The Student Room Group

Year 11's - How many hours of revision are doing a day?

So it's currently the Easter holidays... I was just wondering how many hours of revision people are going to be doing over the holidays and in general...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well since I'm self-teaching Maths/Psychology, atleast 5. I've got a reasonable amount of the Psychology syllabus to cover; the exams on 14th May. :frown:
Reply 2
------------------
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
None at the moment. Could anyone give me advice on how much I should be revising? I have 19 exams in May/June but I am only aiming for C grades at minimum.
Reply 4
Original post by Tommo96
None at the moment. Could anyone give me advice on how much I should be revising? I have 19 exams in May/June but I am only aiming for C grades at minimum.

Make a timetable for each day. Write down what you aim to accomplish that day.
Stick to the timetable
About 4 hours
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
About 3-4 hours

What grades are you aiming for?
Original post by lohoj
What grades are you aiming for?

A*s apart from English and French which are B. 12 is seriously overkill dude, you need to get the maximum out of your revision, you will be mentally fatigued with that. Some days I may do 5 hours. For example, I did an hour of Geography revision today and did about 1 third of the course (not doing past papers), why'd you'd need 12 hours I dont know.

I'd say 5 hours of revision is the most if you're content on revising lots. By the 3 hour mark your brain wont be at maximum capacity, never mind 12...
Reply 8
6-7 hours all A* (aiming for)
8 hours and 40 mins and then 2 hours for any coursework...
Reply 10
Probably like 4-5. Im in year 10 though but I have about 8 exams this summer, one of which is an as level.
Im not worried, there is plenty of time, majority of my exams are in mid-late June.
Reply 11
i am taking 9 subjects and i figured if i wanted to finish all GCE and IGCSE past papers, i would have to study for 12 hours a day until o-levels!! I still dont know how i am gonna be able to concentrate for 12 hours a day or where i will get those 12 hours....
4 hours a day
Reply 13
You guys realise this is GCSE's right? You get a C for writing your name correctly. Seriously the people saying you need 12 hours a day are stupid, trying to scaremonger the normal people.

At this stage an hour a day will probably be fine, I didn't do any revision until study leave started and still got the grades I wanted... Relax, you'll be fine!
Reply 14
Original post by Roxas
You guys realise this is GCSE's right? You get a C for writing your name correctly. Seriously the people saying you need 12 hours a day are stupid, trying to scaremonger the normal people.

At this stage an hour a day will probably be fine, I didn't do any revision until study leave started and still got the grades I wanted... Relax, you'll be fine!

Yea ur right but some of us don't have study leave because they banned it
Reply 15
seriously guys at GCSE for any subject you need to revise 1 hour 30mins each subject everyday about 2 weeks before the actual exam and there's no reason why you should not get A*.

I have a friend who didn't revise at all for his history medicine through time paper last year, he wrote 8 bullet points on his hands before he went into the exam waffled a bit and ended up getting full marks, gcse's are literally piss easy, its not seen as amazing getting A*'s anymore all it suggests is that you revised a decent amount.
Original post by Roxas

This so much.

Don't go overkill otherwise you'll be dead by the time you get to the exams. GCSEs are more of an endurance test than how much you know. If you think you can be revising several hours everyday until late june when the exams finish whilst also doing the exams then you're crazy.
Reply 17
I am aiming for all A*s and am doing 11 subjects with 24 exams this summer!
I am planning to do 6 hours of revision a day at Easter to make sure I know the syllabi then start on past papers (which are not included in the 6 hours!)
In study leave I will up that to about 8 hours (including past papers).
As has already been said (and as anyone who has completed their GCSEs will tell you), some of you are doing way too much. It will stress you out and by the time you get to your exams, you won't be able to revise efficiently any more. You all have the right attitude which is great, but remember that you need to take time off and have fun as well! At this time last year I wasn't revising yet, maybe an hour a day if I felt like it. That's also important; don't force yourself to revise if you are totally in the wrong mood to do so. You won't take in the information, so get yourself into the right mindset before you study. Good luck, you'll all do fine :biggrin:
Reply 19
I've got 15 exams in the summer and am aiming for mainly a*s. All this posting of like 3 hours a day is scaring me! I wasn't even aware people were revising during easter! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending