The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham iQ Accommodation

Hello everyone,

Well, I am looking to apply to Nottingham Trent next year (for September 2013 entry). I have been looking at halls, and people will call me un-sociable, but I just can't be bothered with a dirty kitchen, people arguing with each other, people not taking bins out or cleaning/tidying when they are meant to, people stealing food. I mean, I have friends! A lot of them, but even then, Im not sure I want to live with them! :colondollar:

So, I have been looking at private accommodation, and found iQ Nottingham. I have been looking at the studio apartments, and have fell in love with the Silver one on their website!

http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/nottingham/rooms/studio-flat-silver

I just wanted to know if anyone has stayed with them, either in one of the shared kitchen cluster flats, or in one of the studios?

Also, I have emailed them asking this, but I may as well ask you as well. I am applying for Interior Architecture and Design, and am going to try and get my application in as soon as possible later this year. Basically as soon as an offer come through from Nottingham, I will go and book this accommodation as Nottingham will be my firm if I get an offer from them. I see on iQ's website that the Bronze and Silver studios are fully booked, but I just wanted to know if people think I would be able to get one. When do these typically sell out? On iQ's twitter, they tweeted on the 22nd February, saying our Nottingham studios are now sold out. I guess my question is more, do you think I would get an offer sent through (if I get one that is) from Nottingham before the end of January if I apply as soon as I can.

Also, not a specific question for this property, but property like theses in general. The room is on a 50 week contract. If I was to book again for the next year while I was living there for the same room, would they allow me to stay in the same room and not move all my stuff out?

Thanks everyone!
Reply 1
Hi you may have already had an answer to this, but firstly, with the accomodation issue - I have never stayed in IQ nor do I know anyone that has, but everyone has looked very early for accomodation this year, and the problem with private is that it is open to anyone - not just freshers.
Come up with a few different options. If you want a studio, try glasshouse, possibly goldsmiths and victoria halls - they're all in good distance of uni - with your course you don't want to be too far away! There;s a lot of equipment you'll have to take in..

Secondly, I do Interior Architecture at trent atm, unless there is a miracle, and that may be the case as I have heard they aren't doing interviews this year, chances are you might not hear until March...
The way students are being chosen this year is VERY different compared to any year before, which could mean you will hear back a lot quicker, or it may take a lot longer to hear back.
I applied 2 years ago and they were the last uni to get back to me, and one of my first interviews so... unfortunately you'll have to wait and see.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the course/uni if you like.
And really good luck for getting in, it really is a great course!

xxx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Also, if yuo haven't already, you might want to move this to the trent page, you'll get responses from people living in notts and maybe in IQ
Reply 3
Original post by rissa14
Hi you may have already had an answer to this, but firstly, with the accomodation issue - I have never stayed in IQ nor do I know anyone that has, but everyone has looked very early for accomodation this year, and the problem with private is that it is open to anyone - not just freshers.
Come up with a few different options. If you want a studio, try glasshouse, possibly goldsmiths and victoria halls - they're all in good distance of uni - with your course you don't want to be too far away! There;s a lot of equipment you'll have to take in..

Secondly, I do Interior Architecture at trent atm, unless there is a miracle, and that may be the case as I have heard they aren't doing interviews this year, chances are you might not hear until March...
The way students are being chosen this year is VERY different compared to any year before, which could mean you will hear back a lot quicker, or it may take a lot longer to hear back.
I applied 2 years ago and they were the last uni to get back to me, and one of my first interviews so... unfortunately you'll have to wait and see.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the course/uni if you like.
And really good luck for getting in, it really is a great course!

xxx

Thank you for that great reply! I will bear everything you have said in mind when applying and looking at accommodation! I would love to hear some more information about the course though! Just general information, and anything you think is useful to know.

Been stressing out a bit lately with the entry requirements. For 2013 entry, they points are 340. I think I should be able to get this from my 3 main lessons (Art, 3D product design and Media studies) and also EPQ to make the points up. What a levels did you take, and what grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by superturtle
Thank you for that great reply! I will bear everything you have said in mind when applying and looking at accommodation! I would love to hear some more information about the course though! Just general information, and anything you think is useful to know.

Been stressing out a bit lately with the entry requirements. For 2013 entry, they points are 340. I think I should be able to get this from my 3 main lessons (Art, 3D product design and Media studies) and also EPQ to make the points up. What a levels did you take, and what grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Erm, I really don't know what I can say about the course except enjoy and I'm not trying to scare you off - trust me it's a brilliant course - but prepare yourself for the workload I suppose. It's a lot more work then most other first years will get on other courses. It's worth it though. And also, if it all seems a little abstract at first and you really don't like it but it's still something you really want to do, stick it out. There's always a point to it even if you don't work it out until the end of the year. If you have any really specific questions - they're easier to answer - just message me okay :smile:

Erm entry requirements as I say are VERY different to when I was applying. We had portfolios and interviews and it was only 300 points. I took Sociology, Psychology and Art A Levels and Maths AS. I got fairly okay grades in everything but art - i just scraped that but I think I interviewed well and my portfolio was good as I still got in. But I did meet the entry requirements. It wasn't grade specific, so you could get any grade in art as long as you had a good portfolio and met the requirements.
It's a hell of a lot tougher on tutors now I think, because they have no idea what students design and artistic abilities are until they start. So they can't reject people on a basis of whether they can design or not. Hopefully everyone who gets in does have a good ability, but usually the interview process would be to unfortunately eliminate those who they think wont be able to cope - as I said it is a very demanding course. But it is worth it, I don't regret it one bit.

Really good luck on getting the grades, it sounds tough but if you've got okay predicted ones you'll be fine
x
Reply 5
Im applying to interior archtecture and design too! got on the course and shouls hopefully be staying at victoria halls.. if not IQ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending