The Student Room Group

India is about to hang someone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by P.Kaur
She seems to be miles away from the point, and is instead caught up in a life long search for the correct statistic of Sikh protest attendance, lol.

Sounds like it. :smile:
Original post by f1mad
If not (which I doubt you do), stop attacking other posters.

So let me get this straight, your logic is that certain people cannot pull numbers out of the air, but others can; as thus far, I have yet to see your criticism with the 1000+ post. Ah, hypocrisy is thy name I guess :facepalm:
Original post by P.Kaur
She seems to be miles away from the point, and is instead caught up in a life long search for the correct statistic of Sikh protest attendance, lol.

And you seem to be just promoting your agenda, no matter what nonsense needs to be said "lol" :h:
Reply 263
Original post by MirandaPanda
Oh please; what complete and utter nonsense :rolleyes:

The protest had at most, a hundred or more people, certainly not "thousands". Unless you can verify this independently? No, thought so. Secondly, the media has better things to than engage in a "massive cover-up" of Rojoana; a guy that not many even know or would care about it.

Are you basing it off the video or were you actually there?

The video does not show the extent of the turnout, there was a large number behind the speakers, and on all sides which are not captured by the camera. Regardless of the numbers, I fail to see for what good reason a protest of this scale could not even warrant a mention in any national news. This is a blatant cover up to keep up relations with India.

Exactly because of this lack of coverage is why I can't give you independent figures, and this is also exactly the reason why not many know about this issue. I find it sad you have such little faith in humanity that you think most would not care if they heard about the injustice carried out.
Lets look at a sample study to see how much people would care:

Taken from: http://www.sikh24.com/2012/03/ipledgeorange-success/#.T3o4DNU9Un0

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Today an amazing thing occurred and I just wanted to spread the word. As we all know, the Sikh Panth was encouraged to wear Orange to show solidarity and support for Balwant Singh.

This led a few Sikhs at my 6th Form to wear Orange to school today and encourage our friends to also participate via facebook, twitter etc. However, a common problem the night before was the fact that some people in our friend circle did not have any orange clothing and so we decided to cut up some orange cloths and use them as wristbands (like we do at the local Sikhi camps). Our thoughts were that not many people would participate and so we only cut up about 30 wristbands. Also in preparation for today, we printed out approximately 20-25 leaflets on Balwant Singh so we could just hand out a few to educate people on our cause.

But, when the magic of the day came when we entered school together, all wearing orange, the atmosphere was charged–people we have never spoken to came up to us to ask what the orange was about, basically what we were standing up for.

We explained, handed out our 20 leaflets, gave a few wristbands to people, and then to our utter surprise, we had realised the whole 6th form was talking about #ipledgeorange and wanted to a). know more b). help give out leaflets, c). wear orange d). talk about Balwant Singh and the lack of Justice in India.

As a result of this, we had to print out more than 100 leaflets, cut up more orange cloths. The end product? Our entire 6th form wearing Orange and talking about Raojana Sahib and how India was not the democratic country it pretends to be.

The effect of this as you can imagine was amazing, we had teachers questioning and wondering what all the orange was about, youngsters wanting to be involved and a general determined atmosphere in College. I even overheard non-Sikhs explaining to others how Raojana Sahib was not a terrorist but a man fighting for the freedom of Sikhs and Justice for all in India. I don’t know about you, but to have a Muslim or an Atheist talking about this issue and supporting Sikhs–it was a big thing.

For me the best thing for today was simply walking around school and seeing the orange on display. It sent out a loud and clear message: that the human race is still good, we still care about moral issues and when a push comes to a shove, we will walk on the same path to achieve a common goal. I think maybe, this is what Khalistan is–not a place, but a state of mind–where all Sikhs are united under the Nishan Sahib and the instruction of Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

And so in conclusion, a simple thing such as #ipledgeorange can cause a major shift in education and opinions for people who were once not educated on issues facing Sikhs in India. So to all those who pledged orange, thank you. For those who have yet to pledge orange, there is time left. A small action can create a big effect.

Just my opinion, I apologise if I have said anything you do not agree with.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 264
So let me get this straight, your logic is that certain people cannot pull numbers out of the air, but others can; as thus far, I have yet to see your criticism with the 1000+ post. Ah, hypocrisy is thy name I guess :facepalm:

What are you talking about?

Can you stop asserting things which are NOT written in my post.

It seems you're only in this thread to cause havoc.

You claimed '1000+' was 'ridiculous', I am questioning that. How do you know?

For the record: I don't know myself how many attended, neither am I willing to make a claim.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 265
Unless you're going to bother posting a statistic, don't bother replying to my post.

Furthermore, if you think you're going to pull a figure out 'of the air' by the 'eye', then you're the hypocrite here.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 267
And you seem to be just promoting your agenda, no matter what nonsense needs to be said "lol" :h:

Would you like to give me an example of where I've done that, or do you wish to continue making the exact kind of hypocritical statements that you accuse us of making? Do you have any solid figures as to how many Sikhs support Balwant Singh Rajoana or how many Sikhs attended each protest? If not, how do you expect your argument to hold any weight?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 268
He's been given ALOT of support or there is no way Indian Gov would have halted his execution.
Original post by SaintSoldier

What's the latest on him? Is he still going to get hanged?
Original post by Brutal Honesty
What's the latest on him? Is he still going to get hanged?

Well according to that video, no.

I posted the video just to check with the Sangat if what they were saying was true, although I don't see any reason why the makers of that video would lie.

It is after all from Giani Sukha Singh, a very respected Sikh scholar and speaker in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending