The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
Hi guys,

Do you think I should stop hoping to get a cast offer email or are they late on the offers? I am starting to giving up on my hopes... Too bad really it would have been an amazing experience... x

Don't give up! It ain't over til the fat lady sings (hopefully that won't be the at the closing ceremony). Seriously, keep the faith.:2012:
Reply 5401
Original post by Flakeydom
Except that it's not since while we might think we are only discussing within fellow auditionees, this thread is available for anyone online to read and since it appears on the front page of Google's Olympic ceremony search results, is quite visible. It is one reason why despite all the info on the spreadsheet being available piecemeal here, I haven't made it a public document and am wary about what stat details I pull out.

As rehearsals start, this thread probably should only still be updated on reserve promotion news or arranging a future meet up to avoid the risk of letting anything slip. Well - perhaps if there were sandwiches at the long rehearsals!

Original post by Pinnerite
I absolutely agree with Flakeydom. Once rehearals start, for some on April 14, we must be absolutely clear that NO information of a sensitive nature must be posted on this thread as this site is open to absolutely anyone - it is not just a closed forum amongst friends- and we have had a couple of rogue messages in the past. After all we have now had 267,519 views on this site - I am sure not all from the 212 members here! We don't want this site to be banned or for any of us to lose our place through some inadvertent remark. Please take care peeps!

Agree with Flakeydom and Pinnerite. We have to be careful especially as everything is starting to become reality!:popout:
Reply 5402
Lots of activity on here this afternoon, could be a good sign, maybe??
Reply 5403
Original post by Bignic12
Lots of activity on here this afternoon, could be a good sign, maybe??

Hopefully but my activity is coming to an end as I am done here for the day. Fingers crossed for everyone xx
Original post by cornishscot
I can't imagine many non-performers are scrolling through over 5,400 postings to work it all out they way most/some of us have done so far over the past 6 months or whatever either, can you?

Oh I do agree that most people aren't that interested particularly this far out from the event and with no real detail here; as you say the authorised stories are also out there. The majority that I have seen are in local papers from outside London where the participant is hoping to raise some cash to help with travel costs.

But I don't think we should rule out newspaper interns etc being asked to trawl through for nuggets of information particularly as public interest grows.

While we would all love to know what our earliest rehearsees are up to, we will have to temper our curiosity and wait our turns for either our own to start, for the dress rehearsals or, sadly for non-promoted reserves, for the ceremony itself. We need to be sure that no-one's place is put at risk by providing what might seem innocent information (eg the 1:1 venue when confirmed).

However, it would be good to still keep the community spirit that has developed here so that we all still part of this family.
Original post by Caroline27
I was so excited yesterday morning at the prospect of 007 parachuting into the stadium, and then it seemed obvious it was an April Fool from The Sun, now I'm not sure any more because the story has appeared on both the Guardian and the Express and Metro websites and you'd think they'd have checked the validity of the story??? Or are newspaper reporters as easily taken in as the rest of us? Plus the Sun said their Arsenal perfume story was a fool but haven't mentioned 007. It would be lovely if it's true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/apr/02/london-2012-daniel-craig-olympics-bond

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/312017/OO7-at-the-Olympics-by-Royal-command

If it is true it must be one of the best ever non April fools.

Ummmm ..... I think it's true!:rolleyes:
Original post by MsIs
Don't give up! It ain't over til the fat lady sings (hopefully that won't be the at the closing ceremony). Seriously, keep the faith.:2012:

Thank you :smile:)) x
As someone who is still awaiting the results of my auditions in Feb, can I ask when do the rehearsals start? Noticed someone mention they start in a couple of weeks? Are those the earliest rehearsals? When do the other ones start? And the Paras? Thank you!
Olympic rehearsal start dates range from mid-April to mid-June depending on the segment - and they are specific to number/initial groupings until much later in the process when groups appear to start coming together. There's nothing to stop another grouping of 'late entrants' being put together with a later start date and perhaps slightly more frequent rehearsals until they catch up.

Paras - we have no idea. No-one on here has an offer - and it's only when you get an offer that we have any clue about the rehearsal schedule. If you work on the principle that it's 5 weeks later, then that would mean that they won't start until towards the end of May but that's total speculation.
Olympic rehearsal start dates range from mid-April to mid-June depending on the segment - and they are specific to number/initial groupings until much later in the process when groups appear to start coming together. There's nothing to stop another grouping of 'late entrants' being put together with a later start date and perhaps slightly more frequent rehearsals until they catch up.

Paras - we have no idea. No-one on here has an offer - and it's only when you get an offer that we have any clue about the rehearsal schedule. If you work on the principle that it's 5 weeks later, then that would mean that they won't start until towards the end of May but that's total speculation.

Thanks Flakeydom, thats really helpful information!
WHOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!

Just got email confirming a role with the Props Team for the ceremonies!!

Hurrrrraaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Thank you everyone for all your support :smile:
Reply 5411
Congrats timefortea!!! I also just received an acceptance but for the Staging team :biggrin:
Original post by bluang3l
Congrats timefortea!!! I also just received an acceptance but for the Staging team :biggrin:

Congratulations to you too! That's brilliant news! Have you also been asked to pop along next week?
Reply 5413
I had a feeling there would be some good news today :smile: :smile:
well done
Reply 5414
Yup - they mentioned a session on the 12th with more info to be provided later

woohoo!
Oooh - congrats bluang3l and timefortea!

Very well done!

Edit: And yes, I've added a new column to the spreadsheet! :deal:
(edited 12 years ago)
Congratulations timefortea and bluang3l :biggrin:
Phew! I was sitting here reading all this thinking lovely news and thinking well done when into my inbox landed Ceremonies Volunteer Casting. Hurrah and thank goodness!
What have you got Maid.Marian? Props too?
What have you got Maid.Marian? Props too?

No CASTING. I am thrilled.

Latest