The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by chiliman14
I don't think any sites have an odds feed with them, it's just a case of manually finding a close odds match.

Came across this site, they don't have many bookies on there however they do have BetInternet :smile:

http://www.ifreebet.co.uk/betcalculator

might help someone else.
Reply 6461
bet365 usually do good odds.
Anyone know any good dutching guides?
Reply 6463
So completed my first ever matched bet. Took it slowly and tried to learn as much as possible (continuing to do so of course). Used FTO since Im new and my overall profit is £11.33 from a £20 free bet which seems fairly bad compared to what I see on here and Im now seeing why people do not rate FTO at all.

Now intend to look into it in more depth and then begin doing it myself to try and get a larger return.
Absolutely rinsed matched betting over xmas (got about £350 out of all the major offers) then lost about £80-100 betting my actual money in the hope of getting more once the offers ran out, lesson: don't be too greedy! Anyone know how much of a float is needed for bet365? Got £1700 to use until my accommodation comes out in May, do you just back/lay at high odds in the hope you'll win at Betfair, or could that land you with £1700 you can't withdraw with no money to lay it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jono404
Absolutely rinsed matched betting over xmas (got about £350 out of all the major offers) then lost about £80-100 betting my actual money in the hope of getting more once the offers ran out, lesson: don't be too greedy! Anyone know how much of a float is needed for bet365? Got £1700 to use until my accommodation comes out in May, do you just back/lay at high odds in the hope you'll win at Betfair, or could that land you with £1700 you can't withdraw with no money to lay it?

Just complete the WR at the lowest odds possible, or close to, hoping that you bust out, if not, ah well.

You dont want to bet at high odds, because if it comes in, like you say, your in the brown stuff
Reply 6466
subbing :smile:
Original post by arichmond64
Just complete the WR at the lowest odds possible, or close to, hoping that you bust out, if not, ah well.

You dont want to bet at high odds, because if it comes in, like you say, your in the brown stuff

Think I finally get it after having a read around, it's a bonus, not a free bet right? So you place a qualifier as usual then just bet through 1200 at low odds then withdraw everything? Thinking of doing it as 4x£300 bets with a £1500-1600 float.
Original post by united2000
Use Firefox with Noscript add-on. This blocks Iesnare. You can still log into websites fine. William Hill use Iesnare and my account logs in fine blocking it.
I would definately look into changing IP addresses or using the internet at their house if you dont want to get caught.

I just reroute it using the host file... but what I am saying is, newbies won't know of this threat and I think it is a fairly significant one.
Original post by Jono404
Think I finally get it after having a read around, it's a bonus, not a free bet right? So you place a qualifier as usual then just bet through 1200 at low odds then withdraw everything? Thinking of doing it as 4x£300 bets with a £1500-1600 float.

Yeh thats right.
I just bet at the lowest odds, if you have a decent float you will be fine.
Sporting bet have a £50 risk free bet, anyone done tht?
Guys, do any of you do Dutching? Where is United and the other fellas who were here before.
Paddy power are doing a money back on chealsea benfica if Torres scores, made £50 in a similar offer on the barca game
Original post by Patchey1000
Paddy power are doing a money back on chealsea benfica if Torres scores, made £50 in a similar offer on the barca game

So can't you just bet with PaddyPower for Torres NOT to score as well? But I guess you could still do it at a betting exchange and then add another bet and lay that too....

EDIT: Btw just checked PaddyPower, and it's if Torres scores last.. dumb kid..
(edited 12 years ago)
I've been banned by Stan James for matched betting !
Original post by Glen_Nichols
I've been banned by Stan James for matched betting !

How did they find out?
Original post by little_wizard123
How did they find out?

Don't know, my guess is that it's quite easy to spot with their £150 offer

Bet £10 - £10 free bet
Bet £20, £20 - £20 free bet
Bet £30 x 3 - £30 free bet

I got to the £40 free bet haha!

Don't know, my guess is that it's quite easy to spot with their £150 offer

Bet £10 - £10 free bet
Bet £20, £20 - £20 free bet
Bet £30 x 3 - £30 free bet

I got to the £40 free bet haha!

But how? That's what you have to do to unlock the free bets? They must've known from the site you were laying against the bets with.
Original post by little_wizard123
But how? That's what you have to do to unlock the free bets? They must've known from the site you were laying against the bets with.

Further to your recent email.

Having discussed the situation further with our Trading Manager I can confirm the following: At Stan James we pride ourselves on offering the most comprehensive range of bets across a multitude of sporting events. We are also keen to offer value for our Customers on whatever markets we provide. This service is generally appreciated by our Customers as an opportunity to pit wits against our Traders. However, invariably when offering so many markets, there will be occasions when the views that our Traders take, may be somewhat in contrast with other Bookmakers or exchanges. This offers the opportunity for some to guarantee a margin of profit by backing all possible outcomes of a race or event. Whilst this practice may be inevitable it is not one that we are looking to encourage and as such restrictions may be placed on Customers who have an account with us simply to exploit this possibility.

Go figure.

What have you said to this? Surely no evidence whatsoever?

Latest

Trending

Trending