:
Reply 167
Original post by cpdavis

G&D's - George and Danver's. Nicest ice cream cafés. There are three of them in Oxford.

This is the one on St Aldates - behind it you can see a church, and beyond that is Pembroke. Opposite is Christ Church. Note the polar bear cub being taken out for a walk in front of the café.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 168
Original post by ATMarsden
I have a confession to make

I am a 90s kid who never played pokemon...

Original post by Crisps
Snap.

Original post by dbmag9
And me. I was never into any gaming at all really. :dontknow:

Original post by twinlensreflex
:five: I owned one Pokemon card in primary school and that was it :smile:

Original post by fretter778
Yay for Pokémon! I started watching the entire series from episode 1 the other day in an effort to continue general procrastination. It's working surprisingly well

:pika:

So much pokémon :awesome: Oh, my childhood. :parrot:

I'm disappointed by you people. Pokemon was an important part of the 90s!

My faith in the thread has been restored :daydreaming:

Tom's went out to the shop to buy bacon and eggs. We is having eggs benedict. I don't really know what they are, but if they look strange I've decided I might try and scramble them post-benedict when he isn't looking.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 169
Sort of to do with the covo - sort of not.

I went to this absolutely lovely ice cream place in Cambridge opposite one of the colleges. They had cucumber sorbet! I've never had such a beautiful flavour in my life! And I've never seen it anywhere since :frown: Even there...
Reply 170
Original post by Liam_G

So Cute! I miss Pikachu...
Reply 171
I found a gorgeous ice cream place in York when I was there last week. Can't remember the name, but for those of you that know York, it's opposite Clifford's Tower. Bloody lovely, it was.
There's a really good vegan cafe that we stumbled across in New York, The Atlas Cafe...they sold vegan donuts! :biggrin:
I've found my watch after having lost it over half a year ago. Huzzah!

Original post by Liam_G
Tom's went out to the shop to buy bacon and eggs. We is having eggs benedict. I don't really know what they are, but if they look strange I've decided I might try and scramble them post-benedict when he isn't looking.

Nononono! Eggs benedict are wonderful! It's a muffin cut in two with bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.
Reply 174
I really want eggs benedict now.
Reply 175
I want an eggs benedict now too, and I don't even like eggs.
Afternoon gays :smile:

Today has been a good day so far, found 60 quid this morning that I had stashed away (from Christmas) that I had forgitten about, happy days :biggrin:

Also going out for a meal with the fam tonight, should be fun!
Reply 177
'Morning', gays. How are we all today?

Original post by thurin
Note the polar bear cub being taken out for a walk in front of the café.

PRSOM. :awesome:

Original post by Liam_G

That would not work, but is also not a thing you want to do. Tasty food is being made for you, be grateful! :hmmm:

Original post by Crisps
I really want eggs benedict now.

Original post by thurin
I want an eggs benedict now too.

Me toooo.

Nononono! Eggs benedict are wonderful! It's a muffin cut in two with bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Best served late, of course, in an insanely hipstery café. :yep:
Reply 178
Also: this is an EU (and Croatia)-wide survey that from the EU Comission, which doesn't take too long to fill in and I'm sure is helpful to someone.
Reply 179
Original post by dbmag9
Also: this is an EU (and Croatia)-wide survey that from the EU Comission, which doesn't take too long to fill in and I'm sure is helpful to someone.

This service is not available. Please try again later.

I'm off to buy ingredients for homemade chilli and caaaaake :teeth:

Latest