The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

U should phone them and ask them to send you an email
Does anyone have the phone number for them? They called me on a restricted number so I do not have one. Thanks
0207 247 6966.
Experis House, 5th Floor, 5 Ray St, London, EC1R 3DR
Nearest Station is Farringdon. Exit left out of Farringdon Station onto Clerkenwell Street, right onto Farringdon Road and left into Ray Street. Please be aware access to this assessment is via an elevator or 5 flights of stairs.
Has anyone heard from them since monday's assessment in faringdon?
Thanks for the info people. Managed to get thru to them and I was down for the assessment so had that 2 weeks ago. Good luck with all your applications!
Reply 45
Hi

i got an email yesterday saying i had passed the assessment/interview, but was just wondering if this means I have the job, or whether it is conditional on my accreditation and references?

Thanks
Reply 46
You will definitely have the job as long as you gave the correct info (NI, referees, criminal, etc).

Well done!!!
Reply 47
Hello everyone!

I received an e-mail that they tried to contact me but cant so I shoud call the back, I tried today but no answers, maybe because it is Saturday. Is here anyone who is not at the moment in England? I want to know if i have a chance to pass interview even if Im not in London.
Reply 48
OMGOSHHH! I have an Assesment on the 2nd of April at Farringdon, I dont even know how I managed to get through this far, I thought they had stopped taking people. Ive never even attended an interview :s-smilie:
Please help guys, who knows what they are going to ask?
Was it hard?
What shall i wear?
Are we in groups or is it one to one?
Reply 49
Original post by RYNLPZ
Hi! I applied for a retail job as a sales assistant during the 2012 Olympic Games. :biggrin:
I've now been invited to attend an Assessment Centre this Thursday after passing the online application/test as well as the phone pre-screen. :cool:

This is my first time attending one of these Assessment Centres and from what I've read online, employers evaluate everything the applicants do.

Has anyone else attended an Assessment Centre for the London 2012 retail jobs (specifically)?
What were you required to do? Any tips? :s-smilie:
Also, what should I wear? As it is for a retail job, I was thinking of going Semi-formal.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hello, just wanted to ask if you already gone to this interview and how did u find it?
Mine is on the 2nd of april and i need helppp!
Reply 50
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Hello, just wanted to ask if you already gone to this interview and how did u find it?
Mine is on the 2nd of april and i need helppp!

Just think of buzz words to describe a random Olympic product, it's not difficult you need to have some sort of team working skills and just be confident. there's not much talking actually involved, I think everyone gets the job this is just a formality to find out who's working where.

Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 51
What time are you there tomorrow. I'm there at 9.30. Maybe its a group thing.
Reply 52
Sorry for the late reply but for anyone who will be attending an upcoming assessment centre 'cultlogic' on Page 1 describes the assessment perfectly.

Since receiving the confirmation email that I'd passed the Assessment Centre in January, Manpower have contacted me twice in March. :smile:

First was a phone call to inform me that I'd passed LOCOG's accreditation process. Also to discuss my work venue; they consider your address to help choose which venue would be best for you to work and easiest to travel to. They then ask whether you are interested in working during the Paralympics Games. Lastly, they ask what size uniform would best fit you (sounds like the job is confirmed) :biggrin:

Second was another confirmation email of my 'Conditional' offer stating the work venue that was agreed. From there, they will contact your referees.

Hopefully that answers -or- will answer any questions people have on the recruitment process 'after' the Assessment Centre. :smile:
Reply 53
I passed in January still haven't heard back from them :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by TempleQC
I passed in January still haven't heard back from them :frown:

Hi, don't worry- I assume since you passed the Assessment you got the email that said the Accreditation Process may take up to 8 weeks.
When they called me, they told me that realistically, LOCOG take up to 10 weeks or longer since there are a LOT of applicants. You'll get your call.. :cool:
Reply 55
How long does it take to get a reply from after the assessment?
Reply 56
Original post by RYNLPZ
Hi, don't worry- I assume since you passed the Assessment you got the email that said the Accreditation Process may take up to 8 weeks.
When they called me, they told me that realistically, LOCOG take up to 10 weeks or longer since there are a LOT of applicants. You'll get your call.. :cool:

Yeah i got the email, and thanks mate its been 10 weeks though lol. Anyway I want to work in the olympic village, I live near to stratford so hopefully I get it and if i do it means I start working earlier so more money :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by fuzzmuzz
How long does it take to get a reply from after the assessment?

My assessment centre was on 5th Jan, got my confirmation email the next day. My friend got his a week later. :smile:
Reply 58
5th Jan... When did they get back to you?
Reply 59
Original post by RYNLPZ
Sorry for the late reply but for anyone who will be attending an upcoming assessment centre 'cultlogic' on Page 1 describes the assessment perfectly.

Since receiving the confirmation email that I'd passed the Assessment Centre in January, Manpower have contacted me twice in March. :smile:

First was a phone call to inform me that I'd passed LOCOG's accreditation process. Also to discuss my work venue; they consider your address to help choose which venue would be best for you to work and easiest to travel to. They then ask whether you are interested in working during the Paralympics Games. Lastly, they ask what size uniform would best fit you (sounds like the job is confirmed) :biggrin:

Second was another confirmation email of my 'Conditional' offer stating the work venue that was agreed. From there, they will contact your referees.

Hopefully that answers -or- will answer any questions people have on the recruitment process 'after' the Assessment Centre. :smile:

Did they ask you where you would like to work like on the tills, shop floor etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending