The Student Room Group
Reply 1
£K22
Is there anyone who got into vet medicine through clearing? Also, does anyone know which unis offer the most places through clearing?

Vet med unis dont offer places through clearing unfortunatelt. They always say this is a chance, but it is highly unlikely, considering the amount of applicants. If you have an offer and dont quite make the grades, there is a chance that the uni will still accept you. If they didnt fill enough places, they will generally accept people who had an offer and missed their grades....

Vetsci and biovetsci *always* (well usually) have places in clearing although.
the vet schools don't usually advertise that they've got clearing places - ring them up when you have your results and you might be lucky! I know a couple of people in Liverpool Vet School who got in because they rang up on results day and got lucky!
Reply 3
outrageous121
the vet schools don't usually advertise that they've got clearing places - ring them up when you have your results and you might be lucky! I know a couple of people in Liverpool Vet School who got in because they rang up on results day and got lucky!

Would that be acceptable for people who didn't make a UCAS application, but phone up with their grades and fax references??
it varies - i think its most likely to work if you have applied for vetmed through UCAS first, so the unis have a copy of your application (even if they rejected you). Are you in this position? Still give it a go :smile:
i know someone who was rejected by all 4 of his choices, began a gap year and was phoned by Bristol and offered a place. Bristol had interviewed him but he narrowly missed getting an offer. He jumped straight on a plane back from Africa and began his vet school career. Woohoo! Quite an unusual thing to happen though, I think.
Reply 6
outrageous121

Me too, this often works as Liverpool had more places opened between offers and results day, so a few people got in like this, even if they didn't interview well. It always pays to ring the right place at the right time.
Vet In Progress
i know someone who was rejected by all 4 of his choices, began a gap year and was phoned by Bristol and offered a place. Bristol had interviewed him but he narrowly missed getting an offer. He jumped straight on a plane back from Africa and began his vet school career. Woohoo! Quite an unusual thing to happen though, I think.

Same thing happened to my friend at work - she wasn't in Africa though! But she'd organised LOADS of work exp and stuff, and had to cancel it all at the last minute! But you'd drop everything for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Reply 8
Good god. I think I'll have a go after all!

Latest