The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It could do, especially with no internet access :laugh:
Really glad I started this mood diary now, it's interesting to see my mood progress throughout the day. Although I'm thinking of changing 10 to best I've ever felt from normal mood because I think it'd be easier to rate that way.

If I don't speak to you before, have a lovely time at the caravan :hugs:

Glad you're finding it useful. Yeah I guess that would give more of a scale. Do you know when you're seeing the psychiatrist yet? :hugs:

Thankyou :hugs:
It was nice, but the tide was out so I couldn't use my boat this time. :sad:
Getting rather frustrated with a question, I have been through it and corrected some mistakes but it still isn't working out. Think I will have to move on for now, only have a week per module to revise over easter and that's assuming the other exams do get delayed, if they don't I'm in deep trouble. :afraid:
Reply 6521
Grrr.. Things were going soo well until made the mistake of looking on facebook to find pics of when my class mates went of a rafting trip... my spot got taken by some fat lady who is gradually sleeping with every guy and girl in our year group.

Oddly enough I dont feel that bad... I just have this urge to take a whizz on her from a great hight.
I asked uni about an extension. Things aren't going well. :no:
Original post by FuzzySheep
I'm a bit better now thank you, just thinking too much as per usual. Sorry for taking so long to reply! How are you holding up? :hugs:

That's good :hugs: It's okay I took longer to reply sorry :sigh: I'm not so good, but trying to stay hopeful. Also really tired.

Have a good day boo xx
I was in the middle of planning my day as CBT homework and badoosh PMT kicked in and i broke down crying, guess that's ruined my day.
Original post by Aemiliana
I asked uni about an extension. Things aren't going well. :no:

:hugs: Hopefully they will give it to you, I've never had a problem with mine, so they should put it through, but I know its a bit nerve wracking to ask for help. Is there anything up or is it just general bad mood? Hope you feel better soon.
Failed my personality disorder assessment with flying colours! Least borderline person they've ever assessed, **** yes haters. I knew I wasn't borderline :P
Having a fat day (like there's any other kind when you're essentially a ball with legs) and whining because my t-shirt doesn't fit me how it did before the medication.

I hate the weight I gained from mirt and I hate that I can't shift it for anything. I've tried everything and I still hover around the same point on the scales

Worried that I'm going to feel stupid and fat and make a fool of myself at the meet or that you're all going to be all 'uuuurrrrrhhhh' about me :sad:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Failed my personality disorder assessment with flying colours! Least borderline person they've ever assessed, **** yes haters. I knew I wasn't borderline :P

Haha, that's awesome, congratulations! :five:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Having a fat day (like there's any other kind when you're essentially a ball with legs) and whining because my t-shirt doesn't fit me how it did before the medication.

I hate the weight I gained from mirt and I hate that I can't shift it for anything. I've tried everything and I still hover around the same point on the scales

Worried that I'm going to feel stupid and fat and make a fool of myself at the meet or that you're all going to be all 'uuuurrrrrhhhh' about me :sad:

:hugs: I hate those days.

Have you tried a hell of a lot of exercise? I gained a lot of weight on mirtazapine and I've been going to the gym for a little over a week and can already notice a difference, but I'm really really pushing myself. The weight will come off if you try hard enough, it's simple math.

I'm worried about the same thing, I'm dreading it being hot on the day because then I'll be in shorts and everyone will be like "**** off fattie". :sad:
Aw yeah, just got a phone call from a psychologist, appointment thursday! :woo: Hopefully she will be of some help. :crossedf:

Haha, well done, always good to be proved right :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Haha, that's awesome, congratulations! :five:

:hugs: I hate those days.

Have you tried a hell of a lot of exercise? I gained a lot of weight on mirtazapine and I've been going to the gym for a little over a week and can already notice a difference, but I'm really really pushing myself. The weight will come off if you try hard enough, it's simple math.

I'm worried about the same thing, I'm dreading it being hot on the day because then I'll be in shorts and everyone will be like "**** off fattie". :sad:

I did some yoga and zumba but I haven't really 'stuck in' with exercise yet. Still in the 'too embarrassed to be seen trying' category. I definitely will soon though, I'm detoxing from mirt so hopefully that'll help too and working the music festivals over the summer makes me drop quite a bit for each festival - dropped two dress sizes in three weeks of working last year. I finally have the energy and the willpower to get exercising but running around in my parent's town will see me either arrested or mugged and there aren't any nearby gyms.

It's just the short term "oh god im fat noooow" thats the issue.
Aw yeah, just got a phone call from a psychologist, appointment thursday! :woo: Hopefully she will be of some help. :crossedf:

Good luck!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I did some yoga and zumba but I haven't really 'stuck in' with exercise yet. Still in the 'too embarrassed to be seen trying' category. I definitely will soon though, I'm detoxing from mirt so hopefully that'll help too and working the music festivals over the summer makes me drop quite a bit for each festival - dropped two dress sizes in three weeks of working last year. I finally have the energy and the willpower to get exercising but running around in my parent's town will see me either arrested or mugged and there aren't any nearby gyms.

It's just the short term "oh god im fat noooow" thats the issue.

Awesome, I would love to work a summer festival. I went to Reading a couple of years ago and it was amazing, it was one of the best weekends of my life easily. So jealous you're getting to work them!

Aw that sucks that you live in a bad area with no gyms either. You could try jogging during the day, it might be less dangerous? But then you have people watching and I know how offputting that can be. :console:

And well done on getting off the mirtazapine. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to stop, always end up giving in. :yucky:

Good luck!

Thank you. :hat2:
Awesome, I would love to work a summer festival. I went to Reading a couple of years ago and it was amazing, it was one of the best weekends of my life easily. So jealous you're getting to work them!

Aw that sucks that you live in a bad area with no gyms either. You could try jogging during the day, it might be less dangerous? But then you have people watching and I know how offputting that can be. :console:

And well done on getting off the mirtazapine. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to stop, always end up giving in. :yucky:

Well it's barely been a week but I really haven't had any withdrawals at all (except for the migraines but I partially attribute that to detoxing from codeine too) so I think that this time I'm good :biggrin:

Working the festivals is amazing. I only did three last year but they were so incredibly. This year I'm doing around ten of them - some paid and some voluntary and some are in London and one is in Scotland so it'll be quite the adventure! They just cancelled sonisphere which is my favourite to work at but I'm hoping one of the others will make us for it. The exercise at those things is incredible, especially on car parking duty and eating on a camp stove really makes you eat a little more sensibly!

Can't wait to get back to my uni town so I can get back to swimming and cycling. I'm hoping now it's summer I'll be a little more motivated, plus I have the allotment to take care of again :biggrin:
Original post by purple-owl
Yeah, thanks for your help :smile:

Luckily, Easter study leave means I don't have to see them much! :wink:

lol i know what you mean, but although they call it a holiday it still means study
for exams! whoop :s-smilie: and I'm glad to hear that your not so pressured now if you
ever need to talk the society is always here :biggrin:
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: Hopefully they will give it to you, I've never had a problem with mine, so they should put it through, but I know its a bit nerve wracking to ask for help. Is there anything up or is it just general bad mood? Hope you feel better soon.

At my uni they make you apply for it, hand it in late and then tell you after if you got it... Fun. I've got to email back my academic adviser and the undergraduate supervisor or something about all this actually. They're pretty good at pestering.

Just low mood. I had a heart-to-heart with my flatmate last night about my on-going food issues too... They get in the way sometimes. Thanks :h:
Reply 6537
Appointment with my consultant on Thursday, pretty sure now that I feel a lot better nothing will be done and the fact I have been in a psych hospital 3 times in the last 14 months will be ignored as usual. I guess I just enjoy the good months before the expected massive crash :h:
Reply 6538
Original post by Phoenix07
Nah I don't understand how people concentrate on work so much, I have real difficulties with it :frown: specially in lectures and stuff I just don't know how to keep my attention in the room!

I know it seems far away now but it'll come around in no time at all! It is always difficult listening to everyone else talk about how much money they have and stuff but you've just got to try and ignore it really! Theres more to life then money :smile:

But nah it will be difficult going from being independent and living away to having to live at home again :/ worried about it and what it'll do to me but not got much choice really have I! I would love to spend more time with my little sister but it'll be really hard work :frown:

But goodluck with the meeting today hun, hope it all goes alright :hugs:

I do the same. Always get in that awkward situation where I'm not concentrating and the teacher notices this and asks me a question, which I don't know the answer to because I was daydreaming! :colondollar: Then you get these people who always spend their free lessons in the library, and actually concentrate and then later talk about how much they done. I always get tempted to go outside school :colondollar:

I suppose so. Just can't wait :tongue:. Better become more active again in looking for jobs, and actually get my CV done!

:hugs: Hope everything goes well when you go back :smile:

Meeting wasn't that good. It was to do with the whole family. We were talking about the atmosphere at home. Got another one next week.

:hugs:
Original post by Webberino
Glad you're finding it useful. Yeah I guess that would give more of a scale. Do you know when you're seeing the psychiatrist yet? :hugs:

Thankyou :hugs:
It was nice, but the tide was out so I couldn't use my boat this time. :sad:
Getting rather frustrated with a question, I have been through it and corrected some mistakes but it still isn't working out. Think I will have to move on for now, only have a week per module to revise over easter and that's assuming the other exams do get delayed, if they don't I'm in deep trouble. :afraid:

Not yet. She said the appointment should be sent within 2 weeks and it is 2 weeks today since my appointment so it should be here soon. I bet it will be a while until the appointment anyway.

I know you were only gone for a day but I genuinely really missed you :colondollar:
Awww, that's sad :frown:
Moving on sounds the best thing if you've exhausted everything. :hugs:
Hopefully they will be moved forward, didn't mentor man say they would be?

Change of plan for my mums birthday tomorrow. Nurture lady, my mum and me are all going out for lunch. Really hoping it won't be too awkward.
My mood is right back down for some reason. I think I'm a bit hard on myself when I feel like this, I really do find it hard to do a lot of stuff when compared with my mood last week.
You may use that against me in the future :ninja: