The Student Room Group

Double Majors

Do all unis in the US offer the oppurtunity to take a double majors, and doing to two degrees simultaneously?

if not which unis do offer them which are good for business/finance related courses?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The university of notre dame mendoza is actually a top school for business. Not sure what the.above order is based on but a lot of those.schools.are interchangeable.
Reply 2
not necessary for business. Among my friends BusinessWeek held a bigger sway. OP, BW is a good source for info about the schools and their program.
Reply 3
the bw rankings aren't off. They just judge things other than reputation. Once again. The us news rankings are not the be all and end all on b schools. I detect you don't know what the **** you're talking about, especially if you think Mendoza isn't good. Jokes on you:colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Lol, you liar. I never said Mendoza was better than Penn so stop lying. What I said was that the us news rankings did not have the final word and your meaningless order of schools was just that, meaningless. Again, jokes on you. :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
how slow are you? Or is it that you just like lying? My point was that the bw rankings were legitimate and had the same if not more legitamacy than u.s. Anyone with any knowledge knows how great Mendoza is. The only reason Wharton gets more play is of it's rep. If you had any sense you'd know rep wasn't everything. A look at Mendoza's an d others placement stats show the strength of the program. Stop acting like the only legitimate b school is Wharton. Seriously, how slow are you?
Reply 6
the only thing I could gather from your incoherent post is how much of a ignorant liar you actually are. Just because you think a school is better doesn't mean it is. There are great b schools outside of Wharton and that is a fact. Location does not make one school better than another. Salaries go back to rep. Once again you know ****all about this topic. McIntire, Mendoza and Ross are all great programs. Wharton is once again not the be all and end all. Lol at u talking about faculty. Many of those distinguished profs don't even teach the courses. Wharton is not wear the crowd when it comes to undergrad b schools and that is a fact.
Not sure why the two of you are bickering but good on you for arguing about a mundane subject. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Wow, you're still lying aren't you? Wharton is not the best and that is a fact. Mendoza and others are just as good. You're slow aren't you? Your incoherent rants are pathetic.
Reply 9
Anyone who doesn't recognize bw is clearly someone who knows nothing about business.
She/he's a troll.

On a related note; even I know location can make a lot of difference. In the UK London is typically the best location for law and IB/finance because that's where a lot of the best companies in those fields are based, among other reasons. In the US I assume it's NYC. Maybe some other cities depending on career etc.
Reply 11
Wharton is not the best undergraduate b school. It is vastly overrated and lost its spot prob about 3-4 years ago. Bw is more legitimate than u.s in this matter.
Reply 12
The fact is that Wharton is overrated. Half of the profs don't teach the courses and satisfaction rates are low. Wharton offers nothing but a fancy name.
Reply 13
Original post by Sharri5
Wharton is not the best and that is a fact. Mendoza and others are just as good.

hahaha what a :troll2:

This.
Reply 14
There are tons of articles about student satisfaction being low. Google it. The lack of present teachers is common knowledge.
Reply 15
Original post by emygr21
hahaha what a :troll2:

This.

there's no order to the top b schools.
Reply 16
You must be desperate to start.pulling things from the sky. Wharton has long been replaced at the as.far as absolute quality goes.
We have LSE, UCL, KCL, ICL all in London. Plus a number of other great universities outside of London which are heavily recruited from but location wise those 4 can't be beaten. The others including Oxbridge, Durham, Bath, Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, Warwick, etc etc.

This is typical of Sharri. She makes claims again and again without any proof to back this up yet expects everyone to accept it as gospel.
Original post by Sharri5
There are tons of articles about student satisfaction being low. Google it. The lack of present teachers is common knowledge.

Satisfaction rates mean nothing. People overrate their school/university in order to give it a better ranking. It just distorts the true ranking.
Reply 19
Satisfaction matters if you're talking about the quality of the school and we are. It also matters when speaking of resources and the access of students to those resources.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending