The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Have most of you finished all the content for your exams? We've not finished anything :/
Original post by oli_G
Fair enough, good luck with your revision.

Thanks. And you.
Original post by PeteyB26
Have most of you finished all the content for your exams? We've not finished anything :/

Same. It's really hard to get revising when you've not finished the course, and when you've got coursework coming out of your eyes.
Reply 23
Original post by Miracle Day
Same. It's really hard to get revising when you've not finished the course, and when you've got coursework coming out of your eyes.

Absolutely, I mean I've been going over everything we've done in lessons at home, but I don't think I class it as revision until we've finished everything :tongue:

I dropped all coursework subjects at the first chance xD I feel for you...
Officially started today, official as in got my head down and did about four to five hours of serious revision. I was really worried that I had too much content to cover before my exams, especially as I am on work experience all next week, but when making a list of my weakest topics I saw that I will be able to cover them all in time, which was a lot of stress off my mind
Oh man, I was going to start revision today. But then I watched the new Game of Thrones episode, and everything went down hill. I'll start this evening, for sure.
Im going to start on Thursday. Everyone is out on a Thursday and I will have space to actually do some work.
No idea how you guys can do maybe 5 hours of revision. I do 1 hour and think I've done loads!
Reply 27
Original post by chignesh10
How much u doing a day?

well if i've got other things on i'll do about 4 hours, if i'm spending the day mainly revising more like 6.

You?
Reply 28
Really need to start soon but planning to when I break up from school in a few days time.
Reply 29
... Have not even finished the course content in class yet for 3 of my 4 subjects (4th is Maths).

If you want an answer in terms of percentages - I'm about 5% done with revision :/

I don't see why you suddenly need to have a surge in revision hours, exams are still 6 weeks away - not saying that is ages away but the water is still lukewarm.
Reply 30
Does staring at the periodic table count as revision?
Original post by oli_G
well if i've got other things on i'll do about 4 hours, if i'm spending the day mainly revising more like 6.

You?

6 hours.
Do you read the text book or make notes
Reply 32
Original post by chignesh10
6 hours.
Do you read the text book or make notes

I make notes using textbooks (I have >1 for most subjects) on cards. At the moment i'm trying to get notes done for all my exams, then i'll start past papers and making more concise notes etc.

I try to do a maths past paper every day as well as I have 4 maths exams in may.
Reply 33
when you talk about note taking, do you mean like copying lots of things down so spending an hour taking down notes from two pages from textbook? or summarising and taking down around 5 pages from book?
Not finished the course on any of my subjects (math, chemistry, biology and geography).
But what we've done so far i've been revising as we go along.

Started "Easter revision" today, breaking it in slowly going over a little bit of maths making a page on each section.
Going to crack on properly tomorrow though - starting at 11 and finishing at around 6 (obviously with breaks spread out too).
Reply 35
Original post by Ry_p94
*Feels more and more guilty as I read post*

None, so far. We finished AS Maths a few weeks ago and have been going over C2 revision in class since then, but tbh I'm only going to really start my revision for other subjects over these holidays :smile:

well count yourself lucky! at least you've finished C2 and started revising in class. we've still got 4 chapters left and havent started revising in class.she's going to rush through the last 4 chapters (which are hard), and we wont understand a thing.
Reply 36
Original post by kidoo
... Have not even finished the course content in class yet for 3 of my 4 subjects (4th is Maths).

If you want an answer in terms of percentages - I'm about 5% done with revision :/

I don't see why you suddenly need to have a surge in revision hours, exams are still 6 weeks away - not saying that is ages away but the water is still lukewarm.

you sound over-confident with your exams. what did you get in the january exams?
Reply 37
Original post by PeteyB26

same here! its really really annoying! cuz now the teachers are going to go through the content at major speed and we wont understand anythingg ://
Haven't started...
Reply 39
Just started today... How can you possibly have done that much revision!? Only just finished the course today and we break up for easter tomorrow...

Quick Reply

Latest