The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Waiting on Dundee is driving me round the bend
I am in my first year at st andrews but want to transfer over...they sent me an e-mail back at the end of January asking for another reference from st andrews so I took that as a good sign but the waiting is driving me mad now!

Had hoped today it would finally be over so finding out that they have till the 10th is a pain. It is so annoying trying to work out where to live etc next year when I am hoping to be elsewhere but might have to stay!

Stressing me out...glad to hear though that there are still some of you out there without any news either! I dont want to give up hope but I can't help but think with every day that goes by that it's less and less likely!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 541
I take it Dundee aren't taking the advised date from ucas to get back to everyone.... Great :frown:
Reply 542
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Just thought I'd say I received an email this morning stating that I would not be made an offer at present as there are candidates who are more suitable to my chosen course, however as I am a very able candidate and their decision is based on pressure for places rather than my ability to meet demands of their courses they will retain my application until May 10th in case places open up on my chosen programme.

I had a hunch I wouldn't receive an offer - I applied for Geography and History with a Geography and Archaeology personal statement. I'm not too bothered, it was the last institution I was awaiting a response from so now I can firm Edinburgh today and get the ball rolling! ^^ Good luck to everyone else with their applications, all the best!

Original post by MER9
I spoke to a friend of mine who had the same response, but his was for Neuroscience. I'm worried they're going to do this with my second application to Dundee (have a conditional for one course, waiting on the other I applied for) :frown:
I got the same thing for Law. I guess they'll take their time.
I got an unconditional for digital interaction at Dundee :biggrin:, almost sure this is where I'll be going. Anyone else heard back from that course?
Reply 544
Original post by JakeE10
Which accommodation is most sociable at dundee?!?

They are all pretty sociable, they're all full of students! People would argue Heathfield, Heathfield and Belmont are practically the same thing tho! West Park is far away from the union so I'd avoid that, but honestly anywhere in Fundee will be sociable. :smile:
I'm going crazy not hearing anything back, certifiably insane actually :wink:

Still, no news is good news (no rejection yet) :smile:
Reply 546
Original post by smart slug
I'm going crazy not hearing anything back, certifiably insane actually :wink:

Still, no news is good news (no rejection yet) :smile:

Me too! I Might give admissions a call today and see if I get anywhere with that!! Do they not realise we need to actually decide very soon!! Haha
Original post by Gemma1994
Me too! I Might give admissions a call today and see if I get anywhere with that!! Do they not realise we need to actually decide very soon!! Haha

if you do, please tell me what they said :smile:

I called admissions the other day because I was told I would hear by the end of March at my interview and all they said was if there is nothing on track they are still considering you.
Just waiting on Edinburgh and Dundee now. I got the "application deferred" e-mail from Edinburgh about a fortnight ago and haven't heard anything from Dundee. It's a shame because they're two universities I would like to go to so I'm hoping that I hear some good news soon :smile:)
(edited 11 years ago)
I take it Dundee aren't taking the advised date from ucas to get back to everyone.... Great :frown:

Officially, there's nothing stopping them coming back to you later with another offer outside UCAS if they have misjudged their numbers for admission.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, don't quote me (so to speak) as I might be completely wrong, but it is not as clear cut as most people think.
Actually, should probably say while I'm here - anyone going here for Civil Engineering? I have an unconditional, but still no idea where I'm going.
Reply 552
I called admissions on Friday and she said all the application decisions had been returned to them and the office assistants were going though them all sending out the decisions so I should know by early this week. When she said "all the applications" I assume she maybe just meant the School of Engineering, Physics and Maths if other people have been told different?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 553
Original post by MER9
I called admissions on Friday and she said all the application decisions had been returned to them and the office assistants were going though them all sending out the decisions so I should know by early this week. When she said "all the applications" I assume she maybe just meant the College of Art, Science and Engineering if other people have been told different?

I was told this on friday too - applying for IR and politics.
Damn, I just withdrew my application as I thought waiting two months after an interview was a bit of a joke when everywhere else got back to me within a week after interview. oh well.
Original post by catrionamal
Damn, I just withdrew my application as I thought waiting two months after an interview was a bit of a joke when everywhere else got back to me within a week after interview. oh well.

ah well, I haven't even had an interview yet :frown:
Reply 556
Original post by AnnB
I was told this on friday too - applying for IR and politics.

I'm applying for IR and politics too, and haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Reply 557

Firmed Dundee and just sent of my scholarship application for mathematics and economics :biggrin:

So excited, not long now!! Is anyone else for this course or definitely firming Dundee? :smile:
Just got rejected from Dundee, apparently I lack scientific education... :frown:
Reply 559
Original post by Kirsty0610
I got an unconditional for digital interaction at Dundee :biggrin:, almost sure this is where I'll be going. Anyone else heard back from that course?

Heard back from digital interaction design on friday 30th march, got an unconditional too! Almost 100% sure its where im going as well, just giving it one last thought. Any ideas which the best halls are? Belmont flats??

Quick Reply