The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aemiliana
Okay, I caught sight of my ears in the mirror and I'm back to worrying that the tragus part might be too small again. :s I officially hate my ears after having spent so long actually looking at them. Ears are just weird things, aren't they?

Anyone, can anyone say if I'm imagining it all? The tragus thing that is, not the ear hate. The ear hate is now real.

Spoiler

You can probably still have it pierced, it'll just not be as deep as some people's tragus piercings are - they very rarely reject anyway so it won't make much of a difference to this kind of piercing.

I do suggest that if you're unsure, consider an anti-tragus piercing, I have one and it's one that not everyone can have, but your ears would definitely fit one. It's a bit more unusual but similar.
I got it done!
There's still some blood on it, it's going to take me a while to work out how to clean it properly haha.

Spoiler

They were lovely but did say that my tragus was fairly small so that had to have a bit of a feel first.
Reply 5822
I got it done!
There's still some blood on it, it's going to take me a while to work out how to clean it properly haha.

Spoiler

They were lovely but did say that my tragus was fairly small so that had to have a bit of a feel first.

See, what did I tell you?
This is quite possibly the most stupid question asked on this thread but then again I am quite stupid. Lately my friend has been stating the reason he hates tattoos (including mine) is because a few years after they're done all the ink spreads out and they end up looking blobbly and smudged. He keeps going on about it and it's starting to worry me. Do they really go that bad?
Original post by Juno
See, what did I tell you?

:yep: Now I just have to avoid letting it bleed on my white pillow case. :erm: And I think it'll be a while before I try wearing headphones!
Original post by Juno
A curved barbell might be better in your rook, but conches generally can accept straight barbells - although everyone is different. One of my helix piercings gets annoyed if I wear a labret stud in it, but straight barbells are fine :dontknow:

If you do go for straight barbells, you can use push fit retainers which are really secure and also mostly invisible. BJS and other sites do sell them, but I've had both and the Wildcat ones are better - the removable head bit is slightly bigger which makes it a lot easier to use but doesn't make it any more visible.

Personally by poking my unpierced conch I'd say it wouldn't want more than about 6mm in there but I do have small ears. 8mm would probably be a safer length to go for.Or go and find someone who knows what they're doing and how to measure.

Thanks for that! I'll get some of the bioplast ones and then probably just metal barbells for when I actually want to show them off, will miss my BCRs but that's life I guess.
I got it done!

Spoiler

I think yours is probably a very similar size to mine, my piercer had a feel of them both and went with the bigger of the two!

Did you get aftercare advice on how to clean it? :smile:

x
Reply 5827
:yep: Now I just have to avoid letting it bleed on my white pillow case. :erm: And I think it'll be a while before I try wearing headphones!

Could make an interesting pattern!

Go to Asda or somewhere and buy a new cheap one. Or maybe put a towel over it.
Original post by syrettd
This is quite possibly the most stupid question asked on this thread but then again I am quite stupid. Lately my friend has been stating the reason he hates tattoos (including mine) is because a few years after they're done all the ink spreads out and they end up looking blobbly and smudged. He keeps going on about it and it's starting to worry me. Do they really go that bad?

IT's not a few years, more like 20, 30, 40 years, if they're done well.
Badly done ones can blow out and stuff much sooner.
As far as I know anyway.

Don't worry!
Original post by Mega Nerd
I think yours is probably a very similar size to mine, my piercer had a feel of them both and went with the bigger of the two!

Did you get aftercare advice on how to clean it? :smile:

x

Yep, I did. The piercer's I went to have a generic 2-sided A4 that they just fill in the blanks and then it gives oyu aftercare for pretty much every piercing ever. Interesting read.

Original post by Juno
Could make an interesting pattern!

Go to Asda or somewhere and buy a new cheap one. Or maybe put a towel over it.

Yes, it'll go well with my mascara stains (no matter no much I wipe it off, it's always there the next day :nothing:)

I've got some cheap ones as a spare, I don't like how they look so they can come out of the wardrobe for a while to protect my loved bed linen. I'm quite particular about it...

I might clean my headphones later and just see how it feels with them in. Probably after I've cleaned my ear too though, get the last of the blood off :rolleyes:
The inside of my ear is itchy but the end of the barbell is in the way of me itching it, argh! I don't want to push it out because it's pretty sore. I totally didn't consider this when getting it haha. Looks nice though, so inconvenience be damned. What next? :colone:
Reply 5831
The inside of my ear is itchy but the end of the barbell is in the way of me itching it, argh! I don't want to push it out because it's pretty sore. I totally didn't consider this when getting it haha. Looks nice though, so inconvenience be damned. What next? :colone:

Fourchette :p:
Original post by Juno
Fourchette :p:

Nonononono! I don't think I could handle that!

I managed to get my headphones in part way, hopefully once the swelling goes down it'll be fine. Yay for the type of 'phones I have :biggrin:

I am thinking maybe a surface tragus on the opposite ear though. :colone: In a few months. Maybe.
Reply 5833
Nonononono! I don't think I could handle that!

I managed to get my headphones in part way, hopefully once the swelling goes down it'll be fine. Yay for the type of 'phones I have :biggrin:

I am thinking maybe a surface tragus on the opposite ear though. :colone: In a few months. Maybe.

It's my favourite piercing ever
Original post by Juno
It's my favourite piercing ever

Haha why's that?
Tongue piercing on a guy a good idea or not? Always wanted to get one but not sure if it would look good :s-smilie:
My plugs still haven't arrived yet :cry: I had two orders, and the one I placed last arrived nearly a week ago! Where the hell is the first parcel? :puppyeyes:
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
Tongue piercing on a guy a good idea or not? Always wanted to get one but not sure if it would look good :s-smilie:

Yes. You should just get it :yep: I don't really see how you can ''suit'' a tongue piercing anyway (apart from anatomically), most of the time nobody will know you have it.
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Yes. You should just get it :yep: I don't really see how you can ''suit'' a tongue piercing anyway (apart from anatomically), most of the time nobody will know you have it.

Yeah I think i am just going to go for it, not yet though, will have to wait until September when I go uni otherwise I will get a ****storm from my strict parents :frown:
The ball of my tragus piercings seems a bit stuck D: I can't get it off, any advice?

~ It's a stud btw!

:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest