The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
thanks, I guess it's a double edged sword- its painful to be so close but at least it gives me something to work for next year if I want. Good luck for TiB !
Has everyone else found out?! I still am awaiting results for HoP!!
Original post by lovers in japan
Has everyone else found out?! I still am awaiting results for HoP!!

No, nothing for me either! How hard can it be to send out updates... Grr!
Reply 2143
I suspect that HoP and TiB have yet to set their final pass marks. I'd be looking at Thursday for when those are likely to come through...
Original post by Stomm
I suspect that HoP and TiB have yet to set their final pass marks. I'd be looking at Thursday for when those are likely to come through...

'Early April'... 'you'll hear on Monday'... you just never know it seems :p:
Reply 2145
Oh I can't believe they've updated some and not others, I was so hopeful it'd be today (FSAC 12/01) Is it only those who sat fsac last week who've been updated or is it specific departments? (I'm waiting for results for HR).
I just caved and called up and the lady said I'd hear "by the end of the week" :frown:

Original post by Stomm
Strangely enough this might actually be the best thing for me right now. I've got a lot going on in my personal life at the moment, so starting anything this side of 2013 is probably not going to be wise, far better to let things settle down and then take it from there I guess...

Sorry Stomm, will you be applying again next year?
I haven't heard for Central Departments yet. Sigh.
Reply 2147
13.84. Gutted. The briefing exercise killed my chances. 1.92 for Constructive Thinking. Ach well. I'm not going to say I didn't do my best ... I gave it my best shot, it just wasn't to be.
Reply 2148
Original post by ja86
13.84. Gutted. The briefing exercise killed my chances. 1.92 for Constructive Thinking. Ach well. I'm not going to say I didn't do my best ... I gave it my best shot, it just wasn't to be.

Well, now you've got something you for next year that you didn't have this time around... Experience and an FSAC Report to work with. The first time I did it, I got 14.48. Constructive Thinking was my lowest score with 2.2. It was my only score above 3 this time (with other pretty damn close to 3). Ironically. My highest score last year (building productive relationships) was my lowest score this time around (drop of almost 0.5 on that one competency) because I completely botched my group exercise strategy.

The lesson I'd take from that is that you have absolutely every chance to improve and do well next time, especially on the areas you were worst, although I'd be careful not to neglect what I was good at). I'd be interested in seeing the stats on how many people who pass the FSAC have done it before. My guess would be that it'd be pretty damn high.

Failing the FSAC the first time is not something to feel bad about.
Nothing over here. FSAC was beginning of march. Waiting on HR
Reply 2150
Original post by Stomm
Just got my FSAC through, and unfortunately whilst I have improved overall from my 2008 FSAC, it wasn't enough to get through on the DS and Central Departments options. I'm still awaiting results for TiB, but since my overal score was 15.41 I would be very, very surprised if this is high enough to get through to the FSB for TiB...

Oh well, maybe third time lucky next year if I get to the FSAC stage again?

Mid-15s is pretty close. That's where TiB pass mark usually falls. It was around 15.5 last year. Hopefully, since it appears they're taking on more people for TiB this year, I hope the pass mark drops further this year.
So it seems that HR, TiB and HoP won't be released til the end of the week.
Original post by TruckBear
I haven't heard for Central Departments yet. Sigh.

That's very weird, when was your FSAC?
So it seems that HR, TiB and HoP won't be released til the end of the week.

That's very weird, when was your FSAC?

I'm still awaiting DS... so god knows when they'll tell me about that?!
Has anyone heard today who didn't have FSAC last week? I'm still waiting from FSAC back in January so hoping it will be earlier rather than later this week, waiting longer doesn't seem to make it any easier to wait a few more days!
Reply 2154
That poor woman in Camberley must be getting thoroughly sick of being called! I gave into temptation and called up too - @Lovers in Japan, @More Tea Vicar, Thursday it is for HoP apparently....xx
Original post by Satis
That poor woman in Camberley must be getting thoroughly sick of being called! I gave into temptation and called up too - @Lovers in Japan, @More Tea Vicar, Thursday it is for HoP apparently....xx

Thanks for ringing, least I can stop checking now...

I'm sure they must know by now but enjoy this whole making us wait. More Tea Vicar, when's the DS FSB?
Thanks for ringing, least I can stop checking now...

I'm sure they must know by now but enjoy this whole making us wait. More Tea Vicar, when's the DS FSB?

DS FSBs are being "are planned to take place during the weeks commencing 19th March, 2nd April and 9th April."

Obviously not holding out much hope but they would have to tell me this week if I'm to get to any of the DS FSBs.
Reply 2157
Original post by Stomm
I'm still awaiting results for TiB, but since my overal score was 15.41 I would be very, very surprised if this is high enough to get through to the FSB for TiB...

TiB has a much, much lower threshold than CD, so fingers crossed for you - in 2010, the lowest pass for TiB was 15.74 (though it was around 16 last year).
Reply 2158
DS FSBs are this week and next - I'm waiting on the DS result too. I presume this week's sessions must be filled with people who heard after the first set of acceptances and rejections, but either way it's all going to happen at pretty short notice!
Just got mine back and got a 16.1 which isn't too bad considering it was my first time.

I knew my second part of the e-tray would hurt me (it was awful) and my group exercise was pretty poor as well.

Can I ask what the normal pass grade is around for CD is it 17ish? Or slightly lower normally?

Quick Reply

Latest