The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

The title is pretty explanatory.

I'm doing four subjects and have covered about 3/4 of Maths, and only 1/2 of pretty much everything else in my other three subjects (content), and now have to use the Easter break to write up notes and then move onto past papers once the Easter holidays finish.

What about you?

Edit: I only wrote ten pages of notes throughout the whole Easter - damn the holidays went way too quick.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Started this morning :smile:
Reply 2
*Feels more and more guilty as I read post*

None, so far. We finished AS Maths a few weeks ago and have been going over C2 revision in class since then, but tbh I'm only going to really start my revision for other subjects over these holidays :smile:
Done little bits of homework here and here, trying to get through most of that before getting my head down.

Still got a massive history essay looming over me though - gotta' love Easter.
Reply 4
Started this morning too :smile:
Reply 5
Was gonna start ten minutes ago. Then I watched this

[video="youtube;DYRDuOCKr2A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRDuOCKr2A[/video]

and have been distracted ever since. Ah... procrastination at it's best.
I'm just getting everything together at the moment.

So for psychology I'm reading the textbook and writing up a glossary, I'll probably start the rest of my 12 markers on wednesday - but my teachers got some of my mine at the moment and I'm not entirely sure of some of them, as to whether i've done them or not :colondollar:
Reply 7
Started seriously today. Been 'revising' whilst at college in the library but now I've started to make notes whilst reading revision guides/textbooks/class work. First week of the Easter break will be note making and the second week will be just past paper questions!
Reply 8
Original post by Clare~Bear
I'm just getting everything together at the moment.

So for psychology I'm reading the textbook and writing up a glossary, I'll probably start the rest of my 12 markers on wednesday - but my teachers got some of my mine at the moment and I'm not entirely sure of some of them, as to whether i've done them or not :colondollar:

If you have any specific questions on the 12-markers then I'll gladly be able to help as I've pretty much written quite alot of them and have had them marked.
Reply 9
Just started revising this morning :biggrin:

feelsgoodman.jpeg
Haven't started. I've only made notes.

feelsbadman.jpg
Want to finish S1 in the next two days then start everything else. Need to get this stuff over with!
Reply 12
Original post by Miracle Day
Haven't started. I've only made notes.

feelsbadman.jpg

Making notes is a form of revision.
Started this morning from 9am finished at 14:30pm I've revised all my topics :smile:.

I see how it is. -.- Neg and run.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by LifeIsGood
Want to finish S1 in the next two days then start everything else. Need to get this stuff over with!

Absolutely hate S1. Failed it in Jan. LOL. Did better in like the core modules...C1,C2,C3 etc.

Need to resit it in June (only have one shot at it).

To be fair, S2 is a LOT easier and interesting than S1.

But I think for S1, I need to be very thorough with all the worked examples, and mixed exercises
Original post by oli_G
Making notes is a form of revision.

Personally, I disagree.

I make notes to prepare for revision, my revision method being writing out chunks of the notes over and over again.
Original post by exam2k10
Absolutely hate S1. Failed it in Jan. LOL. Did better in like the core modules...C1,C2,C3 etc.

Need to resit it in June (only have one shot at it).

To be fair, S2 is a LOT easier and interesting than S1.

But I think for S1, I need to be very thorough with all the worked examples, and mixed exercises

I kind of get probability but it's still quite confusing with the wording of the questions. I need to do tonnes of practice for it tonight and I'm struggling with the Normal Distribution questions and I need to brush up on Histograms as they tend to pop up a lot :frown:
Reply 17
Hahaha haven't started yet... *start hyperventilating and some unattractive sweating* I WILL start on wednesday when I'm off for Easter.. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Miracle Day
Personally, I disagree.

I make notes to prepare for revision, my revision method being writing out chunks of the notes over and over again.

Fair enough, good luck with your revision.
Original post by oli_G
Fair enough, good luck with your revision.

How much u doing a day?

Quick Reply

Latest