The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by omgg
well count yourself lucky! at least you've finished C2 and started revising in class. we've still got 4 chapters left and havent started revising in class.she's going to rush through the last 4 chapters (which are hard), and we wont understand a thing.

That sounds dreadful, luckily most of my class do further maths so we got through the material fairly quickly. We haven't finished my other subjects fully but we can do it over the holidays on the college intranet so it's not too bad.
Reply 41
it is quite stressing :frown: and maths is one of those subjects that you cant teach yourself. and then when we come out with bad grades they blame it on us, stupid teachers...
what other subjects do you do?
I'm trying to finish my Physics coursework, which is pretty difficult seeing as I'm doing it on the computer, i.e. the great distractor. Once I finish this, I can start on the rest outside of my room -__-
Reply 43
haven't started m1 revision yet, looked at some questions and its more like someone combining reading comprehension with maths. Which is stupid, maths should be numbers...
Reply 44
Original post by omgg
it is quite stressing :frown: and maths is one of those subjects that you cant teach yourself. and then when we come out with bad grades they blame it on us, stupid teachers...
what other subjects do you do?

Agreed, a lot of the time it can be about luck in the maths exams as well :redface:
I do Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History (+ that terrible waste of brain cells that is "critical thinking" which doesn't even deserve capital letters). Which subjects do you do? :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by omgg
you sound over-confident with your exams. what did you get in the january exams?

Well I only sat 2 exams in Jan, got low A's in both!

Maybe I am slightly over-confident, which is not good considering I have 7 exams >.<

But I still think anything more than just regular review of work is uncalled for at this point, personally at least... no need for 6 hour-a-day revision just yet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Wow I wish I started as early as you for my revision. Then I may have stressed less and done better in my AS exams... and GCSE's... and actually everything up to but not including A2 lol
Reply 47
Reading the beginning of this thread has really reassured me. I'll start tomorrow
Reply 48
just started today....havnt really had chance during school time because the teachers give us the most stupid homeworks and lay them on thick :frown:
I only have two chapters left of C2 in school but everything else is finished.

Started today but got distracted a bit :colondollar:
Tomorrow will be better.... hopefully.

has anyone got their chemistry or biology practical exams left?
My school does the EMPA and will do them in end of April, beginning of may.
Can't wait(!)
Reply 50
Original post by Ry_p94
Agreed, a lot of the time it can be about luck in the maths exams as well :redface:
I do Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History (+ that terrible waste of brain cells that is "critical thinking" which doesn't even deserve capital letters). Which subjects do you do? :biggrin:

hahah loool, aww bless. woah you do some pretty tense subjects!! (apart from critical thinking) ;p i do maths, sociology and accounting. I regret not choosing 4 though
Reply 51
Original post by kidoo
Well I only sat 2 exams in Jan, got low A's in both!

Maybe I am slightly over-confident, which is not good considering I have 7 exams >.<

But I still think anything more than just regular review of work is uncalled for at this point, personally at least... no need for 6 hour-a-day revision just yet.

wow! thats actually quite good! i guess everyone learns differently. and you chilling at this time of the year may work well for you.
oh high five! i've got 7 as well! what subjects do you do?
Reply 52
Original post by bad8oy
just started today....havnt really had chance during school time because the teachers give us the most stupid homeworks and lay them on thick :frown:

ikr! the amount of inconvenient homework we get is unbelievable! dont get time to revise during the term :frown:
Reply 53
Original post by omgg
wow! thats actually quite good! i guess everyone learns differently. and you chilling at this time of the year may work well for you.
oh high five! i've got 7 as well! what subjects do you do?

Awesome! We are in for the next few weeks together then.

Maths, Physics, Chem, Econ. U?
Reply 54
Original post by kidoo
Awesome! We are in for the next few weeks together then.

Maths, Physics, Chem, Econ. U?

Haha yeah we are! woah you do physics?
i do maths, accounting and sociology... i regret not choosing 4
Reply 55
Original post by omgg
Haha yeah we are! woah you do physics?
i do maths, accounting and sociology... i regret not choosing 4

My colleges forces us to do 4 >.<

What's so great about Physics :tongue: ?

I'm considering taking Accounting up as an AS next year!
I started today with about 5 good hours of revision for chemistry, so that was good. Hoping to be motivated enough to carry that on.
Reply 57
Similar to many other posters on this thread I started this morning. :ahee:

<3 x
Reply 58
Original post by LifeIsGood
I kind of get probability but it's still quite confusing with the wording of the questions. I need to do tonnes of practice for it tonight and I'm struggling with the Normal Distribution questions and I need to brush up on Histograms as they tend to pop up a lot :frown:

I did S1 in January and found probability really difficult when we learnt it, but honestly, if you do enough practice it just clicks and seems really easy! I'd suggest doing like 2 hours a day of practice, because then it doesn't really cut into revision time too much, and you're getting better and better, and you won't forget anything because you're doing it every day. Past papers are majorly important as well! Examiners are lazy and repeat themselves most of the time. I was on AQA, but it'll be similar for Edexcel. :smile:
Reply 59
This thread is such a relief to read! My plan is to master all the theory for all my subjects during Easter, and do all the maths past papers, and then do tonnes of past papers up to exams. Hoping to do around 7 hours of revision today (unlikely, but oh well).

The ideal plan would be to have 8 hours of studying, 8 hours of rest and 8 hours of sleep. But that never turns out that way, ever. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest