The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aemiliana
Okay, I caught sight of my ears in the mirror and I'm back to worrying that the tragus part might be too small again. :s I officially hate my ears after having spent so long actually looking at them. Ears are just weird things, aren't they?

Anyone, can anyone say if I'm imagining it all? The tragus thing that is, not the ear hate. The ear hate is now real.

Spoiler

Mine is probably a similar size to yours...I didn't think it'd be able to be pierced, but I did. My piercer said that because it's quite small...it could reject or migrate.

Go and ask and see what a professional thinks :smile:
Original post by Mega Nerd
Mine is probably a similar size to yours...I didn't think it'd be able to be pierced, but I did. My piercer said that because it's quite small...it could reject or migrate.

Go and ask and see what a professional thinks :smile:

I'll go in tomorrow. :yep:

And Juno - thanks, I will do when I get into work. My internet is damn slow right now so trying to get around new sites is annoying, argh!
I'm going to go tomorrow and see what they say. If they say it's not possible, then I'll ask if this is:

1314353350_497f3d3a99.jpg

It's something I think I might get anyway even if the tragus is a goer.
Thinking of getting a new piercing, anyone got any ideas of what I should get? I've already got 7 piercings which are:
Both ear lobes
Top cartalidge of right each
Both nipples
Belly button
Clit hood
Any thoughts on what to get done next very much appreciated :-)
Reply 5804
Original post by Bubblyboo
Thinking of getting a new piercing, anyone got any ideas of what I should get? I've already got 7 piercings which are:
Both ear lobes
Both nipples
Belly button
Clit hood

Fourchette.

Best piercing ever.
Both ear lobes
Both nipples
Belly button
Clit hood

Sorry that this isn't a useful reply. I've just had my nipples done and was wondering whether you could give me any advice on how best to deal with them while they're healing, and how long yours took to heal. Thanks!
Original post by Juno
Fourchette.

Best piercing ever.

Hmmm...thanks, just googled it, seems pretty cool. Do you have it done? How is healing time? Does it have and effect on sex? And any other advice would be great - thanks :-)
Original post by TheHyacinthGirl
Sorry that this isn't a useful reply. I've just had my nipples done and was wondering whether you could give me any advice on how best to deal with them while they're healing, and how long yours took to heal. Thanks!

Hey! More than happy to help :-) have you had them done vertically or horizontally? Or at any other angle? I read tons of forums etc. before getting mine done, everyone has different advice. Some people say to put your boobs in cups of warm salty water - I tried this, not only was it not at all comfortable, i also ended up spilling the water! So what I did was use hot salty water - don't burn yourself though - I soaked two cotton pads in the water and held one over each nipple for around 10 mins then used a cotton bud to clean any gunk (rank i know!) from around the piercing. I did this morning and night for around a month and a half, I've had them done 8 months and still do this once or twice a week, but I probably don't need to do that anymore, I just like them to be clean. Also, when they were very new I avoided showers and had baths instead, they, as you know, can be very sensitive and I have a very powerful shower head - not a good combo! Oh, one more thing, a few posts online said to sleep in a bra, I found this put pressure on my piercings so I just slept in a loose t-shirt, I now sleep topless which I did before and they r fine, occasionally catch on covers but not really. The best thing to do is listen to advice and make it work for you, everyone's reaction to a piercing is different so just do whatever works and feels right. Feel free to private message me if you have any other questions...also, just out of interest, do you have any other piercings?
Reply 5808
Hmmm...thanks, just googled it, seems pretty cool. Do you have it done? How is healing time? Does it have and effect on sex? And any other advice would be great - thanks :-)

Yes, I have it. It's a very rare piercing so not many piercers will have any experience with it, so hopefully you can guess who I'm gonna recommend... He did mine!

It hasn't had any effect on sex either positive or negative, although it has made me feel better about myself so I'm more confident.

I don't remember healing time, but all genital piercings are fairly quick healers. I had a scary moment after about 2 weeks when I thought it was gonna reject, but after a jewellery change it was fine.
Original post by Juno
Yes, I have it. It's a very rare piercing so not many piercers will have any experience with it, so hopefully you can guess who I'm gonna recommend... He did mine!

It hasn't had any effect on sex either positive or negative, although it has made me feel better about myself so I'm more confident.

I don't remember healing time, but all genital piercings are fairly quick healers. I had a scary moment after about 2 weeks when I thought it was gonna reject, but after a jewellery change it was fine.

Thanks :smile: just went on the website of the place I usually go to and they don't do it, so will have to go elsewhere, will look into your recommendation. What other piercings do you have?
Reply 5810
Thanks :smile: just went on the website of the place I usually go to and they don't do it, so will have to go elsewhere, will look into your recommendation. What other piercings do you have?

I have 23! And 6 were done by Darren, which is the most I;ve ever had with the same piercer. So yeah, go visit him.
Original post by Juno
I have 23! And 6 were done by Darren, which is the most I;ve ever had with the same piercer. So yeah, go visit him.

Wow - very jealous! Any tattoos? I don't have any but want one...not sure what to get or where tho.
Reply 5812
Wow - very jealous! Any tattoos? I don't have any but want one...not sure what to get or where tho.

*points at profile*
My tragus has been a bit swollen since I got it done on Friday, it's practically double the size of my other one! I've been taking a few ibuprofen's...but I don't even know if they'll reduce the swelling...I saw someone recommend it on a website, haha.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling or is leaving it and not touching it with anything for a while going to do it better.

~ I was cleaning it earlier, and I took the bar out to clean it a bit better, as it's impossible to move forwards and backwards with it being as swollen as it was...it took about 15 painful minutes to get it back in! Never again!
My tragus has been a bit swollen since I got it done on Friday, it's practically double the size of my other one! I've been taking a few ibuprofen's...but I don't even know if they'll reduce the swelling...I saw someone recommend it on a website, haha.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling or is leaving it and not touching it with anything for a while going to do it better.

~ I was cleaning it earlier, and I took the bar out to clean it a bit better, as it's impossible to move forwards and backwards with it being as swollen as it was...it took about 15 painful minutes to get it back in! Never again!

Were you given any aftercare treatment advice? For a start you shouldn't be moving it at all. You will only drag crusties into the wound and cause an infection. Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory so it will help with the swelling. Also sea salt soaks and chamomile tea soaks will help the healing. You have chosen a piercing that will take an age to heal so you really need to read up on them and look after it.
Original post by Trigger
Were you given any aftercare treatment advice? For a start you shouldn't be moving it at all. You will only drag crusties into the wound and cause an infection. Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory so it will help with the swelling. Also sea salt soaks and chamomile tea soaks will help the healing. You have chosen a piercing that will take an age to heal so you really need to read up on them and look after it.

Yes I was told to clean it with sea salt soaks. The reason I was moving it was because I couldn't clean it properly because of the swelling.
Yes I was told to clean it with sea salt soaks. The reason I was moving it was because I couldn't clean it properly because of the swelling.

You just need to hold the wool or whatever you are using to the piercing and the salt and water will do its job, you don't need to move it.
I have my conch and rook pierced and currently they have BCRs in, however I need something more removable for job interviews, any idea what length barbells I should get and whether they should be curved? Maybe I should just go and ask in a piercing shop, need to get someone to take the BCRs out anyway.
Original post by Nynyflower
I have my conch and rook pierced and currently they have BCRs in, however I need something more removable for job interviews, any idea what length barbells I should get and whether they should be curved? Maybe I should just go and ask in a piercing shop, need to get someone to take the BCRs out anyway.

I had a curved barbell in my rook (now I wear an open nose ring, so much easier to get in and out than a bcr) and I have a straight barbell in my conch, however if you've always worn a bcr in your conch perhaps a curved barbell would be more comfortable for you, it doesn't really matter, but you might struggle to get a short enough curved barbell.
Reply 5819
Original post by Nynyflower

A curved barbell might be better in your rook, but conches generally can accept straight barbells - although everyone is different. One of my helix piercings gets annoyed if I wear a labret stud in it, but straight barbells are fine :dontknow:

If you do go for straight barbells, you can use push fit retainers which are really secure and also mostly invisible. BJS and other sites do sell them, but I've had both and the Wildcat ones are better - the removable head bit is slightly bigger which makes it a lot easier to use but doesn't make it any more visible.

Personally by poking my unpierced conch I'd say it wouldn't want more than about 6mm in there but I do have small ears. 8mm would probably be a safer length to go for.Or go and find someone who knows what they're doing and how to measure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending