The Student Room Group

End of interview questions

At the end of interviews I always ask questions that I prepare in advance. Usually around the practicalities of the job and how the organisation works. I googled it a bit to make sure I am doing it right. Everything I read suggests asking a question along the lines of 'is there anything about me which is causing you concern about my ability to do the job?' so that you can then tackle their doubts.

Something in me feels like that's a faux pas. As if it's rather bold, over confident and assuming. Is it really taken that way? Or is it something everyone asks?

If I did that then I'd also be worried about timing it. I'd want to show interest in the job first. Yet I think I'm pretty good at getting chatting about it rather than strictly question than answer. I think it's good to get it like that a bit so you seem more personable but then the downside is it more goes with the flow of the conversation so such a question would be a stark change of direction. I never run out of chat person the end of time so it usually ends with them wrapping it up so I feel like I'd struggle to get it in as the last question.

Any thoughts?
I tend to ask about training and development

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending