The Student Room Group

Terrorist Attack by religious extremist in Wisconsin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by internetguru
Capital punishment is in the bible 'an eye for an eye'.

That is not the biblical source for capital punishment. In the jewish religion that verse is used to teach us about monetary payments for assault.
Original post by avig613
That is not the biblical source for capital punishment. In the jewish religion that verse is used to teach us about monetary payments for assault.

Well eye for an eye is often quoted as a reason for capital punishment.
Reply 22
I understand their motives. These people genuinely believe that these doctors are killing people (they consider unborn children as equal to the born). They become so frustrated with the lack of action against it that they lash out with desperate attempts to hurt people. I condemn these actions but I also understand them.

I concur!
Reply 23
Original post by Brutal Honesty
I bet it was the Muslims.

Lol, unlucky, dunno why you get so many negs though, 99% of the time your comment would be correct, but this time it was a christian terrorist attack, good guess though.
Reply 24
Capital punishment is in the bible 'an eye for an eye'.

Not a big Bible reader but I think "turn the other cheek", "offer them your beard to tear at", "don't wipe the spittle from your face" etc. are in there somewhere.
Original post by DK_Tipp
Not a big Bible reader but I think "turn the other cheek", "offer them your beard to tear at", "don't wipe the spittle from your face" etc. are in there somewhere.

I guess Christians like to forget some verses when it suits them.
Reply 26
I guess Christians like to forget some verses when it suits them.

Here I'll point out the ignorance in your comments:

1) You mentioned a verse from the Old Testament and then brought in Christians. If you had any knowledge of history you would know that Christianity originated after the coming of Jesus Christ. Christians do not follow the Old Testament. they follow the New. The reason the OT is in the Bible is because it serves as proof for Jesus Christ's coming. It was predicted in the OT and for that reason, the OT cannot be removed. Jesus himself said...I have some to fulfill the law not abolish it.

2) You quoted the verse out of context. That verse in its context in the Bible is not talking about capital punishment. I doubt the words "capital punishment" even existed in that time period so it's impossible that the verse is referring to capital punishment. Don't quote from the Bible...change the meaning and context to suit your stupid argument, and then blame Christians.

Check mate?
I think so.
Reply 27
It's usually the Muslims who do the terrorist attacks.

True, but there is various cases of Abortion clinic doctors and nurses being shot at, and on some occasions killed. Devout anti-abortionists have also set fire to clinics, tried to blow them up etc.
Reply 28
It's usually the Muslims who do the terrorist attacks.

You're an idiot.
Original post by avig613
What an unnecessary, offensive thing to say.

I bet it was Christians.

Oh wait, it's fine to generalise non-Muslims.
Reply 30
Original post by BusheSCFC
Lol, unlucky, dunno why you get so many negs though, 99% of the time your comment would be correct, but this time it was a christian terrorist attack, good guess though.

die.
Reply 31
Original post by ice_man
die.

I'm guessing your branding me a racist, you scrote.
I'm thankful that the Christian fruitcakes of the world are all in the bible belt, safely away from us sensible, godless Europeans with our secularism and liberal social views. I'd hate to be a woman in America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending