The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rickie13
I said English because potentially one of the hardest as it is difficult to revise. I would have said a language but it's often very coursework based and so if you get full marks in your coursework and get nothing in your exams, you can still pass

English Language has the same amount of Coursework as Languages:confused:
Reply 401
i would say Geography as i wasnt very good at it.
Original post by hbk4894
i would say Geography as i wasnt very good at it.

Geography is very easy because i got full marks for unit 1 and the grade boundaries for full marks very very low(41/50:eek:).However,a lot of people in my class got Es and Us(top set) so maybe it isn't so easy but i find it very easy to extrapolate on ideas and write detailed explanations with several detailaed case studies.I think the options in the poll are quite strange because Geography is a Humanities subject.
Reply 403
Science is my worst subject, so I have chosen Science.
Spanish, it's just hell for me. I've tried to understand/like it, but I just can't.
English Lit/Lang just because of the time you are given to complete such a substantial amount of work.
Original post by theGeezus
English Lit/Lang just because of the time you are given to complete such a substantial amount of work.

Yes they have to be the most rushed GCSE Subjects,Suprisingly most people find Maths harder than English-unlike most of the forum because a very peculiar fact brought my attention 58.3% get 5 A*-C including E+M yet only 58.6% get M to grade C or above,yet it so easy and double the amount of time is spent on it than English because you have to do 2 GCSEs in English in most schools and on my English Language course you have to produce 9hr 45mins of work+Speaking and Listening tasks and only 3hr45mins for Maths.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 407
Art - especially when you've got a teacher who really doesn't know what they're doing :unimpressed:
Reply 408
is economics hard?
yes no why?
Original post by Irokat
is economics hard?
yes no why?

I would also like to know too because I'm interested in taking Economics at A-Level with Further Maths,Maths and Geography.Business is pretty easy so I wouldn't imagine Economics to be too much harder.
GCSE's seem really easy now oops, but I hated ICT the most by far. The coursework was completely soul-destroying...
Original post by I'm JoeKing
GCSE's seem really easy now oops, but I hated ICT the most by far. The coursework was completely soul-destroying...

My ICT GCSE Coursework is really fun and You'd love my ICT GCSE course because it is all coursework:laugh:
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who finds English Lit./Lang hard (well Lang. isn't that hard, but content-wise, I don't know what gets me the full marks for each question and how to EXPAND on the points, which applies for English Lit. too).
There are so many people carrying on English to AS in our year. Maybe it's because my school is an all girls school. :l
Geography, but only because I've never been this disinterested in something throughout my life. The concepts are easy to grasp, but I genuinely feel sad every time I walk into my geog class.
Original post by overskrill
Geography, but only because I've never been this disinterested in something throughout my life. The concepts are easy to grasp, but I genuinely feel sad every time I walk into my geog class.

Why did you pick Geography then? or was it compulsory?
Reply 415
Drama was most difficult to get a good grade in, but the workload was one of the least
Original post by Dalek1099
Why did you pick Geography then? or was it compulsory?

I only chose it because I enjoyed it in third year (and because the lowest grade in my class was an A). But once I went into my first GCSE year and we were literally only learning about rivers I just wanted to go back in time.
Original post by overskrill
I only chose it because I enjoyed it in third year (and because the lowest grade in my class was an A). But once I went into my first GCSE year and we were literally only learning about rivers I just wanted to go back in time.

I haven't really learnt anyway about rivers in my Geography GCSE course.I have learnt about Coasts and am currently learning about natural disasters and will then move onto tourism and the controlled assessments.
Art....the work load... it hurtss
Art, especially when your teacher didn't give any instructions. The work was time-consuming and tedious. I got a D in GCSE. :mad: Oh, and the teacher had a go at me because the whole of my English class had to take time off timetable to do some coursework (previous year's teacher screwed it up and we were running out of time). Her argument? "This subject is just as important as English, maths and science." She then grudgingly let me go when my friends from another Art class (but in the same English class) came to my rescue.

Quick Reply

Latest