The Student Room Group

Struggling to Revise...Help Needed!

I'm really struggling to revise the subjects I don't like as I don't have any interest in them and so no motivation.

I cannot muster up the will power to revise the subjects I loathe the most: physics and maths.

Any tips on how to make them bearable?

Also, I'm revising Unit 3 sciences and wondered how people managed to memorise all of the content in a relatively short space of time...? I'm relying on cue cards stuck around my house but I was wondering if anyone else used a different method that worked?

Thank you.
:smile:
Original post by claire_hughes
I'm really struggling to revise the subjects I don't like as I don't have any interest in them and so no motivation.

I cannot muster up the will power to revise the subjects I loathe the most: physics and maths.

Also, I'm revising Unit 3 sciences and wondered how people managed to memorise all of the content in a relatively short space of time...? I'm relying on cue cards stuck around my house but I was wondering if anyone else used a different method that worked?

Thank you.

You have to understand that everyone learns differently as I'm sure you know, but the way I memorise things is read my notes/textbook and quickly jot down important stuff on paper and then I just recycle the million sheets I get through in the day. I don't keep them as notes. It took me a while to discover I learn like this and it works for me but maybe not for others.
Reply 2
Ooh I have never tried that, I'll give it a shot. Thank you!
Reply 3
getrevising.com has the most fabulous quizzes :wink:
Reply 4
I really like the CGP workbooks for sciences, and if you search 'extension science workbook' on amazon then you can get one that just covers the Unit 3 topics, they do different versions so you should be able to find one that matches you exam board. I find they really help to make sure you know the topics and pinpoint the bits you're not so sure about.
Reply 5
I have this software called 'Maths Watch' It has all the syllubus and it's video intructed plus you get to do some questions...want it? PM me
Original post by claire_hughes

Thank you.

Come to my current year 11 thread for tips and advice as well :smile:

Original post by theGeezus
I have this software called 'Maths Watch' It has all the syllubus and it's video intructed plus you get to do some questions...want it? PM me

Lol I remember that :colone:
Reply 7
Get off TSR and shut down computer would be a start.
Reply 8
Get maths watch! It helps so much :smile: also get a CGP revision guide for physics :smile: or go on bitesize depending on your course, if you are doing triple science get the revision guide
Reply 9
Thanks for all the advice :smile:
(apart from yothi5's unnecessary commment).

I'll go look on amazon now.
Muchly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest