The Student Room Group

What do we think guys, Goldsmiths or Falmouth?

Ok so the application process is over and i got 3 places, Wimbledon, Goldsmiths and Falmouth. Im ruling out Wimbledon as i don't like there halls situation but i can't really chose between the other two. I would say my heart is in the idea of chill in by the beech in falmouth for 3 years but then my head is with the far greater career prospects at goldsmiths.

Pros for falmouth.
beautiful
relaxed
cheep
my kind of social experience.

cons for falmouth.

course not as good
worse links
don't like the halls

pros for goldsmiths.
exciting and vibrant
love the look of the halls
an amaising course
great links
london art galleries act.

Cons for Goldsmiths.

I will probably die out off stress
i won't be in as good a mental state to make work
more expensive

So if any of you guys had the same dilemma or have any ideas, i would love some help.
Reply 1
I think that the course and opportunities available should probably take priority in this situation. From what I've heard, the social experience at university will always be what you make of it, wherever you are.

Location wise, I have to admit I'm a teeny bit biased; I'll be a London art student come September. I'm suited to relaxed atmospheres too, but there's so much at your doorstep in London. It is more expensive, but you're getting a lot more for your money- especially if the course is right. London is arguably one of the best places to be in the world with regards to the creative industries.

Both are great universities though, and if you put the work in, you'll probably do fine at either.

Quick Reply

Latest